GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2 different window stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-05, 05:09 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 different window stickers?

Iv noticed that some new GS models have one type of window sticker background, while others have another. One has like a blueish background of the road and sky in the back, i think?

And the other is white, or something close...i can barely recall.

But I do know that there are two different kinds that i have seen. Anyone know what the purpose for that is? (just curious)
Old 02-22-05, 05:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
Iv noticed that some new GS models have one type of window sticker background, while others have another. One has like a blueish background of the road and sky in the back, i think?

And the other is white, or something close...i can barely recall.

But I do know that there are two different kinds that i have seen. Anyone know what the purpose for that is? (just curious)
Lexus & Toyota like to change the backgrounds of their window stickers periodically. The blue/green background has been around for a while now. If you see a newer sticker on the newer GS, it's probably that TMS will switch the Lexus window stickers to that background. Just a marketing aide, nothing more.
Old 02-22-05, 06:25 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Thanks for clearing that up

Wow..Mr Flipside is very informed about just about everythign to do with lexus. I envy your stealth in the knowledge you have for Lexus.

lol

maybe you could answer this too... in the actual new GS full brochue (i picked it up today)...if you go to the color chart in the back, and look at the flitn mica...it doesnt look like flint mica. It looks like graphite gray pearl to me. I have seen the flitn mica - it has a bluish hue to it and also hints of pink when the light hits it. ( i saw the RX330 at a dealer lot as well). When you put the color chart up against the light, there are no hues. I was confused. Based on that color chart, it looks like the graphite gray, .. in fact i think it really is. I have seen the graphite gray on the 02GS - my friend has one and is trying to sell it private party to get a new 06GS. Anyways, do you know why the color chart shows that color as a flint mica? I think it may be wrong... i know i know - alot of you may be thinking i am nuts for saying they put a color chart of a graphite gray in the brochure, instead of flint mica. But if you could Mr Flip, please look at the chart and see it against the light. Then take the chart up against a flint mica on an rx330. They are two different colors. Why???

Plz help a confused soul.
Old 02-22-05, 09:29 PM
carminesc
Rookie

Default flint mica or graphite

i think the flint mica is the same as the LS and not quite the same as the color on the RX. you're right in saying it has a bluish hue to it because it definately does. not quite as dark as the RX.
Old 02-22-05, 09:33 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

carminesc - if u have the full brochure...look on the last page where the color chart is and look at the flint mica they have in there. put it next to your own car color. Its not the same color is it??

The one in the brochure is more darker - it looks to me like the graphite gray pearl. I really think those guys put that chart in there by accident instead of the flitn mica. Maybe im wrong. Check it out and plz let me know
Old 02-22-05, 10:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
Thanks for clearing that up

Wow..Mr Flipside is very informed about just about everythign to do with lexus. I envy your stealth in the knowledge you have for Lexus.

lol

maybe you could answer this too... in the actual new GS full brochue (i picked it up today)...if you go to the color chart in the back, and look at the flitn mica...it doesnt look like flint mica. It looks like graphite gray pearl to me. I have seen the flitn mica - it has a bluish hue to it and also hints of pink when the light hits it. ( i saw the RX330 at a dealer lot as well). When you put the color chart up against the light, there are no hues. I was confused. Based on that color chart, it looks like the graphite gray, .. in fact i think it really is. I have seen the graphite gray on the 02GS - my friend has one and is trying to sell it private party to get a new 06GS. Anyways, do you know why the color chart shows that color as a flint mica? I think it may be wrong... i know i know - alot of you may be thinking i am nuts for saying they put a color chart of a graphite gray in the brochure, instead of flint mica. But if you could Mr Flip, please look at the chart and see it against the light. Then take the chart up against a flint mica on an rx330. They are two different colors. Why???

Plz help a confused soul.
Since those are simulated color chips of paint, they will greatly differ from what you actually see in the car. Flint Mica is definitely a blueish metallic gray. Just take a look of those pics I took at Longo under that artificial lighting. The colors in the brochure are just representative colors that are simulated, not actual painted swatches. They definitely try their best to match the paint chips to the actual paint, but because these brochures are mass produced, the printing company would have a hard time actually using actual painted pieces. Imagine the cost and the weight associated with using actual car paint! That last page would be so heavy, they will literally tear off from the actual brochure!
Old 02-23-05, 04:50 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The drying room could be a problem...

Not to mention that the pages would stick together if they actually painted them......
Old 02-24-05, 06:11 AM
Lexus4Sale
Driver School Candidate

Rockville is right... Get em Rock!!