GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Screens in headrests

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-05, 09:49 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screens in headrests

does anyone know if screens in the new GS3 can be added? or would it be better going w/ GS2 headrests?
any feed back plz ?
Old 07-21-05, 10:15 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've only seen one person put in a screen in a 3GS and they swapped headrests.
Old 07-22-05, 08:07 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the new headrests are a tad too small if you want to go with 7" screens....
Old 07-22-05, 06:57 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

thats what i was thinking..anyone know wher i could purchase GS2 headrests?
Old 07-22-05, 09:49 PM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you might want to check these out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=94848&rd=1
Old 07-22-05, 10:19 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Prepboy607
hanks but these look kinda cheap..
Old 07-23-05, 01:45 PM
Wigalo
Driver School Candidate

When I was purchasing my 430, I asked the salesman if screens could be placed in the headrests. He said that he didn't know for sure but doubted it as there is a sensor for the VDIM located in the headrest.

I asked my local stereo shop and they think that they can do it, but since my car was on order, they wanted to take a look at it before comitting. We re on vacation and my car arrived while on holiday. We return Monday afternoon. I'll repost once they take a look.

The screens are a must have for my daughter, but I think I would pass on them if I had to put in the 2gs headrests. I've not seen any that look nice enough to put in a $60k car.
Old 08-20-05, 12:11 AM
Wigalo
Driver School Candidate

My car is going in on Monday to get 7" screens installed in the headrests. The shop is going to do some custom work to make them look stock. I'll post photos next Thursday or friday as we are headed out of town.
Old 08-20-05, 02:51 PM
GS430X6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wigalo
My car is going in on Monday to get 7" screens installed in the headrests. The shop is going to do some custom work to make them look stock. I'll post photos next Thursday or friday as we are headed out of town.

Can't wait for the pics!! I want so bad to install 7" screens in my stock headrest, I looked into aftermarket, 2gs headrest and they look cheep compaired to the stock ones. Please post ASAP. Thanks!
Old 08-20-05, 06:15 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS430X6
Can't wait for the pics!! I want so bad to install 7" screens in my stock headrest, I looked into aftermarket, 2gs headrest and they look cheep compaired to the stock ones. Please post ASAP. Thanks!
ya custom work around here to install 7'' headrest screens is $3000 cash ... i think its cheaper going for already install monitors in headrests, it might look a little weird but screens come as big *** 8.5'' now ... only for about $2000 cash
Old 08-22-05, 02:26 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep us posted dude...definately want to hear how it turns out.

Manuel
Old 08-24-05, 07:42 PM
Wigalo
Driver School Candidate

Will do guys. We just got back into town; I dropped the headrests off before we left. Hopefully, I'll be dropping the car off tomorrow and they will install the dvd source. The installer is also going to try to tap into the Levinson/Nav so that i'll have 3 sources...newly installed dvd, lexus dvd/nav and a game port.

If possible, I'll snap pics of the headrests tomorrow when I drop the car off, then take pics of everything once it's all complete.

I think that I'm more excited than my daughter...
Old 08-24-05, 09:13 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

Will do guys. We just got back into town; I dropped the headrests off before we left. Hopefully, I'll be dropping the car off tomorrow and they will install the dvd source. The installer is also going to try to tap into the Levinson/Nav so that i'll have 3 sources...newly installed dvd, lexus dvd/nav and a game port.

If possible, I'll snap pics of the headrests tomorrow when I drop the car off, then take pics of everything once it's all complete.

I think that I'm more excited than my daughter...
if you get the already installed headrests from myron and davis you can have 3 video sources also..
i will be getting the 8'' monitors in a month or so, i hear that kenwood has released 9'' replacement headrest monitors..
those must look awesome
http://myronanddavis.mobilevideo4les...theadrest.html
Old 09-06-05, 10:31 PM
Wigalo
Driver School Candidate

HEY

I haven't forgotten about you guys. Typical shop, tomorrow, tomorrow, blah, blah, blah...

Well it was ready last week and it looked terrible. You could definitely tell the screens were added. I told the shop the work wasn't acceptable for a 60k car.

They originally tried to paint and texture the custom work, boy it looked cheap. They called me today after wrapping the rear headrest/screen assembly in leather...that's what I'm talkin' bout. It looks really good.

I'll be picking up the car tomorrow and should have photo's online by tomorrw night...
Old 09-07-05, 08:46 PM
Wigalo
Driver School Candidate

Default Prelim Look

Ok, I still don't have my car. The installer sliced his finger while trying to get the screen out of the original fabricated piece. But you can get an idea of what they will look like once done.

A little dirty, but when cleaned up, they re going to look really nice. I'll post more once all complete.

Last edited by Wigalo; 09-07-05 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Screens in headrests