GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the exterior styling of the GS(ONLY THE EXTERIOR DESIGN)?
I LOVE the new exterior design.
76.17%
I HATE the new exterior design.
23.83%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Love it or Hate it: New GS DESIGN

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-05, 07:06 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to vote, but I neither love the new GS nor hate it. I feel it's a fairly good design but it does not make me really "want it" (aka "love it").
Old 03-21-05, 03:24 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

I like the new design. It was long overdue and Lexus did a great job!

They should have rebadged the model names to GS350 or GS450 to really set apart these cars from the preveous generations, since you have such a feeling (especially with the GS430) that it will change very soon (will make those of you that can wait, WAIT!)
Old 03-21-05, 09:58 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Did not like the shape first but as I saw more pix and saw it in person.....loved it so much that i bought it!
Old 03-21-05, 10:15 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

I ended up not voting.

There should have been some middle choice such as:

"Overall, the design is so-so" or something like that.
Old 03-29-05, 10:27 PM
Kyosuke86
Driver

Originally Posted by GStateOM
Thought the 3rd Gen looked ugly, but seeing the car in person changed my opinion. The front looks great, and the rear could be better, but overall, I like it.
My father felt the same way, he said that in pictures it didn't look that great, but in person it was a lot better looking and he even said it looks nicer than the M45.
Old 04-04-05, 06:19 AM
Milla...

Absolutely does nothing for me, saw it in person and my feelings was solidified. Its ok but its not the car I would trade my current GS for. Its something about that long swoop of a roof line that connects to the trunk thing going on that I'm not very fond of.
Old 04-08-05, 08:38 PM
JKashat
Lead Lap

I picked up my Blk/Blk Gs 430 on Thursday and I gotta say after 1 day, I LOVE IT!!!
Old 04-11-05, 01:11 PM
TMQ
Rookie

I finally got around to check out a few in person at Lexus of Seattle. I thought the front looks pretty good, but the back really doesn't do it for me (the little lid). It certainly looks fast and smooth in a recent TV commercial (black color). The ones that I looked at were white and grey.
Old 04-13-05, 09:45 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to say that I'm shocked at the thirty something people who voted against this design statement by Lexus.
The car is so much better looking in person. I had a chance to test drive the only one on the lot that wasn't spoken for here at a Dallas dealer the first week GS came out. Other than the little pullout panel by your left knee which is cumbersome to use, the rest is pure excitement and joy to behold. I tell you this car is miles apart from it's predecessor.
My vote: An unqualified Success!
Old 04-15-05, 05:04 PM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the design is excellent. Its fresh, luxurious, sporty but yet timeless. It's not a design that will knock your socks off, but then again it's not a flash in the pan or an ugly duck either. And it doesn't look like a less affluent cousin. There are more aggressive designs, but we'll see how dated these look in a few years. A friend of mine has a 1994 GS and it still is an attractive car that doesn't look its age. Congrats to Lexus for a job well done.
Old 04-18-05, 12:18 AM
cal_alum98
Lead Lap

I wasn't a fan of the new design when I first saw the pictures; I was hoping for something more eye-catching. When I first saw the front end, my first thought was "hey, that reminds me of a Saab 9-3). Seeing it in person hasn't changed my mind about the exterior either.
Old 04-20-05, 10:29 AM
vicpai
Pole Position

Default Simply put...

.....this GS has got to be one of the nicest looking cars to come out of Lexus!!! It's simply GEORGEOUS!!!!! .....Why you ask?? .....it's clean, modern, stylish very "european-esque" and not "outrageous looking" (which seems to be the trend these days )

.......OTOH, Lexus's own ES 330 is a totally different story. It's got to be the UGLIEST, most HORRENDOUSLY STYLED vehicle ever (together with the Pontiac Aztec). The Lexus designer was probably high on something when they made this monstrosity!!!
Old 04-20-05, 10:35 AM
vicpai
Pole Position

Default I have to totally and unequivocally agree....

Originally Posted by DallasLex
I have to say that I'm shocked at the thirty something people who voted against this design statement by Lexus.
The car is so much better looking in person. I had a chance to test drive the only one on the lot that wasn't spoken for here at a Dallas dealer the first week GS came out. Other than the little pullout panel by your left knee which is cumbersome to use, the rest is pure excitement and joy to behold. I tell you this car is miles apart from it's predecessor.
My vote: An unqualified Success!
.......with you!!! Can't believe so many people voted against!!!! .....This has got to be possibly THE BEST looking car Lexus has ever made in their entire existence!!! .....They've managed to make it look very stylish (and very importantly, WITHOUT GOING OVERBOARD)
Old 04-20-05, 10:36 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

vicpai, I agree with you about the '06 GS design. Some have said it looks too much like the M, Altima, or even the Avalon. I don't see it. I think the GS stands apart from those. It's the first Lexus automobile style that I've truly liked.
Old 04-20-05, 11:27 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vicpai
.......with you!!! Can't believe so many people voted against!!!! .....This has got to be possibly THE BEST looking car Lexus has ever made in their entire existence!!! .....They've managed to make it look very stylish (and very importantly, WITHOUT GOING OVERBOARD)
The poll should have more choices.....
Like it
Like it some
Dislike it
Dislike it some

Just like it or hate it is too extreme. I am not a fan of it but I voted for hate it because there were no other choices. I'm weird. I actually think it's sweet but I don't like it for me.

I stongly disagree it's the best looking car from Lexus ever. I'd say the 92-00 SC is. Next would be the 1GS. Then the 92-00 LS. Then current LS. Then the 2GS. Then IS. Then SC430. Then 3ES, 4ES, 2ES and finally 1ES.

Last edited by Ice350; 04-20-05 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Love it or Hate it: New GS DESIGN