GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the exterior styling of the GS(ONLY THE EXTERIOR DESIGN)?
I LOVE the new exterior design.
76.17%
I HATE the new exterior design.
23.83%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Love it or Hate it: New GS DESIGN

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-05, 05:37 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love it or Hate it: New GS DESIGN

Strictly talking about the exterior design of the GS, Do you love it or hate it? Why? (don't base this on options, colors, price, HP, torque, or w/e) No "maybe"s here!
Old 02-23-05, 06:54 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude what color is that????? is that the glacier frost mica? man if it is - it would look so dam good with ash interior. *STUNNING*

damm therer are so many colors that look so perfect on this car its so hard to decide what to get.
Old 02-23-05, 06:56 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Default 8 votes, 0 replies?

(Started making before GS3rdwow's post, sorry )
Come on! Back up your opinion; your word isn't good enough without reason (as my old English Teacher pounded into my head)! Sorry!

Just want to get some vibe for what the Lexus Community is feeling towards the new GS as a whole.

( Example post A: Hey, that exterior is suave and sleek. The lines make it look fast while not in motion. And the Flint Mica is soo cool as a color. I like it a lot)

( Example post B: Hey, that exterior look like it is gonna drive slower than donkey turds! The lines look like a coke bottle and the wheels are ugly because they are.... boring. Lexus should just stick making cars for AARP members!) (We all know this is wrong , but just a sugestion)

Last edited by yaro1; 02-23-05 at 06:57 PM. Reason: GS3rdwow's post was before mine
Old 02-23-05, 07:05 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
Dude what color is that????? is that the glacier frost mica? man if it is - it would look so dam good with ash interior. *STUNNING*

damm therer are so many colors that look so perfect on this car its so hard to decide what to get.
Yeah, Glacier Frost with Ash interior was exactly the combo . Check this out:
in the following link, change the number after "gs" and before ".jpg" to a number between 1 and 22 for some HUGE pics of that car I tested.

Change the number right here............................. <>
http://www.yaro1.com/sitebuildercont...ctures/gs1.jpg

BTW: that picture at the top of the threadis a scaled down version of #17

Happy viewing!
Old 02-23-05, 07:11 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

For some reason, I think newer is always better. This design grew on me, and I love it.
Old 02-23-05, 07:34 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Thought the 3rd Gen looked ugly, but seeing the car in person changed my opinion. The front looks great, and the rear could be better, but overall, I like it.
Old 02-23-05, 11:50 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Should also maybe say...think its fine....not as moving as the last design/or excpected more which doesn't necessarily mean you hate it. But- if you want it that way- either or- I would love the design.
Old 02-24-05, 05:16 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

When I first watched the revealing at the 2004 NAIAS I was like it's a Nissan! However when I saw the same preproduction model in the NYAS I fell in love with it and felt it didn't look like a Nissan at all. I love the new front end.
Old 02-24-05, 05:29 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts
Thumbs up

I really like the new GS styling especially after seeing it in person. It is very modern looking with all the new technology features. I cant wait to own one.
Old 02-24-05, 06:25 AM
lexus_x_2
Rookie

Default My wife and I just love this car

I think the exterior looks great and the interior has a very clean (uncluttered) look and luxury feel. We are waiting for her GS 300 AWD to arrive at the dealer. I'm waiting until Tuesday when the IS 350 is introduced. It's either the IS 350 or GS 430 for me.
Old 02-24-05, 12:32 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Default Cheater!

Hehe, this is why I made the results open:
Someone voted twice for HATE : psteng, psteng19
Makes you wonder.......

(UNLESS I am mistaken and that is just a coincidence or common name , but it is anyway just a little interesting !)
Old 02-24-05, 12:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by yaro1
Hehe, this is why I made the results open:
Someone voted twice for HATE : psteng, psteng19
Makes you wonder.......

(UNLESS I am mistaken and that is just a coincidence or common name , but it is anyway just a little interesting !)
It may indeed be more common than you think, I saw a similar name in freshalloy
Even took the time to register twice here just to try to fudge a poll LOL Might as well register another dozen times under different names this time to come here & vote like crazy
Old 02-24-05, 05:10 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

I love the new GS style. But......there are several other sports sedans that I love even more......they are BMW 5-series, Mercedes-Benz E-class, Infiniti M45/M35. Acura RL is about the same as the new GS. I call them the new big-five luxury mid-sized sports sedans.
Old 02-24-05, 05:18 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
I love the new GS style. But......there are several other sports sedans that I love even more......they are BMW 5-series, Mercedes-Benz E-class, Infiniti M45/M35. Acura RL is about the same as the new GS. I call them the new big-five luxury mid-sized sports sedans.
You'll be the only one calling them that.
Old 02-24-05, 08:14 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Out of all those you mentioned, the GS is the beast. In what it gives you, the price (value), styling, sheer beauty, aggresive finish inside and outside with a bold sporty attitude all over and in the car. It has the true fit and finish of a luxury sport sedan. The others are just there because there has to be other cars in the segment. Thats the difference between the GS and the rest.

Quick Reply: Love it or Hate it: New GS DESIGN