GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cool "hidden" features about the GS that are not very known

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-15, 12:25 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts

I usually keep it on recirculate all the time anyway instead of breathing in NYC dirty air but I will try this. Thanks

Originally Posted by RamAirRckt
Correct, only in Auto Recirc.

Right. Mine is set to 3 now and if I am around a lot of cars it will tend to switch more often. Diesels don't seem to trigger it, but cars with gas engines do more so.
Old 06-18-15, 03:34 PM
samsmart
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right hand drive

Does anyone know if the AC filter is the same on the right hand drive UK models? Couldn't seem to find it earlier and would like to clean it out as in sure it hasn't been done for a Loooong time!

Also the windscreen wiper options? I don't think mine has it. They're pretty low down so assume they're as low as they go but also don't come up either? Just curious on that one as we dont get as harsh winters anyway.
Old 06-18-15, 04:10 PM
antonios32
Rookie

Originally Posted by DrewGS4
Recently someone asked me about some "hidden" options on the GS that is not very evident to all GS owners.

I dug up an old post of mine and summarized the basic points: (other CL members and myself have contributed to this data)

1. Hold the unlock button down for more than 5 seconds and it opens up all the windows and sunroof. This can also be accomplished by putting the key in the keylock and turning the key to the right and holding it there for about 5 seconds.tooopen all windows and left to close all windows and sunroof.

2. Driver and passenger side visor can be turned toward the door window to block light from coming in. But in addition it can be extended an additional 6 inches by pulling it towards you.

3. Steering wheel can be lowered even more by holding the down button for about 6 seconds followed by by a couple more pushes which will bring the steering wheel even lower.
To move the steering wheel and extra 1/2in to 1inch in any directions....click the button 8 times in the direction you want it to move it

4. In the glove box, you can get to the Air conditioner filter and clean it out. You can remove the panel by pulling it straight out and than slide out the A/C filter. I could not believe how dirty and filthy my filter was and I was breathing all that ****** when the AC was on.

5. When giving the car to a valet, you can insert the key into the lock and lock it. But you can also lock it without the key. Just push the lock in and the trunk locks itself. To unlock it you would need to use the key.

6. When you turn the auto button on the AC automatically comes on. If you do not want the AC to come on, than turn off the AC so the green light does not appear when the auto button is on. Next, turn on the off switch to switch off the system. Then instead of hitting the auto switch to activate the hvac controls, hit the fan speed swich left or right button. This will turn on the controls without the AC going on and decreasing the power on tap.

7. You can change the defaut sensitivty of the of the carbon filter from 0 to 3(most sensitive) to turn from fresh air to recirculate. This is in the manual...while the car is running and in park, press and hold down the auto/fresh/auto button until a number pops up in the AC display. Use the AC temperature control button to move it up from 0, 1, 2 or 3.

8. Open the trunk manually with key and the trunk light will not turn on, use the trunk remote on key and the trunk light turns on.

9. To turn of your headlights at night, hit the lock button twice on the remote

10. The last is C-best settings. You can change many things around here by the computer the dealership uses. For instance, I had changed the feature that will allow me to press the unlock key on the remote only once to open all the doors not just the driver door.
See attachment for settings:

For 2001 and up owners see this website for a list of Cbest setting that fits your car:
http://members.bbnow.net/txalec/
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-15, 07:09 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Some of them already knew them, but not others. Every day you learn something new. Right?

Thanks for shear thus info.
Old 06-19-15, 09:07 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Default the best secret feature

if you have a car with navigation, and you want to be able to use the navigation while the car is driving like inputting an address, than push menu than the top right of screen says dvd, push that. than a screen will show up for the version of the disk. push the top left of the screen, bottom left top left than bottom left than bottom right. than a service screen will show up and the first column will say override. hold that for a few seconds till it illuminates. now you can use the nav. while driving. it resets when the key is turned off so youll have to do it again next time needed.
Old 06-22-15, 09:32 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Why doesn't mine say DVD when I press menu? Do I need a newer version?

Originally Posted by badblackgs
if you have a car with navigation, and you want to be able to use the navigation while the car is driving like inputting an address, than push menu than the top right of screen says dvd, push that. than a screen will show up for the version of the disk. push the top left of the screen, bottom left top left than bottom left than bottom right. than a service screen will show up and the first column will say override. hold that for a few seconds till it illuminates. now you can use the nav. while driving. it resets when the key is turned off so youll have to do it again next time needed.
Old 06-22-15, 07:58 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

when you press menu the dvd button should be up at the top right in small form.
Old 06-23-15, 05:07 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

I don't think my car has DVD and it doesn't say DVD when I press menu button at all. I have a 2001 by the way
Old 03-17-16, 06:13 PM
3BooDz
Driver School Candidate

Is there any way to activate the auto aide mirrors dent when turning of the car as its in lexus ls ?