GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Sirius available at Lexus-Parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-05, 07:55 PM
relagustin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius available at Lexus-Parts

It looks like Sirius option is available at lexus-parts.com. Instruction manual says its for a GX, but it is listed under the 06 GS300 and GS430. Can anyone confirm if this will work?
Old 07-18-05, 11:21 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i contacted darrel diller about it last week, and he said their website is updated but the parts aren't available to him and other dealers until aug 1. he said the install PDFs are not right, but the unit is similar to the one on the ES, which looks alot like the SIGMA windshield mount. you can contact darrel to pre-order.
Old 07-19-05, 01:38 PM
relagustin
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the update! Waiting to cancel my XM.
Old 07-19-05, 02:46 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

here is a pic of the ES install - looks like SIGMA . . . hope this is how it looks on the GS. the install looks very complicated, i am wondering if the labor is going to cost a lot.

Old 07-19-05, 04:43 PM
mi330
Driver School Candidate

Smile Sirius 2006 GS300/430 part numbers

This information was taken from lexus_parts.com today which discribes the part numbers for the Sirius Receiver for the 2006 GS that now can be ordered online from Sewell Lexus. I have sent this info to my local Lexus Dealer. Hope they can get the Sirius parts ASAP. I got my GS300 the end of May and cancelled the XM radio that was to be installed. I wanted to wait for Sirius. Hopefully I will be getting a call from my Lexus dealer so they can get it installed. Looks like the antenna placement will be much better then the XM antenna placement. I have already payed for the Sat. radio to be installed as part of my GS sale price . There will be no additional cost to me because I am getting Sirius and not XM.

Available Parts: Online Price
> PTS31-00052 - Sirius Receiver Kit - Lexus $199.00
>
>
>
> PTS31-30060 - Sirius Satellite Radio Fit Kit - Lexus GS300/430 $103.00
>
>
>
> 86100-0W130 - XM RADIO KIT GS300 GS430 $299.00
>
>
>
>
>--------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
> © Sewell Lexus. All rights reserved. Please review our Privacy Policy.
> Website design and hosting by InterCity Services, Inc.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Old 07-21-05, 11:41 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very good news!
Old 07-21-05, 11:57 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

I ordered it.
Old 07-21-05, 02:18 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

update on the labor - darrel estimated 3hrs @ $50/hr, so hopefully the dealers near you will offer about the same rate. the install on the PDF looked pretty complicated b/c of the windshield mount, so i think $150 for labor is not too shabby.

looknow, did you get a CL discount on the unit?
Old 07-21-05, 02:19 PM
frebay
Pole Position

anyone know of special monthly deals for sirius? xm has a special where it's 5.99 if u prepay for a year.
Old 07-21-05, 02:38 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

there are some specials right now w/ Sirius. best yet, there is a lifetime subscription available. i am going to jump on that b/c i plan on using sirius in my current and future cars forever. and like all other services, usually this lifetime thing lasts for a while but then will not be offered again once they've reached certain subscription levels.

here is the link: http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1065475754240

p.s. i never thought i'd go so far as to pay for radio, but i am getting increasingly annoyed with the amount of advertising on public air waves, so i am taking my first satellite radio plunge w/ the new GS and Sirius.
Old 07-22-05, 05:59 AM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Lexuslover, i'm on the same wavelength as you...and will go lifetime when i subscribe.

does anybody know if Sirius will, as rumored, be providing surround sound at some point? if yes, do you know if it will be simulated or distinct multi-channels?

i am so spoiled by the surround in the M/L, i hate listening to anything that's merely two-channel now. can't even play regular CDs anymore, i'm on a strict diet of DTS discs but they're in short supply.
Old 07-22-05, 06:43 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Music isn't recorded in Surround. Only Movies, television, anything with video.

I did hear that Sirius would have this capability too.
Old 07-22-05, 07:30 AM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Multi-track recorded DTS music vs "Surround"

sorry, i guess the guys putting out these DTS music discs are using the term "surround" rather loosely, and i should refrain myself. the discs i'm buying say "recorded in DTS 5.1 Digital Surround". they are music only, such as...Marvin Gaye: Forever Yours (1997) (DTS) - CD

they took his original multi-track studio masters and mixed them down into 5 channels. sounds absolutely stunning played in the new M/L. the M/L has the DTS decoder required for playback. Marvin is singing out of one front speaker, his backups are in the back and instruments are all over the place. awesome.

i also bought the Eagles: Here's the web description ==> "Hell Freezes over has now been remixed and made available as a Surround Sound 5.1 Music Disc. "

i have some simulated music surround discs too (Britney Spears, etc) but they're dogs compared to the true DTS. sorta like an echo coming from the rear speakers.

by the way, you can find more selections at:
http://www.fortune3.com/comp72048/?p...c_Disc_1.html&

anyway, i'm hoping that Sirius will broadcast multi-track music at some point, rather than just two-channel stereo. fingers crossed!
Old 07-22-05, 10:27 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by winsalem
sorry, i guess the guys putting out these DTS music discs are using the term "surround" rather loosely, and i should refrain myself. the discs i'm buying say "recorded in DTS 5.1 Digital Surround". they are music only, such as...Marvin Gaye: Forever Yours (1997) (DTS) - CD

they took his original multi-track studio masters and mixed them down into 5 channels. sounds absolutely stunning played in the new M/L. the M/L has the DTS decoder required for playback. Marvin is singing out of one front speaker, his backups are in the back and instruments are all over the place. awesome.

i also bought the Eagles: Here's the web description ==> "Hell Freezes over has now been remixed and made available as a Surround Sound 5.1 Music Disc. "

i have some simulated music surround discs too (Britney Spears, etc) but they're dogs compared to the true DTS. sorta like an echo coming from the rear speakers.

by the way, you can find more selections at:
http://www.fortune3.com/comp72048/?p...c_Disc_1.html&

anyway, i'm hoping that Sirius will broadcast multi-track music at some point, rather than just two-channel stereo. fingers crossed!
It's like Quadraphonic sound. Remember that? :-)
Old 07-22-05, 11:06 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuslover
there are some specials right now w/ Sirius. best yet, there is a lifetime subscription available. i am going to jump on that b/c i plan on using sirius in my current and future cars forever. and like all other services, usually this lifetime thing lasts for a while but then will not be offered again once they've reached certain subscription levels.
Can the lifetime subscription be transferred from one car to another?

Just wondering b/c last year I was told by Sirius CS that I couldn't transfer a lifetime subscription from my current unit to another unit (subcription is tied to the radio you sign up with). Maybe they have changed their policy.

Quick Reply: Sirius available at Lexus-Parts