GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS300 Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 10:25 PM
socaldrive
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS300 Advice

Howdy all,

I've been lurking for a few days and have really found the posts to be helpful and insightful. However, I couldn't find an answer to some of my questions so I thought I would delurk and see if anyone could help me out.

My parents are about to lease a new car (they are heavily leaning towards the GS300). They have asked me to run the numbers for them, but I am a bit confused. I only have the January numbers so bare with me.

GS300 @ 36 months, 12k per year, MSRP 50310, Cap 45000(?), $0 down
MF .00178
Residual Value 52%
Monthly (+8.25% tax)=$703.59

Where I am confused is why the Residual Value for the GS300 is so low? A similarly equiped BMW 530i has a residual value of 61% (MF .0014) after 3 years 12k miles--meaning that $55000 car actually has a lower monthly ($674.11) than the GS300. To make it worse, I doubt my parents will purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease.

I don't mean this thread to be about BMW versus Lexus, but about the pricing for the Lexus GS300. First, do I have the right numbers (i.e. money factor, residual, etc.). Second, if I do have the right numbers, is there a reason why the money factor/residuals on the GS300 aren't that great? Is Lexus just not choosing to support this vehicle right now? Should I tell my parents to wait?

Any advice please. Thanks.
Old 02-15-06, 06:25 PM
socaldrive
Driver School Candidate

Gosh, 60+ views and no replies? Did I post this on the wrong sub-forum?
Old 02-15-06, 06:46 PM
akim47
Driver

search the forums. this subject has been discussed before. lexus doesn't offer good deals on the leases. ppl have received better pricing on BMWs and Infiniti M45s and have gone with the other cars. i dont know all the reasons why as i purchased my car. sorry.

ak
Old 02-15-06, 09:14 PM
socaldrive
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by akim47
search the forums. this subject has been discussed before. lexus doesn't offer good deals on the leases. ppl have received better pricing on BMWs and Infiniti M45s and have gone with the other cars. i dont know all the reasons why as i purchased my car. sorry.

ak
Yeah, tried searching the forums, but not much current discussion in regards to the residual values and money factors. Oh well, thanks for the info about Lexus though. I guess I was hoping that I had incorrect numbers, but from what I gather Lexus is operating in a seller's market.
Old 02-15-06, 10:01 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by socaldrive
Howdy all,

I've been lurking for a few days and have really found the posts to be helpful and insightful. However, I couldn't find an answer to some of my questions so I thought I would delurk and see if anyone could help me out.

My parents are about to lease a new car (they are heavily leaning towards the GS300). They have asked me to run the numbers for them, but I am a bit confused. I only have the January numbers so bare with me.

MF .00178
Residual Value 52%

Where I am confused is why the Residual Value for the GS300 is so low? A similarly equiped BMW 530i has a residual value of 61% (MF .0014) after 3 years 12k miles--meaning that $55000 car actually has a lower monthly ($674.11) than the GS300. To make it worse, I doubt my parents will purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease.

I don't mean this thread to be about BMW versus Lexus, but about the pricing for the Lexus GS300. First, do I have the right numbers (i.e. money factor, residual, etc.). Second, if I do have the right numbers, is there a reason why the money factor/residuals on the GS300 aren't that great? Is Lexus just not choosing to support this vehicle right now? Should I tell my parents to wait?

Where did you get the Money Factor part of the equation? Anyways, the residual value for the GS is not as high compared to the Infinit M or BMW 5 series, do the research on www.edmunds.com. Being that the vehicle loses more value over 3 years you can get a better monthly payment with the Infiniti's or BMW's. Couldn't tell you where the money factor comes into play.
Old 02-16-06, 09:26 AM
socaldrive
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nardeezy
Where did you get the Money Factor part of the equation? Anyways, the residual value for the GS is not as high compared to the Infinit M or BMW 5 series, do the research on www.edmunds.com. Being that the vehicle loses more value over 3 years you can get a better monthly payment with the Infiniti's or BMW's. Couldn't tell you where the money factor comes into play.
I got the MF from another Lexus forum. Not sure if the MF changed for February though.
Old 02-16-06, 12:07 PM
krs71
Rookie

I believe the MF is somwhere in the .002xx realm.
Old 02-18-06, 01:18 PM
socaldrive
Driver School Candidate

Default Accurate Third Party MF?

Originally Posted by krs71
I believe the MF is somwhere in the .002xx realm.
This brings up a good point. Does anyone know where to get the accurate money factors for the GS? I have tried searching the internet, but nothing really pops up. I have also used www.leasecompare.com, but no listed money factors.

I could call the dealers, but after getting several different quotes on money factors from different dealers, I would like to know the buy rate money factor. I rather go into a deal informed and not second guessing whether the dealer is trying to fleece me.
Old 02-18-06, 01:24 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by socaldrive
Howdy all,

MF .00178
Residual Value 52%

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=Residual

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=Residual

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...earchid=484325

That should help
Old 02-18-06, 01:43 PM
socaldrive
Driver School Candidate

Wow! Thanks, very informative. I guess I skipped those threads because they were a year old, but they still seem pretty relevant. Thanks.