GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3GS 430 Blk/Blk on 20" DAVINS

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-05, 02:39 PM
akim47
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with others... just don't think the car was meant for this...
Old 08-09-05, 07:47 PM
noop
Instructor

looking good, now you need to lower it!

did you know the first Davin wheel (revolution 1.0's) were made using HRE wheels, I dont know where that came from, but I just thought I would add it in , lol
Old 08-09-05, 09:55 PM
Benzoboi
Pole Position

To each his own...but IMHO I just can't do that to such a car...

Did you look into HRE or anything else for it? I'm assuming they might have been around the same price. I would have gone to them too but I had them on my other car and just wanted to try something different.
Old 08-09-05, 09:57 PM
JKashat
Lead Lap

Davin is going to be rebuilding me a new set of wheels because these stick out a bit too much and rub on the lip of the fenders during hard cornering or if I have people in the back or stuff in the trunk. I have decided to switch to Black/Chrome instead of Chrome/Chrome. The face would be black. The spinner would be chrome, and so would the lip. I really like the style of the wheel and don't even care that they are spinners or not. I will probably bolt the spinners to the face once I receive the Blackk/Chrome set for that nice color matched/two-tone look. As far as iForged or some of the other brands mentioned, I want to be different. It seems that any style/brand other then what everone commonly likes is frowned upon. And, if/when more modifications become available, I will definitely consider them. More specificly... exhaust, y-pipe, adjustable coilover suspension, and definitely a supercharger. Then, when my "ghetto fabulous" GS smokes other rides on the streets of Detroit... I'll still be SPINNING!!! lol
Old 08-09-05, 10:41 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

The spinning factor is definitely what ppl thought was the negative aspect of your ride...I am not trying to downplay your car or taste, but those are just my and others opinions..and I am sorry, GS430 is reasonably fast car but you won't really be smoking Ms and AMGs even with a charger...good luck..
Old 08-11-05, 04:12 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spinners make me dizzy.

Congrats dude...as long as you're happy with your car and your wheels, dont worry about what any one else says....
Old 08-11-05, 05:33 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You're incorrect by saying we only appreciate wheels everyone else liles or has. I sure i don't. There are so many choices now that it's easy to find something really nice that very few people have. No one on this board has Cartelli Davinci's and I think they are sweet. No one has Savini Forged and they are sweet. I could go on and on. Also, I don't believe anyone has been negative about your wheels. Just voicing opinions that most of us share. Lexus usually stands for class and people can have different interpretations of what classy means. Most will share opinions on some items though. Spinners is one of those items. They just don't seem to match the picture of classy wheels....to most of us. Don't mind us...we're all crazy Lexus freaks.
Old 08-11-05, 06:56 AM
JKashat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reggiek
You're incorrect by saying we only appreciate wheels everyone else liles or has. I sure i don't. There are so many choices now that it's easy to find something really nice that very few people have. No one on this board has Cartelli Davinci's and I think they are sweet. No one has Savini Forged and they are sweet. I could go on and on. Also, I don't believe anyone has been negative about your wheels. Just voicing opinions that most of us share. Lexus usually stands for class and people can have different interpretations of what classy means. Most will share opinions on some items though. Spinners is one of those items. They just don't seem to match the picture of classy wheels....to most of us. Don't mind us...we're all crazy Lexus freaks.
Thanks for the post. I just feel like everytime I read a thread about wheels on the new GS, everyone is suggesting the same few brand of wheels. I just wanted to have something different to stand out from the crowd, and these Davin's do that. I am not even a big fan of spinners at all and was not planning on getting spinners for my GS but I really liked the style of the Davin 6.1 with the spinner screwed down (not spinning). The only reason I kept them spinning was because they do get a lot more attention this way and if I didn't, I'd just have an overpriced set of 3-piece wheels (in my case 4-piece). I originally planned on HRE wheels, but didn't love any of the styles for the GS. I decided on GFG Beverly Hills and ordered them but once they came we realized that they didn't built them correct and one wheel was leaking. That's how I ended up with the Davins. I agree that Cartelli's look cool, I don't know about Savini, but my question is... All these companies are new and I don't know about their quality.
Old 08-11-05, 03:23 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JKashat
Thanks for the post. I just feel like everytime I read a thread about wheels on the new GS, everyone is suggesting the same few brand of wheels. I just wanted to have something different to stand out from the crowd, and these Davin's do that. I am not even a big fan of spinners at all and was not planning on getting spinners for my GS but I really liked the style of the Davin 6.1 with the spinner screwed down (not spinning). The only reason I kept them spinning was because they do get a lot more attention this way and if I didn't, I'd just have an overpriced set of 3-piece wheels (in my case 4-piece). I originally planned on HRE wheels, but didn't love any of the styles for the GS. I decided on GFG Beverly Hills and ordered them but once they came we realized that they didn't built them correct and one wheel was leaking. That's how I ended up with the Davins. I agree that Cartelli's look cool, I don't know about Savini, but my question is... All these companies are new and I don't know about their quality.
I agree...some of the newer brands don't have a track record but the Cartelli wheels have been arounf for a few years and my wheel shop guys swear by them. Savini is actually not new. They are the Zinik Wheel company and they have gotten into the high end game. The Zinik wheels seem to be of decent quality and I've never heard any complaints. The main thing is that you're happy with your choice. But I can just see your car with that Savini on it, what an imagination I have. Here's some of their wheels: