GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the exterior styling of the GS(ONLY THE EXTERIOR DESIGN)?
I LOVE the new exterior design.
76.17%
I HATE the new exterior design.
23.83%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Love it or Hate it: New GS DESIGN

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-05, 11:59 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yesterday I saw both the GS 300 AWD and M35x while driving around I must say the GS looks great in person and doesn't look much like the Maxima like what most say.Also when I first saw the M35x coming I thought it was a G35... I love the new GS style...
Old 04-22-05, 09:09 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusTech
Overall,I like it. Those unpainted plastic/chrome trim pieces below the door ruins it IMO. Leave that crap @ Pep Boys or Autozone
they are real metal as infiniti got tired of complaints about cheap cabin materials. that interior pic is sweet and having seen both cars in person I have to say the m45 is much better looking than the gs overall. the gs does have a great interior though. the m45/35 is about 10000 overpriced in my opinion.
Old 04-22-05, 09:18 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by digital_b
they are real metal as infiniti got tired of complaints about cheap cabin materials. that interior pic is sweet and having seen both cars in person I have to say the m45 is much better looking than the gs overall. the gs does have a great interior though. the m45/35 is about 10000 overpriced in my opinion.
He was reffering to the molding under the door of the GS. The piece of black plastic with a smallchrome strip.
Old 05-21-05, 06:58 AM
RAID10
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yaro1
(Started making before GS3rdwow's post, sorry )
Come on! Back up your opinion; your word isn't good enough without reason (as my old English Teacher pounded into my head)! Sorry!

Just want to get some vibe for what the Lexus Community is feeling towards the new GS as a whole.

( Example post A: Hey, that exterior is suave and sleek. The lines make it look fast while not in motion. And the Flint Mica is soo cool as a color. I like it a lot)

( Example post B: Hey, that exterior look like it is gonna drive slower than donkey turds! The lines look like a coke bottle and the wheels are ugly because they are.... boring. Lexus should just stick making cars for AARP members!) (We all know this is wrong , but just a sugestion)
LOVE the new GS. The M45 looks cheap the two level dash is ugly and the BMW like "I" drive **** is distracking. The rear end is very common. The new GS will put sponk into the lineup. If it is so ugly how come dealers cannot keep them in stock and the waiting lists are getting longer.
Old 05-24-05, 05:24 AM
superpats
Lexus Test Driver

Saw the first 06 GS430 yesterday and Dayum that ride is hott to death. I pulled up next to it and there was an older woman driving it so at the next red light I rolled my window down and she noticed and rolled hers down too and I was like, "That is one nice ride Ms." She shot me a smile and said "Thank you dear" Then I rode off thinking what the hell is she doin in that ride?
Old 05-24-05, 09:12 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by superpats
Then I rode off thinking what the hell is she doin in that ride?
It's simple, it's called driving.
Old 06-12-05, 03:04 AM
yoshi
Pole Position

I finally saw a black GS300 2006 model.

It sucks.

It looks like a cheap nissan from the rear.

The interior looks smaller also than my gs.

Yuk!
Old 06-13-05, 09:48 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Interior color choices

I have to admit I was disappointed in the GS3's design in pictures, but after seeing several at the dealer and on the road, I have completely changed my mind. This car needs to be seen in 3 dimensions to appreciate all the subtle styling. I also like the interior design and quality of materials, however, (and I hope this doesn't offend anyone) I had hoped for better, or at least different interior color choices. I like lighter interior colors, with natural stained wood. With Millennium Silver as my exterior color preference, the only interior color choices are black or gray with black stained wood. I know many people like the black wood tone, but I would guess there are more who would like the traditional wood stain. It would be great if Lexus offered both wood tones in any interior color, giving buyers a choice.
Old 07-20-07, 02:20 PM
lexusgs408
Lead Lap

New GS style is the best!!!!
Old 07-20-07, 04:25 PM
CsKWarEd
Driver

lol talk about bringing up a thread from the dead... 2yrs old!

Old 07-20-07, 04:42 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Omg I just crapped myself thinking this was the new 08 GS..

Me: "OMG NEW GS...(speaking to my wife) come SEE!!!!111!!"

her: "Wow really..cool let me see"

Me opens thread

Me looks at same GS I have in the same pic

Me gasps for air and realizes this was posted in 2005
Old 07-20-07, 08:15 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I knew this thread was somewhere around so I'm glad it surfased so I could read it again. I remember saying a lot of unflattering things about the GS. Now I have 2 of them.
Just so you all understand....my wife begged and argued for the first one. I didn't want it. Since it was to be her daily driver, I gave in and got what she wanted. A year later it grew on me. It became more attractive. I still don't think the headlights are designed the best but they are unique and sweet. Whole car is sweet. Now we have 2 and loving them. Now I think it's the best Lexus overall. COmbined luxury, sport and looks, it's the best imo. Best looking Lexus is the IS350 but overall, I give it to the 3GS.
Old 07-20-07, 09:46 PM
aas080
Rookie

This is one of the most attractive cars I have owned..my previous one does not even compare..(2005 BMW 525).
Old 07-21-07, 09:06 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

GS is the most "stately" sporty sedan on the market. To some people, including myself, the current BMW 5 series appeals a bit more because it has a more muscular look. Still love how my 07 GS450h looks....
Old 07-21-07, 02:23 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Its alright

To me it looks outstanding!! But as a Lexus it lacks the elegant and arrogant (yet with personality) look of the second generation. I think it would've been better as a high-end Toyota branded car or as a different model.

Quick Reply: Love it or Hate it: New GS DESIGN