GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

new member .. new GS430

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-05, 04:08 AM
dubai888
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking new member .. new GS430

Hiii everybody,

iam new member here in this forum.. i was just surfing the net looking for some info about Lexus cars (coz i just bought i new 2006 GS430 from United Arab Emirates) and came accross this great source, great forum and i guess great guys (we'll see about that )

anyway .. just wanted to share some info with u guys specially those who have the Middle East version of the car .. i'll try to give as much as i can and hopefully i'll get great answers for my questions ..

Brief Info about my self
------------------------------
City: Dubai
Work: Security engineer for telecomm company
Education: bachelor of computer engineering
Current Car: 2006 GS430 ( 1000 Mile so far )
previous Car: 2000 Opel Omega 3.0 V6 (auto)

for now .. i wana share my Car Photos, in the future hopefully i'll be active

Old 11-02-05, 04:31 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on the new car
Old 11-02-05, 04:37 AM
dubai888
Driver School Candidate

thanx maaan .. i wana know if you have this color in the US ... in here it is called Bluesh pearl crystal shine .. what about the US models???
Old 11-02-05, 04:55 AM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Mabrook man, you're going to love this car + i know that the roads in dubai are pretty good, so you'll definitely enjoy the ride. The GS430 in the ME (Saudi and Lebanon) has almost every feature and option except:
1: Lazer Cruise Control
2: Pre-colision system
3: Voice-command (i think)

However, you do get something extra; rear side airbag
Old 11-02-05, 05:36 AM
dubai888
Driver School Candidate

thanx GSsnarl

the ME edition has some more features missing .. like
1. Optional Satelitte Radio..
2.our Radio has single set of FM stored channels while other might have two set (FM1 & FM2) also .. we don't have RDS (although all our FM channels support RDS, it is our damn dealer stupidness)
3. We don't have optional DVD-audio and DVD-Video .. ours just play Audio CDs ... MP3 decoding is not available tooo (i guess all GS worldwide too)

However ME specs have everything as STANDARD !! lol .. nothing optional except (Navigation system, and engine capacity) !!!

warranty here is different also ...
3years/100,000 KM and there is no optional extended warranty

The only thing i saw extra ( i might be wrong) is the Rain sensors.
Old 11-02-05, 06:27 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dubai888
thanx maaan .. i wana know if you have this color in the US ... in here it is called Bluesh pearl crystal shine .. what about the US models???
Congrats on your new car. Never heard of that color here in the states, but it does look very similar to Glacier Frost Mica.
Old 11-03-05, 12:02 PM
ferix
Rookie

congrats on the car i have the same but in bahrain.. how do u find the nav.? updated?

thanx GSsnarl

the ME edition has some more features missing .. like
1. Optional Satelitte Radio..
2.our Radio has single set of FM stored channels while other might have two set (FM1 & FM2) also .. we don't have RDS (although all our FM channels support RDS, it is our damn dealer stupidness)
3. We don't have optional DVD-audio and DVD-Video .. ours just play Audio CDs ... MP3 decoding is not available tooo (i guess all GS worldwide too)

However ME specs have everything as STANDARD !! lol .. nothing optional except (Navigation system, and engine capacity) !!!

warranty here is different also ...
3years/100,000 KM and there is no optional extended warranty

The only thing i saw extra ( i might be wrong) is the Rain sensors.
Old 11-03-05, 12:37 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Hiii everybody,

iam new member here in this forum.. i was just surfing the net looking for some info about Lexus cars (coz i just bought i new 2006 GS430 from United Arab Emirates) and came accross this great source, great forum and i guess great guys (we'll see about that )

anyway .. just wanted to share some info with u guys specially those who have the Middle East version of the car .. i'll try to give as much as i can and hopefully i'll get great answers for my questions ..

Brief Info about my self
------------------------------
City: Dubai
Work: Security engineer for telecomm company
Education: bachelor of computer engineering
Current Car: 2006 GS430 ( 1000 Mile so far )
previous Car: 2000 Opel Omega 3.0 V6 (auto)
WELCOME!!!

Yes, this forum is great. You will find that this forum has many people that are very open minded and unbias unlike other forums. That is why lately I find myself here most of the time.

BTW, why are you driving that POS? J/K I thought everyone in Dubai drove Ferrari.

National Geographic Channel (Engineering Marvel) showed the construction projects with all these islands in the middle of the sea and I was in awe. I still am. Your Prince has a vision man Hopefully someday I will be able to go there for a visit.

Anyway, Welcome.
Old 11-06-05, 01:18 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great color choice!
Old 11-06-05, 10:36 AM
LexFather

Congrats and welcome. We have a lot of international GS owners
Old 11-06-05, 10:47 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Welcome and congrats1
Old 11-06-05, 03:21 PM
Niloy63
Rookie

Congrats on your car! By the way, I looooooooove Dubai... and for that matter, I like Abu Dabi a lot as well. My parents worked for ARAMCO in Saudi when I was young, so I lived over there in the compounds for a while, so we used to head off to Bahrain and Dubai whenever we got the chance. The only problem over there about cars, is that it's very difficult to find a modding place, unless things have changed within the last five years. Congrats again, buddy.
Old 11-06-05, 10:04 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Very nice! Is there anyway you can take a picture of your VIN plate (you can x out the numbers). I'm curious to see if they look the same for all different countries. Here in the US it looks like this below.

But in Canada, they have a maple leaf imprinted on theirs.

Old 11-07-05, 09:31 PM
dubai888
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Niloy63
Congrats on your car! By the way, I looooooooove Dubai... and for that matter, I like Abu Dabi a lot as well. My parents worked for ARAMCO in Saudi when I was young, so I lived over there in the compounds for a while, so we used to head off to Bahrain and Dubai whenever we got the chance. The only problem over there about cars, is that it's very difficult to find a modding place, unless things have changed within the last five years. Congrats again, buddy.
Yaaaaaaa trueeeeeeeee difficult to find modding place .. specially for lexus .. all the modding you'll find here is for 4x4 Nissan Super safari, Land cruiser, Nissan Skyline and some hondas'

however there are garages specialize in tuning and modifying but usually the parts are ordered from abroad.
Old 11-07-05, 09:35 PM
dubai888
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ferix
congrats on the car i have the same but in bahrain.. how do u find the nav.? updated?
thanx man ... the Nav is fine .. very good update ... however iam sure u know dubai .. everyday a new road, new project, enhancement here and there, shifting some times, new bridges !! so ... they can't really be updated ! lool .. u know one time i was driving in Shiekh zayed road (popular skyline) and i wanted to go some where .. i found the nav useless since at least there are 4 new bridges .. and two of them already changed !!!!! i'll wait for the 2006 update

Quick Reply: new member .. new GS430