GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

leaving lexus

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-06, 04:34 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plz help

about a month ago i read a post that had a link that showed problems with the GS and other Lexus’s like it was a Lexus serves repair form about how to fix problems and about problems the cars have dose anyone have a newer update one? so I can see if they have the seatbelt problem, i am having. because one guy tells me others are having it and the other guy tells me its only me. plz help thanks
Old 02-09-06, 10:55 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Yesterday my loaner got a flat tire but the low tire pressure warning never came on funny how they come on for no reason but when u have a flat they don’t lol my car is still in the shop day 6. I ask yesterday what was going one they said they turned on the car and it seem find so they don’t know and they don’t know when it will be ready and the seatbelt is still not fixed
Old 02-09-06, 05:37 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

dos anyone have the Lexus Service Bulletins for 2006 GS it was posted before but i cant find it and is there a newer one ? then the one that was posted thanks
Old 02-09-06, 06:11 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by soflGSguy
dos anyone have the Lexus Service Bulletins for 2006 GS it was posted before but i cant find it and is there a newer one ? then the one that was posted thanks
http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Lexus/index-issue.html
Old 02-09-06, 09:16 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

thank you been looking for it
Old 02-10-06, 09:58 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Default mad as hello

This is the last line I am sorry to say. They called me after 7days and told me my cars ready. The seatbelt was replaced yet again who knows if they fixed it this time, time will tell. They did not fix the smoke problem, or the audio problem, or the steering wheel rattle. But instead left my drivers eat smelling like B.O. my sun ruff doesn’t work anymore u hit close it titles auto open u got to hold and when it opens its hitting something inside the car. And there horrible rattles in the puller ware the seatbelt was replace. I was so upset they said they will call Monday about how to resolve the problems. If I am not happy with what they say I will be getting my lawyer because this is the last step my drivers side smell like B.O. soo nasty and my sunroof was working when I brought it in. now I cant close it right

Any ideas what I could get that’s like a GS because I don’t know I can handle these problems agen ps must be keyless I have handtruble from an auto crash long ago.
Old 02-10-06, 10:09 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is the last line I am sorry to say. They called me after 7days and told me my cars ready. The seatbelt was replaced yet again who knows if they fixed it this time, time will tell. They did not fix the smoke problem, or the audio problem, or the steering wheel rattle. But instead left my drivers eat smelling like B.O. my sun ruff doesn’t work anymore u hit close it titles auto open u got to hold and when it opens its hitting something inside the car. And there horrible rattles in the puller ware the seatbelt was replace. I was so upset they said they will call Monday about how to resolve the problems. If I am not happy with what they say I will be getting my lawyer because this is the last step my drivers side smell like B.O. soo nasty and my sunroof was working when I brought it in. now I cant close it right

Any ideas what I could get that’s like a GS because I don’t know I can handle these problems agen ps must be keyless I have handtruble from an auto crash long ago.
First of all, get rid of the car, you're just not having luck with it from the beginning, you wont have it later on.

I'd say get yourself an M45, or heck, get a replacement GS, see how a new one treats you. Dont get a BMW, they are way overrated.
Old 02-11-06, 12:52 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really don't know what to say. Sounds like your dealership is the real problem. I've never heard of a Lexus service experience quite like yours. BO issues? That's funny.

That being said, I don't understand why you haven't been more proactive. Instead of complaining here, why not get Lexus corporate involved? When I had an issue with my last GS and called corporate expressing my displeasure, they contacted a regional rep to meet with me a week or so later. Lexus made it a priority to address my issues. This level of customer service is what has kept me a loyal Lexus owner.

Maybe you should just trade in your GS and move on. Better move soon before the GS350 comes out and lowers your 300's resale value. Good luck.

Last edited by INHOCJP; 02-13-06 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-13-06, 01:51 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Default Update

Update

Over the weekend I also noticed my side mirrors don’t tilt down anymore and I have this loud banging/tapping noise coming from the back. I have bird poop on my car but can’t wash the car because can’t tell of the sunroof is open or closed because the buttons don’t work lol. The BO smell is almost gone after wiping down the inside seat. Lexus called me on Monday/today and told me that a factory rep will see me the 23, I am going to tell them I do not want this car anymore replace it with a new one or I will have to get a lawyer because my car has had more stuff replaced in it then I want to say. I test drove cars this weekend A6 M35 and M45 all nice but they all are missing a lot of stuff the Lexus has. I will stay with Lexus is they replace it but if I have to get a lawyer I will get a different car.

wish me luck
Old 02-13-06, 10:44 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Pursue the lemon law issue.

Remember to keep all your documented service invoices.

Contact a lemon law lawyer if you are overwhelmed
Old 02-14-06, 05:00 PM
jwa
Pole Position

I been a Lexus customer for almost 10 years now, and if there is one thing that dealers care about its the corporate surveys you receive after a purchase or service appointment. I sometimes feel guilty about the royal treatment I get from my dealer, and I find it difficult to believe any Lexus dealer could get away with the quality of service soflGSguy describes without having corporate crack down on them. Has anyone else had a similar experience with their dealer? Did you make note of it in your survey?
Old 02-14-06, 08:42 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

I still got the survey I didn’t fill it out but I am talking to the factory rep the 23th and let them know what they have done and how the car is I am vary unhappy I do want to stay a Lexus customer because the car is everything I need since I have some needs do to a previous car crash years ago. But I will let them know they can fix it now with me or I will have a lawyer handle it because this is getting to the point I don’t drive it because if it rains it will now get wet inside because the sunroof doesn’t close.

Tomorrow they are going to try to fix the sunroof, wish me luck, because the way it is going now they will give me the car back and it won’t turn on lol.
Old 02-14-06, 11:36 PM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that sucks with all of the bad luck, and I thought a ticking noise was a pain in the a**~. It is good to hear that you want to stay with the car but it's time to get tough and you sound like you are doing the right thing. Would be cool to get a new one~ Sorry your having a bad go at it but best of luck and I hope you have a happy ending.
Old 02-16-06, 10:38 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Yesterday they fixed my side mirrors and sunroof I am not having them touch or fix anything till I talk to the rep the 23rd the burnt smell is worse but now I can have my car washed my sunroof works now hehe, keep you updated on the lemon of a GS sorry if I sound happy about my problems I am not I am just happy I can park out side now and clean my car the dirty and bird pooop was driving me nutso
Old 02-16-06, 11:03 AM
pavster
Driver

Before you even think about getting into another brand, go hang out on their message boards. No car is perfect. I've been hanging around the e90 (BMW 3-series) and 350Z boards, and man, Lexus problems are nothing compared to what those guys are dealing with. If you car is bad, lemon it (probably easier said than done) and get a replacement.

Good luck! I hope it all gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Quick Reply: leaving lexus