GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2005 Gs Sales

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-05, 08:22 AM
abbeyrd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Gs Sales

I Think That The Current Generation Has Been A Dog In Terms Of Sales.
It Might Seem Like A Lot Compared To Last Years Sales In Terms Of Percentage Increase Due To The Fact That The Previous G Series Didn't Sell That Much In Its Last Year.
In The Ny / Nj Area, I Hardly See Any New G Series. I See Way More New Bmw 5 Series, New Mercedes E Series , Lexus Ls, Es, And Rx .
I Had A 1998 G300 Which I Enjoyed. I Think The Current Version Is Over-priced.
The Reviews Havn't Been That Great. The Current Consumer Reports Article Sure Doesn't Help. I Don't Remember The Last Generation Having These Types Of Reviews.
Old 08-10-05, 08:29 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by abbeyrd
It Might Seem Like A Lot Compared To Last Years Sales In Terms Of Percentage Increase Due To The Fact That The Previous G Series Didn't Sell That Much In Its Last Year.
In The Ny / Nj Area, I Hardly See Any New G Series. I See Way More New Bmw 5 Series, New Mercedes E Series , Lexus Ls, Es, And Rx .
The Reviews Havn't Been That Great. The Current Consumer Reports Article Sure Doesn't Help. I Don't Remember The Last Generation Having These Types Of Reviews.
Although I agree it's pretty rough reading some of the latest 3GS reviews, sales seem to be pretty strong. The reason you "See Way More New Bmw 5 Series, New Mercedes E Series , Lexus Ls, Es, And Rx " is because those have been on the market for at least several years as opposed to 4-6 months for the 3GS.
Old 08-10-05, 08:30 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it's meeting/beating Lexus's own sales target right now. Can't be that bad.
Hopefully the GS350 can arrive soon to end the #1 complaint in most reviews and many power-hungry consumers, that the power is lacking compared to the competition.
Old 08-10-05, 08:43 AM
costanza
Pole Position

Who cares about sales and reviews. Have any of those reviews actually had anything "bad" to say? And low sales makes my car more exclusive
Old 08-10-05, 09:24 AM
gs430jw
Pole Position

Good I hope they don't sell allot. I love driving a car that not many people have. Also, I don't like to blend into the crowd like Bimmers and Benz's do.
Old 08-10-05, 10:54 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Overpriced? Put the '98 GS300 next to a '06 GS300 and compare the two. Styling aside (since that is purely subjective) it's not even funny how much more technologically advanced and refined the 3rd gen GS is over the previous model. The 2nd gen GS is a great car, I drove one for 6 years, but the new GS is a different league.

Overpriced? Compared to the 5 series and the E class the new GS is a bargain. Sales wise, the GS is meeting its target numbers. The 5 sells more since it has more variants, and the majority of sales are constituted by the lower priced 525. The E sells b/c, for better or worse, it's a Mercedes.
Old 08-10-05, 11:33 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

What's up with all the capitals?

Anyways, sales of the 3rd gen GS have been very strong. Extrapolated from its first 5 full months of sales, it's on pace to sell 39,000 units annually.

Lexus's target was 33,000 annual sales.
Old 08-10-05, 12:20 PM
abbeyrd
Pole Position

Still see very few 3rd generation GS's in the NY / NJ area
Old 08-10-05, 01:05 PM
jwaters
Pole Position

First of all, the current GS is a 2006 model, not 2005. Secondly, Every Word Doesn't Need To Be Capitalized.

Simple solution, if you don't like the new GS, don't buy one! The new GS has been selling extremely well. In fact, I don't see sales going anywhere but up with the introduction of the GS350, GS450h & GS460 all due to be released within 13-14 months.
Old 08-10-05, 01:18 PM
abbeyrd
Pole Position

Hey JWaters

My cap lock button was on pal!

Don't be such a sensitve baby!

I am not knocking the GS. I've owned 2 Lexus cars. One 92 ES and one 98 GS.

Both were purchased new.

I was just pointing out that I rarely see a current GS in the NY metro area.

Last edited by abbeyrd; 08-10-05 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-10-05, 02:02 PM
jwaters
Pole Position

My cap lock button was on pal!

Did you forget how to deactivate it?

Don't be such a sensitve baby!

I'm not being a baby. Just stating my opinion. Sorry if I came off as being abrupt or abrasive.

I am not knocking the GS. I've owned 2 Lexus cars. One 92 ES and one 98 GS.

Both were purchased new.

Good for you. I hope you like them...that's all that matters anyway, right?

I was just pointing out that I rarely see a current GS in the NY metro area.

Is that really suprising to you? Much of the competition that you mentioned has been on sale for 1-2 years already whereas the GS hasn't even been out for a full 6 months yet. Give it another year and then we'll talk.

Last edited by jwaters; 08-10-05 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-10-05, 02:23 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jwaters
First of all, the current GS is a 2006 model, not 2005. Secondly, Every Word Doesn't Need To Be Capitalized.
ROFL! Looks like a note from a serial killer.
Old 08-10-05, 02:46 PM
GS430X6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gs430jw
Good I hope they don't sell allot. I love driving a car that not many people have. Also, I don't like to blend into the crowd like Bimmers and Benz's do.

Perfectly put, nuff said.....
Old 08-10-05, 02:49 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

in socal i see quite a bit of them...in fact today during lunch time i thought i was at a 3GS gtg on Jamboree Road LOL...i counted 4 including myself within lanes of each other.
Old 08-10-05, 03:35 PM
LexFather

Let me explain why this is locked.
1. You didn't even bother to go back and look for sales information, which we POST every month, which shows, the GS is selling like hotcakes, beyond expectation, even though it is more expensive.
2. This is the 3GS forum, so its the 2006 GS, the 2005 GS was made in limited quantaties b/c Lexus knew the new one was coming. They PURPOSELY limited production.
3. Just b/c u don't see it, doesn't mean they are not selling
4. Your opinon on it being overpriced is cool. The GS is still thousands less than the Germans.
5. The reviews have been very solid. Only recently with the AWD GS getting last, was it "bad". It they didn't call it a bad car, it just wasn't sporty enough for them.

Now before u make threads, I suggest u read up.