GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

All pearl white/crystal white GS owners, post here......

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-03, 11:05 AM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by meanboy
You don't need a stock rear bumper, do ya?
Meanboy,

Good to see a fellow Nor Cal GS owner here!

I got the stock bumper covers/side skirts/spoiler from the previous owner, so I won't be needing one. Thanks for the offer!

And what's all this yellowing bottom panels about?
Old 09-24-03, 11:29 AM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Hi Phantom! Where abouts are you in Norcal? I am in S.F.

It's good that you have the stock bumper covers, etc.

The yellowing is something that happens to some of 98-99 Pearl White cars. The problem is that the panels are plastic and the paint sometimes yellows as a result. There is an outstanding TSB for it. If you search some of my old posts, I think I might have the number listed. The dealer will repaint the panels as long as your car is under the comprehensive warranty. My dealer, Serramonte Lexus, actually repaired my bumpers and had them repainted along with the rocker panels. Looks like new...No more yellow here!

But if you are past the warranty and it's not yellow yet, it probably won't change color.
Old 09-24-03, 06:26 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: All pearl white/diamond white GS owners, post here......

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Okay, in the spirit of fun, we are going to start a GS gang. Join the PDW (pearl/diamond white) gang. Post a pic of your white GS 1st or 2nd gen. We own all other colors. White is THE Lexus color, no other color says LEXUS like those flakes in that white paint.

Join the movement.

Sign your name to the movement.

1SICKLEX
RACIST!!!!
Old 09-24-03, 06:40 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally posted by futuregs
struggling......bah.

Adrian you no call me? What's up with that?

Anyway, I see all you PWD owners forgot about me....
Oh, now THAT is a stunning picture. WOW.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-24-03 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-24-03, 07:52 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

future does have a real nice pic but he still doesn't pic up his phone!! i get the picture "B" don't want 2 speak 2 the blue guy huh?
Old 09-24-03, 11:38 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bluelex
future does have a real nice pic but he still doesn't pic up his phone!! i get the picture "B" don't want 2 speak 2 the blue guy huh?
Old 09-27-03, 05:55 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Irrefutable evidence that WHITE is the best color.

Sick, sorry to take so long to respond since I am the proud owner of a WHITE GS. So, in penance I’ve done some research on the PDW question – here are the results.

I got a handwriting sample from Hiroshi Yomama, CDPO (Chief Decimal Placement Officer) at Lexus Financial Services. Extensive analysis shows that he pauses between his upstroke and his downstroke and that he has a really small finial. He developed the Lexus credit rating system, which places the highest value on WHITE automobiles.

A recent translation of the Dead Sea scrolls shows that the original intrepretation of the Bible’s book of Genesis (1:3) was slightly incorrect. God actually said “Let there be WHITE”.

Seventy-eight percent of all stretch limos are WHITE. Good luck finding a red or blue stretch. And if you want a black one, don’t forget to pick it up at the funeral home.

I also consulted many ancient writings, the Madonna scrolls, the book of Gore, and the yogis of Berra. One finds several truths hidden in the centuries-old texts, such as don’t buy a putter until you’ve had a chance to throw it, a closed mouth gathers no feet, never hit 17, and WHITE is RIGHT.

A noted Japanese mathematician, Sosueme Weeniemoto calculated the rate of bird droppings on various colors and proved that grackles can’t see WHITE, only darker colors. Thus, WHITE cars are invisible to the blackbirds. Known as the “Picasso” of the bird world, they preferred a black palette for compositions with a predominance of whites and grays, while blueberry blends found red cars most often.

A study of numerology shows that WHITE has the highest numerical weight, while the other colors (red, blue, and black) don’t measure up. Thus, WHITE is the heavyweight - the others are bantamweights, flyweights, and paperweights (respectfully). Silver has a numerical value that translates to “lick my muffin”.

I prepared an astrological chart for each of the colors. WHITE’s chart has Mars on the cusp of the Tenth House and the Sun in retrograde, the chart identifies the following attributes: physical beauty, material wealth, high intelligence, and irresistible to the opposite sex. Black’s chart has its head up Uranus and its descendent in Pluto’s house. Red’s chart shows a moon in transist streaking from one house to another, and Blue shows itself to be square and in opposition to venus and will never get laid.

So, in conclusion, we have conclusive PROOF that a WHITE Lexus is the RIGHT Lexus.

‘nuff said.
Old 09-27-03, 06:03 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Irrefutable evidence that WHITE is the best color.

Originally posted by garnet92

and Blue shows itself to be square and in opposition to venus and will never get laid.

hey hey hey... i get laid... but i don't like venus i would rather have serena

Last edited by bluelex; 09-27-03 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-27-03, 06:06 PM
sung35
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bravo

Yeah, take that blue, black
Old 09-27-03, 06:12 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

<----- Loner, GO GOLD!!! woohoo!
Old 09-27-03, 06:22 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: Irrefutable evidence that WHITE is the best color.

Originally posted by bluelex
hey hey hey... i get laid... but i don't like venus i would rather have serena
LOL!!!
Old 09-28-03, 12:47 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Attached Thumbnails All pearl white/crystal white GS owners, post here......-13217dscf0053-med.jpg  
Old 09-28-03, 12:55 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

I stand alone
Attached Thumbnails All pearl white/crystal white GS owners, post here......-home.jpg  
Old 09-28-03, 01:15 AM
LuxuryRacing
Driver School Candidate

Smile IMO

Hey guys, great war here, but in my opinion, not hating or anything, but I think that dark color cars in general shows the least details because it blends in with the openings of the car....front air dam for example. This makes the details in the body kit not stand out as much. Also if your car happens to get keyed, scratched, or get hard water marks, it's more noticable and so much more harder to wax off!!!! Also hot as hell if you live in the south like me, and harder to see at night too! Black does look very elegant and smooth, but PDW is just as classy! It's good at hiding the lines around the doors, hood, trunk, etc., but then again the design of those doors and all makes a nice car look great! It's also harder to maintain a dark color car cause you can see every tiny lint that falls on the car! All in all, PEARL DIAMOND WHITE GS RULES cause I got one myself!!! HAHAHHA!

John

P.S. Sorry no picture yet, but count me in, I'm PDW all the way! WOO HOO!

P.P.S. My first Lexus was an ES300, also pearl white! My parents got a white Sequoia. My sister is the only black sheep of the family with a black Audi, ugh! Now she knows what I mean by black cars are hella hard to maintain! Too late sucker! ahahhah!
Old 09-28-03, 06:04 PM
LexFather

Sick, sorry to take so long to respond since I am the proud owner of a WHITE GS. So, in penance I’ve done some research on the PDW question – here are the results.
G, you sound like the PDW "Chief Technical Lawyer". Will u accept this honorable position? GS400kidd, Luxury Racing welcome to the struggle. PDW ownsz all other Lexus colors. Just read Garnet92's post for all the evidence u need.

Quick Reply: All pearl white/crystal white GS owners, post here......