GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New to it gs430

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-17, 11:16 PM
Jrok430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to it gs430

Hey fellas anybody up to lend an opinion....
Just bought an 03 430 ran like top then went to start one day nothing but a whirrin sound now mind you I have no past experience in automotive I'm a carpenter and my father well your guess as good as mine lol but that's another story back to my b#tch so I uses yourforum and ran a trouble shoot on it weighed out all options but the STARTER!!
And with the $$tag on having a mechanic fix it well that ain't happenin so I now remember having no experience and only a few hand tools put in my heart I was gonna do it besides I love this car might as well skip the slow dance and get wrist deep in her and did I ever no one andi repeat NO ONe too call for advice I proceeded to use this page to seek info and it helped I removed what I had to most parts I don't even know the name of so Google was a real ***** to use I thought I was smart taking photos along with the exclusion of knowing what I was photographing long story short a ended up with a ton of pics of air filter and its plastic associates and a pic of starter she finally visible skip 3 days new starter is here and I don't remember where anything goes smh if only I had token pic ....wait I did but what's this nothing but bullsh#t I'd be better off looking for my father in those photos than finding anything useful but that's water under the bridge I can figure out almost anything I've noticed so I put down the time and got her completed to my suorise she didn't come with extra bolts and besides a couple plastic clip went right back together andqould you believe I sat that battery down in there and when I hut that key me and baby girl were back to speaking I would like to say mission accomplishedbut I just want any advice on what to look for in case I made a mistake somewhere which seems to be a reoccurring issue in my life

lights.running issues any advice is greatly appreciated I'm wetvbehind the ears on this because I understand how motors work and I'm a broke *** whiteboy wit 3 kids so I ain't owned much cars and as for as my child hood ....when my dad dissapeared so did the car lol thanks to anyone that has advice
Old 03-05-17, 01:37 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey fellas anybody up to lend an opinion....
Just bought an 03 430 ran like top, then went to start one day. Nothing but a whirring sound. Now mind you, I have no past experience in automotive. I'm a carpenter and my father, well your guess as good as mine lol. But that's another story. Back to my b#tch. So I used your forum and ran a trouble shoot on it. I weighed out all options but the STARTER!!

And with the $$tag on having a mechanic fix it well that ain't happenin. So I now remember having no experience and only a few hand tools put in my heart I was gonna do it. Besides I love this car. Might as well skip the slow dance and get wrist deep in her, and did I ever. No one and I repeat NO ONE to call for advice. I proceeded to use this page to seek info and it helped.

I removed what I had to most parts. I don't even know the name of so Google was a real ***** to use. I thought I was smart taking photos along with the exclusion of knowing what I was photographing. Long story short a ended up with a ton of pics of air filter, it's plastic associates, and a pic of starter. She finally visible. Skip 3 days.. new starter is here.

I don't remember where anything goes smh, if only I had token pic ....wait I did.. but what's this nothing but bullsh#t. I'd be better off looking for my father in those photos than finding anything useful, but that's water under the bridge.
I can figure out almost anything I've noticed, so I put down the time and got her completed

To my surprise she didn't come with extra bolts and besides a couple plastic clips. It went right back together and would you believe I sat that battery down in there. When I hit that key me and baby girl were back to speaking. I would like to say mission accomplished, but I just want any advice on what to look for in case I made a mistake somewhere, which seems to be a reoccurring issue in my life.

lights.running issues any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm wet behind the ears on this because I understand how motors work and I'm a broke *** whiteboy wit 3 kids so I ain't owned much cars and as for as my child hood ....when my dad dissapeared so did the car lol thanks to anyone that has advice
The following 2 users liked this post by EN_VY:
FrankT (03-06-17), tiguy99 (03-07-17)
Old 03-05-17, 01:39 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rewrote so it's easier to understand. So you replaced the starter? Welcome aboard, GS430s are nice, treat her right and she'll treat you right.

Got pics of completed job?
Old 03-05-17, 10:33 AM
Jrok430
Driver School Candidate

Default Any advice on what to look for I case I made a mistake somewhere

Intro
Reavel
Prep
Completed im hopeing
Old 03-05-17, 11:04 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

wait......what
Old 03-05-17, 11:32 AM
burteboy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default picture

According to the picture you posted whit you plenum off, its antifreeze you r looking at.Hope you clean there before reassembling. You should pay keen attention where the antifreeze came from, and keep monotoring your coolant level.
Old 03-05-17, 03:34 PM
Jrok430
Driver School Candidate

Default Coolant has always been good

Originally Posted by burteboy
According to the picture you posted whit you plenum off, its antifreeze you r looking at.Hope you clean there before reassembling. You should pay keen attention where the antifreeze came from, and keep monotoring your coolant level.
ive only had car for a couple weeks then the starter went out I'm wondering if intake gasket was bad previously and would that be a reason for timing t be out of adjustment I drove around for an hr it never got hot or had any leaks but seems a lil rough on acceleration rough being minor but noticeable to me also I replaced all gasket now
Old 03-05-17, 03:40 PM
Jrok430
Driver School Candidate

Sorry here it is now ....disregard other photo
Old 03-05-17, 03:44 PM
Jrok430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
wait......what
sure be a lot to say again could you be more specific on what it is your reffering to
Old 03-06-17, 08:59 AM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

He's saying it was really hard to read your original post. You have no periods, commas, or anything. It was like one long sentence and you went off on a tangent 2 or 3 times about your dad or childhood. Keep it concise and don't forget proper punctuation. We can help if you make it easier on us to do so. GL and welcome to the club.
Old 03-06-17, 12:40 PM
Jrok430
Driver School Candidate

Default My apologize

Thank you and yes I can see where my post gets a lil confusing and I will try to keep it short and sweet next time...

Also car seems to be completed correctly. According to mechanic who performed diagnostic last night . I Had one code come up. It was po345. if i remember correctly .
Cam shaft position sensor A bank 2. I did some research online and discovered I had never plugged this specific sensor back in.
I located on passenger side off to the right of battery and got it connected now .so I've gotta do a lil test drive today.
The man gave me a few pointers on ways to get computer back in bussines and checking to see if this was the problem ..once again my bad on dragging out my sentences and rambling on guess I was a lil to excited about the whole process.I'm really trying to use correct punctuation and don't mean to sound confusing . I want to say thanks for letting me be in your group . and have a nice day my friends