GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

98-05 GS300/Aristo 2jzgte swap, 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-16, 12:31 PM
Toughtruck
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Post 98-05 GS300/Aristo 2jzgte swap, 6 speed

Greetings Guys,

It's a bit of a challenge to go through, and find everything in one thread so I'm considering doing a write up for anyone who desires to know about whats needed, required, recommended for the 98-05 GS300 Aristo swap with the 2jzgte engine. I can do a write up of everything used in my build. From the initial engine swap, fuel rail, injectors, fuel pump, wastegate, blow off valve, auto tranny to 6 speed swap, vvti to non vvti. I'm not on here often, but if you have any questions comment, or PM me. If you want to see any videos, or pictures check them out on Instagram: OGOD91

Below I'll be listing modifications made, and those required with the swap. I got my swap as a package initially, engine, tranny, ecu, uncut harness, also the drive shaft. Which I will mention I believe the drive shaft that was sent was for a Supra, and not the Aristo, though I ordered for the Aristo. It is good to have an idea of where you want to take your build before throwing the engine in the bay, high, medium, or stock horsepower. The stock twins from what I heard can be a pain to remove after installing engine in the car. I would be open to doing this swap for others, the car would need to be shipped/delivered, and all parts paid for upfront.

Pre swap: Converted from stock twins to big single. Removed: Front Bumper, Condenser, Bumper Reinforcer, this will provide ultimate clearance for removing the GE engine, and putting the GTE engine in.

Needed Prior, or at time of the swap.
Aristo ECU
Aristo Fuel Pump Hanger
Aristo Drive Shaft, or Supra/Aristo Drive Shaft Coupler
New Oil/Oil Filter
New Spark Plugs
New Transmission Fluid
6-7ft of 5/16 Fuel Line for Fuel Send/Return
2JZGTE Throttle Cable

Engine Swap: Everything is a direct plug-n-play. You will need the Aristo ECU. Will need a relocation of your power steering canister, you can remove the old one from the GE engine, and create a mount on the driver's side of the engine bay. You will need to order an Aristo Drive Shaft, or obtain a Supra/Aristo Drive Shafter Coupler (Pictures to come). One tricky piece is getting a top/front radiator hose that fits the dimensions, as the hose no longer comes straight across, but it crosses from the driver side of the bay to the passengers side, I picked up a radiator hose from the local parts store, and trimmed it down. If you stay stock twins you won't need to worry about clocking your turbo, but if you go single you'll want to clock the turbo down as far as possible, it's a pain once the engine is inside the car. You will need about a 4ft piece of insulated copper wire, which will run from your igniter to the grey body plug connecter in your ecu box (Details to come). This is important so the shift lock mechanism works properly, also to get the tachometer to work, and removes other dash lights that will come on. Unless the 2jzgte swap engine you bought came with good engine mounts, you can swap out the mounts on your GE engine as well. Be sure to plug all connectors into their appropriate places. There is a way to retrieve trouble codes.

Engine:
14mm Fuel Injector Clinic Fuel Rail
14mm Injector Dynamics Injectors
Borg Warner s366 Turbo, .91A/R, Twin Scroll
Twin Scroll Turbo Header
Tial Blow off Valve
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Fluidampr Crankshaft Pulley
VVTi to Non VVTi Intake Manifold

Engine Management
AEM Infinity

Fuel System
Aristo Fuel Pump Hanger
AEM320lph Fuel Pump
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator

Drivetrain (Auto, then to 6 speed)
6 speed 350z/g35 cd009 transmission
Stage 5 Clutch
Custom Drive Shaft by Collins
Adaption Kit by Collins
SC300 Brake/Clutch Pedals

Exhaust
3" Turbo back to dual mufflers

Suspension/Brakes
Supra Twin Turbo Brake Calipers/Rotors (Requires a 17", or bigger wheel, with a positive offset to clear these calipers)
Hawk Brake Pads
Stock Rear Calipers/Rotors
Tein Coilovers

Wheels/Tires
IS350C 18" Wheels
Nitto Motivos
Attached Thumbnails 98-05 GS300/Aristo 2jzgte swap, 6 speed-img_4967.jpg   98-05 GS300/Aristo 2jzgte swap, 6 speed-img_5032.jpg  

Last edited by Toughtruck; 12-22-16 at 03:02 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Toughtruck:
ibjamin01 (12-30-17), ksultan78 (12-13-16)
Old 12-11-16, 11:03 PM
step2me
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Swap

what year is your gs
Old 12-11-16, 11:05 PM
Toughtruck
Rookie

Originally Posted by step2me
what year is your gs
It is a '99
Old 12-12-16, 07:15 AM
JamieS29
Driver School Candidate

Beautiful GS, love that color! Looked for one that color at the time of purchase but had no luck.
Old 12-12-16, 07:26 AM
Toughtruck
Rookie

Originally Posted by JamieS29
Beautiful GS, love that color! Looked for one that color at the time of purchase but had no luck.
Thanks! It is beginning to be a rare find, but definitely a one of a kind. I'll try to get around to listing Mods soon enough.
Attached Files
Old 12-13-16, 09:39 AM
2JZS161
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any details on the auto to 6 speed swap?
Old 12-14-16, 01:36 PM
bullhog
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Aristo swap

Originally Posted by Toughtruck
Greetings Guys,

It's a bit of a challenge to go through, and find everything in one thread so I'm considering doing a write up for anyone who desires to know about whats needed, required, recommended for the 98-05 GS300 Aristo swap with the 2jzgte engine. I can do a write up of everything used in my build. From the initial engine swap, fuel rail, injectors, fuel pump, wastegate, blow off valve, auto tranny to 6 speed swap, vvti to non vvti. I'm not on here often, but if you have any questions comment, or PM me. If you want to see any videos, or pictures check them out on Instagram: OGOD91
Looking forward to reading this build, can't wait, TIA
Old 12-14-16, 01:38 PM
bullhog
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bullhog
How many miles on your '99 when you started it? Also miles on Aristo engine?
Old 12-14-16, 06:21 PM
Toughtruck
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2JZS161
Any details on the auto to 6 speed swap?
I'll look to include them once I write everything up. Anything in particular you're looking for?
Old 12-14-16, 06:23 PM
Toughtruck
Rookie

How many miles on your '99 when you started it? Also miles on Aristo engine?
Miles on the body when swapped approximately 265,000 miles. Miles on the 2jzgte swap approximately 55,000 miles.
Old 12-15-16, 03:58 PM
JoshDray
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm really keen to see a write up of auto to 6 speed! Are you using an altezza 6 speed? Things i wanna see are like clutch pedal mounting, handbrake relocation etc

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-15-16, 10:14 PM
Toughtruck
Rookie

Originally Posted by JoshDray
I'm really keen to see a write up of auto to 6 speed! Are you using an altezza 6 speed? Things i wanna see are like clutch pedal mounting, handbrake relocation etc

Thanks in advance!
Its actually the cd009 6 speed transmission from a 350z/g35. I'll try to get some photos of the pedals. There was no handbrake/ebrake relocation involved, the ebrake is still the pedal on the far left side in the footwell.
Old 12-21-16, 08:10 PM
Toughtruck
Rookie

Just posted a brief summary.
Old 04-17-19, 12:20 AM
Tapatiofin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte swap

[QUOTE=Toughtruck;9704072]Greetings Guys,

Below I'll be listing modifications made, and those required with the swap. I got my swap as a package initially, engine, tranny, ecu, uncut harness, also the drive shaft. Which I will mention I believe the drive shaft that was sent was for a Supra, and not the Aristo, though I ordered for the Aristo. It is good to have an idea of where you want to take your build before throwing the engine in the bay, high, medium, or stock horsepower. The stock twins from what I heard can be a pain to remove after installing engine in the car. I would be open to doing this swap for others, the car would need to be shipped/delivered, and all parts paid for upfront.

Pre swap: Converted from stock twins to big single. Removed: Front Bumper, Condenser, Bumper Reinforcer, this will provide ultimate clearance for removing the GE engine, and putting the GTE engine in.

Needed Prior, or at time of the swap.
Aristo ECU
Aristo Fuel Pump Hanger
Aristo Drive Shaft, or Supra/Aristo Drive Shaft Coupler
New Oil/Oil Filter
New Spark Plugs
New Transmission Fluid
6-7ft of 5/16 Fuel Line for Fuel Send/Return
2JZGTE Throttle Cable

Engine Swap: Everything is a direct plug-n-play. You will need the Aristo ECU. Will need a relocation of your power steering canister, you can remove the old one from the GE engine, and create a mount on the driver's side of the engine bay. You will need to order an Aristo Drive Shaft, or obtain a Supra/Aristo Drive Shafter Coupler (Pictures to come). One tricky piece is getting a top/front radiator hose that fits the dimensions, as the hose no longer comes straight across, but it crosses from the driver side of the bay to the passengers side, I picked up a radiator hose from the local parts store, and trimmed it down. If you stay stock twins you won't need to worry about clocking your turbo, but if you go single you'll want to clock the turbo down as far as possible, it's a pain once the engine is inside the car. You will need about a 4ft piece of insulated copper wire, which will run from your igniter to the grey body plug connecter in your ecu box (Details to come). This is important so the shift lock mechanism works properly, also to get the tachometer to work, and removes other dash lights that will come on. Unless the 2jzgte swap engine you bought came with good engine mounts, you can swap out the mounts on your GE engine as well. Be sure to plug all connectors into their appropriate places. There is a way to retrieve trouble codes.

Engine:
14mm Fuel Injector Clinic Fuel Rail
14mm Injector Dynamics Injectors
Borg Warner s366 Turbo, .91A/R, Twin Scroll
Twin Scroll Turbo Header
Tial Blow off Valve
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Fluidampr Crankshaft Pulley
VVTi to Non VVTi Intake Manifold

Engine Management
AEM Infinity

Fuel System
Aristo Fuel Pump Hanger
AEM320lph Fuel Pump
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator

Drivetrain (Auto, then to 6 speed)
6 speed 350z/g35 cd009 transmission
Stage 5 Clutch
Custom Drive Shaft by Collins
Adaption Kit by Collins
SC300 Brake/Clutch Pedals

Exhaust
3" Turbo back to dual mufflers

Suspension/Brakes
Supra Twin Turbo Brake Calipers/Rotors (Requires a 17", or bigger wheel, with a positive offset to clear these calipers)
Hawk Brake Pads
Stock Rear Calipers/Rotors
Tein Coilovers

Wheels/Tires
IS350C 18" Wheels
Nitto Motivos[/QU.
I have future plans of doing a 2jzgte swap i currently have a 2jzge on my 2000 gs300 ..im afraid that it wont pass the smog if i do the swap though.. Is there a way i can make this work here in California
Old 04-17-19, 07:02 AM
accrdpusha
Driver School Candidate

Can't wait to read more about the 6 speed conversion. I am seriously thinking about doing it.

Quick Reply: 98-05 GS300/Aristo 2jzgte swap, 6 speed