GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My car gets out of the shop tommorow, looking for a way to 'make up' with it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-03, 05:12 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking My car gets out of the shop tommorow, looking for a way to 'make up' with it!

Well my GS4 got backed into by a newish 4x4 F150 in a parking garage a little over a week ago. It should be finished tommorow and I want to buy a few mods to help make myself and the car () feel like we came out ahead in the long run.

First of all I plan on buying the full Tom's chassis bracing setup - front and rear lower chassis braces, front and rear strut tower braces, and maybe the 6-piece suspension brace kit if I can finally figure out what I would gain from that part. After that I plan on installing an XM satellite radio, shampooing the carpets and truck completely, and installing a good layer of sound deadening material in all four doors and possibly the floorboard. I'll top things off with a nice synthetic Mobil 1 oil change with Mobil 1 filter.

Do you think this will be enough to get my car to love me again?

I see this as kind of like the day after you pissed off your wife- bringing her home some flowers and taking her to a massage parlor.
Old 06-09-03, 05:20 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

You better sleep with your car tonite........
Old 06-09-03, 06:44 PM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My car gets out of the shop tommorow, looking for a way to 'make up' with it!

Originally posted by Threxx
Well my GS4 got backed into by a newish 4x4 F150 in a parking garage a little over a week ago. It should be finished tommorow and I want to buy a few mods to help make myself and the car () feel like we came out ahead in the long run.

First of all I plan on buying the full Tom's chassis bracing setup - front and rear lower chassis braces, front and rear strut tower braces, and maybe the 6-piece suspension brace kit if I can finally figure out what I would gain from that part. After that I plan on installing an XM satellite radio, shampooing the carpets and truck completely, and installing a good layer of sound deadening material in all four doors and possibly the floorboard. I'll top things off with a nice synthetic Mobil 1 oil change with Mobil 1 filter.

Do you think this will be enough to get my car to love me again?

I see this as kind of like the day after you pissed off your wife- bringing her home some flowers and taking her to a massage parlor.
Sounds like you're planning to spend enough dough to BUY the flower shop!
Old 06-10-03, 06:01 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can spring for the 6 piece links do it.

I can tell the difference immediately when they were first installed on the car.

Out of the 6 pieces that will be installed. You will only replace 2 links that are oem and made of very flimsy almost bendable metal. The other 4 links do not have oem replacements. Therefore, by putting these 4 links in you have now reinforced the rear setup even more and way over stock.

I have put most of my parts in during various stages, instead of putting everything in at the same time. So, I know what works and what doesn't. Most of the TOMS suspension parts are designed to work with one another, so putting the rear chassis brace in is good but is optimized by the 6-piece links and visa vera.
Dont forget to install the Rear TOMS stb to complete the setup.

Last edited by DrewGS4; 06-10-03 at 06:02 AM.
Old 06-10-03, 06:09 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally posted by DrewGS4
If you can spring for the 6 piece links do it.

I can tell the difference immediately when they were first installed on the car.

Out of the 6 pieces that will be installed. You will only replace 2 links that are oem and made of very flimsy almost bendable metal. The other 4 links do not have oem replacements. Therefore, by putting these 4 links in you have now reinforced the rear setup even more and way over stock.

I have put most of my parts in during various stages, instead of putting everything in at the same time. So, I know what works and what doesn't. Most of the TOMS suspension parts are designed to work with one another, so putting the rear chassis brace in is good but is optimized by the 6-piece links and visa vera.
Dont forget to install the Rear TOMS stb to complete the setup.
Thanks Drew for this insight! I was never fully convinced of the benefit of this mod. Yours is the third comment I have read regarding this subject and I am finally convinced of this now! My mod for July will be this instead of the K&N Intake.
Old 06-10-03, 01:22 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

it sounds like a plan, i'm sure u'r car will b happy with he new accesories....and u will b too...