GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My baby has been violated.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-05, 08:10 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry My baby has been violated.

Well last night, i decided so go into the city and use the holland tunnel.

I left my house about 11:30 and didn't expect the traffic to be as massive and heavy as it was. Anyway....i'm like 10 mins away but it took 45 mins to get to the entrance of the tunnel.

Now for you who do not know, there are like 8 lanes of traffice at the toll booths merging into 2.
Basically, this piece of ***** decides to merge into the EZpass lane which I was on with his huge 4x4 silver wagon. He got so close that his bumper scrapped my rear door and my rear fender. I got out and was like WTF. Of course all the asswipes behind him were already beeping to keep going (they been waiting for an hour i guess already like me and want to go through). I saw huge silver streaks on my rear right door and wheel flare. He was actually saying...dude you were merging in my lane....what a liar...i help my composure...got his license plate and went back into my car and proceeded down to the tunnel.

I'm going to see today or tomorrow whether a lot of the surface scratches can be taken out with buffing compound. I guess his bumper was plastic so it could have been a lot worse. I'm hoping i can get most of it out.

Bottom line is what could have been an enjoyable evening (or morning i guess) turned out to be screwed up. There probably isn't enough damage to report it to my insurance company so i'll have to deal with it on my own. Even with his license plate, not sure if i will be able to do anything cause it will be my word against his and most likely both of our premiums will end up being raised.
Old 08-07-05, 08:23 AM
dandd2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch
wont hurt to try to report it
Old 08-07-05, 08:32 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Sorry to hear that Hope everything goes well in the repair. Yes, I think you should consider reporting it too . . .
Old 08-07-05, 08:53 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn dude, that sucks!!
Hope it's an easy fix.

You have very bad luxk with Lexus GS models by the way
Old 08-07-05, 09:26 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

from working over on the eastcoast i've decided that it's pointless to have a nice car over there...too many a@@hole drivers
Old 08-07-05, 09:46 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

That really sucks manny
sorry to hear
Old 08-07-05, 09:53 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Damn that does suck big time Sorry to hear
Old 08-07-05, 09:59 AM
djcmills
Driver School Candidate

I feel your pain!!! NYC during the summer is the best place to be. Especially when you have a beautiful, shiny Lexus, trust me there is no other in it's class that looks or rides better. It always takes a d*ckhead to spoil your night! I would report it if I were you. Good luck!
Old 08-07-05, 10:36 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well fellas,
I feel much much better now. Took it to the place that does all of my detailing work. They put the buffing wheel with polishing compound to take out the damage. Miraculously, there is only a tiny scratch left on the fender flare. Could have been much worse i guess.

Old 08-07-05, 10:55 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Well fellas,
I feel much much better now. Took it to the place that does all of my detailing work. They put the buffing wheel with polishing compound to take out the damage. Miraculously, there is only a tiny scratch left on the fender flare. Could have been much worse i guess.

Good news
Old 08-07-05, 11:22 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Sorry to hear man, my brother lives in NJ so I see ALOT of that dreaded Holland Tunnel traffic and I HATE that after tolls merge, its always like a damn demolition derby waiting to happen!

Good luck
Old 08-07-05, 11:23 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Well fellas,

Glad to hear that
Old 08-07-05, 02:32 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well fellas,

Glad to hear everything turned out ok
Old 08-07-05, 02:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by djcmills
I feel your pain!!! NYC during the summer is the best place to be. Especially when you have a beautiful, shiny Lexus, trust me there is no other in it's class that looks or rides better. It always takes a d*ckhead to spoil your night! I would report it if I were you. Good luck!
NYC is the last place I want to be driving a car of any kind (except maybe an Abrams tank). Gimma a cab, a limo, or the train any time!
Old 08-07-05, 02:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Well fellas,

Very glad to hear it wasn't so bad after all. With so much traffic pouring in and out of NYC, your odds aren't good I'm afraid.

Quick Reply: My baby has been violated.