GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Hit in Parking Lot

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-05, 10:29 AM
Butta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit in Parking Lot

of my school yesterday afteroon. noticed it this morning.
Old 09-28-05, 11:08 AM
blue06gs
Driver

daaam....sorry to hear that bro....i couldn't imagine how i would react if i saw that on my GS....

i would probably faint!!!
Old 09-28-05, 11:32 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry for your damage....hope you can get it fixed!
Old 09-28-05, 11:48 AM
Butta
Driver School Candidate

Never tried PDR on any of my cars... would any of you recommend it for a job like this? The bumper is all paint work, but the fender is mildly dented and scratched.
Old 09-28-05, 03:07 PM
gs430jw
Pole Position

To make it worse it was one of my "Black" brothers. I would kill someone
Old 09-29-05, 09:34 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Butta
Never tried PDR on any of my cars... would any of you recommend it for a job like this? The bumper is all paint work, but the fender is mildly dented and scratched.
I've been told a couple of times that PDR can't be done on a crease. That looks like a crease. I've had it done to repair hail damage and the results were amazing.
Old 09-29-05, 09:57 PM
Butta
Driver School Candidate

I happened to be back in the same lot at the same time this afternoon. This lot has about 60 spots and mostly people who work in the surrounding medical buildings park here. I take a quick glance around for any white cars... and low and behold, I find this beaten up old Camry. I run home, grab a measuring tape, and my digicam. I think the pictures speak for themselves.

I left the individual a note asking why they hit and run. He called me a few hours later, we discussed, and eventually argued. He completely denied ever hitting my car. I think the evidence is overwhelming. The scuffs and body lines match up perfectly, white paint is left on my car from his body, and black paint is left on his from my bumper. He works in one of the buildings near the lot and admits to being there on Tuesday and parking in the vicinity of where I parked.

What do you think?
Old 09-29-05, 11:42 PM
cmmc
Driver School Candidate

Good job with the pictures & measurements - that's most likely your guy. Where did he say he got the damage from. anyway??? And when?? If you get a chance to line up the cars side-by-side next to the damaged portions to show him, he can certainly keep denying but he'll look like an idiot. Even though this moron continues to deny it, you certainly have enough "evidence" and some excellent pictures to give to your insurance company if you choose to do so. Good luck & don't let it get you down!

(CHP LT)
Old 09-29-05, 11:52 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that is some pretty nice evidence you put together. i wouldn't say it's 100% conclusive only b/c there is no way you can totally prove it. even though he regularly parks there, his car is pretty old and beat up so there is no way of determining if those are indeed from your car. he could have hit another black sedan some time ago in the same fashion. you'd have to have some kind of before-after pics i would think. maybe a lawyer on this forum can chime in. i don't know, maybe it's worth a shot, but it seems like a tough one.

oh, about the PDR - i recently had a dent over the same horizontal crease of the RX pulled out with PDR, and it came out perfectly. i didn't take before/after pics, but the dent was small, not too deep, and didn't cause paint damage to my fender. the guy was able to put it back like new, absolutely no hint that a dent was ever there. i can't tell from your pics how bad it is, but you should definitely ask, because PDR is the way to go on that sort of stuff.

good luck and keep us posted!
Old 09-30-05, 02:36 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Dude , those are some pics you got Way to go on collecting evidence
Old 09-30-05, 02:54 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Do like on CSi & have the actual paint chips analyzed! But your investigation looks overwelming! Nice job!
Old 09-30-05, 04:09 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would suggest you show the pictures that you have obtained to the guy and say...you want to go to court for the full amount of the repair or just settle for 50%.

I know 50% would still be out of your pocket...but like someone said already...you dont have a guaranteed win.

Any cameras in the lot? If you have it on video, then you almost have a 100% case.

I would seriously try the 50% split.

Good luck man.

Manuel
Old 09-30-05, 08:46 AM
Butta
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately, the amount of damage just isn't enough to warrant a law suit. Put together all my time, sweat, grief, and possibly lawyer fees, outweighs the cost of actually getting the repair done myself. My best bet was to get him to admit to it, and that course of action failed.

Even though the evidence is very thorough, it's not conclusive enough. His car could have hit mine with another driver, and he wouldn't be at fault. I would have to actually be able to prove he was driving his car and hit mine. In civil court, I think you only have to prove a 51% chance of the event occuring to win... but then again, the cost and trouble far outweighs just repairing it myself.

I guess I'll file a police report and be done with it.
Old 09-30-05, 09:08 AM
blue06gs
Driver

wow, i can't believe you actually found the car u think hit you, thats awesome! i agree with other people on this board.

Present the guy with pictures and stuff that you took and tell him that you will take him to small claims court if he doesn't pay up. If you stay on him, he might just fold and end up paying half of the damages.

otherwise, take him to small claims courts.....in small claims you can file up to $5000 in damages and it requires no lawyers or anything.

i hope you get it fixed.

ALSO, what does PDR mean??
Old 09-30-05, 10:09 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue06gs
ALSO, what does PDR mean??
paintless dent removal. the best thing ever!

Quick Reply: Hit in Parking Lot