GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cool "hidden" features about the GS that are not very known

Old 04-23-13, 05:20 PM
acuratechv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headlight trick is useful, it has always irritated that auto headlights woudl not turn off till the timer was done . thanks!
Old 04-23-13, 09:28 PM
acl99
Rookie

If i'm not mistaken those are 19" G35 wheels. I wish my GS was black :/
Old 05-07-13, 08:30 AM
Nate718
Driver School Candidate

Great Post!!
Old 05-07-13, 08:51 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by timtim14
what are these wheels?! they have lexus center caps maybe avant garde?
Originally Posted by acl99
If i'm not mistaken those are 19" G35 wheels. I wish my GS was black :/
you are correct....they are 19" G35's and a little paint will fix that
Old 05-27-13, 02:55 PM
Oliveoil
Driver School Candidate

Very interesting thread. Lexus's are such technologically advanced cars, people don't realise.
Old 06-05-13, 06:01 AM
stoneytony
Driver School Candidate

just picked up my first gs and this thread definitely helped me learn what its capable of!
Old 06-07-13, 05:50 PM
The20thltr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DrewGS4
Recently someone asked me about some "hidden" options on the GS that is not very evident to all GS owners.

I dug up an old post of mine and summarized the basic points: (other CL members and myself have contributed to this data)

1. Hold the unlock button down for more than 5 seconds and it opens up all the windows and sunroof. This can also be accomplished by putting the key in the keylock and turning the key to the right and holding it there for about 5 seconds.tooopen all windows and left to close all windows and sunroof.

2. Driver and passenger side visor can be turned toward the door window to block light from coming in. But in addition it can be extended an additional 6 inches by pulling it towards you.

3. Steering wheel can be lowered even more by holding the down button for about 6 seconds followed by by a couple more pushes which will bring the steering wheel even lower.
To move the steering wheel and extra 1/2in to 1inch in any directions....click the button 8 times in the direction you want it to move it

4. In the glove box, you can get to the Air conditioner filter and clean it out. You can remove the panel by pulling it straight out and than slide out the A/C filter. I could not believe how dirty and filthy my filter was and I was breathing all that ****** when the AC was on.

5. When giving the car to a valet, you can insert the key into the lock and lock it. But you can also lock it without the key. Just push the lock in and the trunk locks itself. To unlock it you would need to use the key.

6. When you turn the auto button on the AC automatically comes on. If you do not want the AC to come on, than turn off the AC so the green light does not appear when the auto button is on. Next, turn on the off switch to switch off the system. Then instead of hitting the auto switch to activate the hvac controls, hit the fan speed swich left or right button. This will turn on the controls without the AC going on and decreasing the power on tap.

7. You can change the defaut sensitivty of the of the carbon filter from 0 to 3(most sensitive) to turn from fresh air to recirculate. This is in the manual...while the car is running and in park, press and hold down the auto/fresh/auto button until a number pops up in the AC display. Use the AC temperature control button to move it up from 0, 1, 2 or 3.

8. Open the trunk manually with key and the trunk light will not turn on, use the trunk remote on key and the trunk light turns on.

9. To turn of your headlights at night, hit the lock button twice on the remote

10. The last is C-best settings. You can change many things around here by the computer the dealership uses. For instance, I had changed the feature that will allow me to press the unlock key on the remote only once to open all the doors not just the driver door.
See attachment for settings:

For 2001 and up owners see this website for a list of Cbest setting that fits your car:
http://members.bbnow.net/txalec/
Thats good stuff Drew thx!
Old 06-10-13, 08:48 PM
Briannyc
Banned Created Multiple Accounts

This just makes owning my Gs worth it even more.
Old 06-11-13, 05:16 PM
milehigh32
Driver School Candidate

this is a god thread i didn't even know my windows could go up an own with remote
Old 06-18-13, 03:34 PM
Briannyc
Banned Created Multiple Accounts

Does anyone know if the 01 stock pioneer head unit have the EQ feature?
Old 06-29-13, 11:34 PM
bigmike214
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if it was answered but the un lock button for the windows dont work
Old 07-14-13, 03:23 AM
TG3HUNNA
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, this is very helpful.
Old 08-14-13, 07:09 PM
Daveo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Briannyc
Does anyone know if the 01 stock pioneer head unit have the EQ feature?
Me and my wife are looking to get a new lexus this might be the one
Old 09-09-13, 10:42 AM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I bought my 2001 GS months ago, but it didn't come with its factory remote key instead it was two black keys with no buttons. Yesterday I saw this lady unlock and locked her GS with the key to the door, and the car's turn signals flashed. Mines doesn't do that, is it possible that can have my lights signals flash with the c-best setting?
Old 09-09-13, 10:56 AM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Does anyone understand this one? Which lock?

5. When giving the car to a valet, you can insert the key into the lock and lock it. But you can also lock it without the key. Just push the lock in and the trunk locks itself. To unlock it you would need to use the key
My mom and dad's 08 ES350 does this as well. I wish you could set it up to push for 5 sec and it starts to roll down and go all the way down without holding the button the whole time.

1. Hold the unlock button down for more than 5 seconds and it opens up all the windows and sunroof. This can also be accomplished by putting the key in the keylock and turning the key to the right and holding it there for about 5 seconds to open all windows and left to close all windows and sunroof.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cool "hidden" features about the GS that are not very known