GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Got rear ended!!!

Old 05-26-16, 11:32 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got rear ended!!!

What do you guys think..

Last edited by GSJake; 05-26-16 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-26-16, 11:43 AM
lexo98
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 226 Posts

Damn bro! Sucks to see that. Hope your ok. Hope you didn't like that rear bumper too much
Old 05-26-16, 11:45 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Poor L-Sportline rear bumper

also with that crack in the car above the drivers side taillight, i would say she is total

you ok Jake? n im jealous i wish someone would rear end my GS
Old 05-26-16, 11:46 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexo98
Damn bro! Sucks to see that. Hope your ok. Hope you didn't like that rear bumper too much
Thank you.
I LOVED that rear bumper.
Old 05-26-16, 11:50 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
Poor L-Sportline rear bumper

also with that crack in the car above the drivers side taillight, i would say she is total

you ok Jake?
I am okay Brian. Thank you for the concern. It happened this morning so I hope I dont wake up tomorrow stiff.

I am also concerned about the crack.. plus the rear trunk is all pushed in by the spare. I have not had a change too look under it.

You think they will total it Brian>?

You dont want that to happen.. all the hard work we put into these GS's Brian.. I bet payout on this car is like 8K.. If I am lucky.
Old 05-26-16, 07:36 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 226 Posts

I was rear ended (in my car) haha. Woke up sore the next day and it was at low speed.
Old 05-26-16, 08:05 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad your ok man. This is why I'm always driving paranoid in LA traffic, too much money invested in the front and rear of the car.
I see you jumped on that L-sportline rear bumper in the classifieds, if I didn't already have mine I would've jumped on it myself. Surprised it's still available.
Old 05-26-16, 08:56 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Ouch! Glad you're OK, Jake!
Old 05-27-16, 06:47 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by clos430
Glad your ok man. This is why I'm always driving paranoid in LA traffic, too much money invested in the front and rear of the car.
I see you jumped on that L-sportline rear bumper in the classifieds, if I didn't already have mine I would've jumped on it myself. Surprised it's still available.
Haha. Yes I agree.. in any traffic.. sadly. Like you I am very glad it did not happen to the front as the Sport Design Q45 retro would be a tad harder to replace then the factory tails.

Speaking on the L-sportline bumper.. I am trying to get a hold of Autobot. but so far my efforts have been fruitless.
I really hope he has it..

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Ouch! Glad you're OK, Jake!
Thank you my friend.. no one was injured.. so that is the most important.
Maybe its time to see you on one of those GS-F's..

IF I cant source the L-sportiline bumper.. what do you guys think will look good with the rest of the kit?
Old 05-27-16, 06:55 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Sorry to see this happen. Mine got hit a couple of years ago also but nothing happened to the trunk lid. In my case the bumper cover and taillights were damaged. Also the back panel holding the taillight and trunk latch got pushed toward the front of the car about an inch or two. The trunk floor had very slight buckling near the back seam. The worst part was that the drivers side quarter panel got pushed forward about 1/4-1/2 inch so that the door gap at the quarter panel reduced about a quarter inch. I got hit by a full-size Ford pick-up.

The insurance wanted to write off the car because they were not willing to take the chance to find out if there was more damage that would show up after they try and repair the car. Your car looks worse than mine did so unfortunately I suspect yours might be a write off.

On the flip side, I argued with the insurance showing them that other than the rear-end damage my car was in exceptional condition for its age. I was not willing to accept their offer so finally we agreed that they would cash me out and I could buy back the car as long as they agree not to brand the car salvage. They simply put the car as not worth repairing because of the age and market value. I was able to fix up the car and still make about 1K on the deal in the end. Of course I did a lot of the grunt work myself. I had a reputable body shop pull the panels straight again and luckily they did not have to do any repaint on them. I only had to get a new bumper and taillights (all used). Hope you get lucky enough to get yours back on the road also...
Old 05-27-16, 07:12 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i hate people. end thread
Old 05-27-16, 07:30 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

newgsman:

Thank you for your input on this.

Its at the body shop now. The guy I go to says its not a loss. He said he can get the whole rear section by the spare and replace what is needed.

The adjuster from her insurance will be there to see what he thinks.

If they do decide to total it.. I will try to negotiate it back like you did!
Old 05-27-16, 07:31 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dreamcar88
i hate people. end thread
Oh I was very frustrated. Then I noticed she had a little guy maybe 5 in the back.. so I had to mellow out and be cool as he was already shook up.
Old 05-28-16, 08:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by GSJake
I am okay Brian. Thank you for the concern. It happened this morning so I hope I dont wake up tomorrow stiff.

I am also concerned about the crack.. plus the rear trunk is all pushed in by the spare. I have not had a change too look under it.

You think they will total it Brian>?

You dont want that to happen.. all the hard work we put into these GS's Brian.. I bet payout on this car is like 8K.. If I am lucky.
yes i do think they will total it.... oh your incorrect, i DO hope someone totals mine. i still have full coverage plus $10k worth of insurance on it. I DEF want someone to total mine

Originally Posted by GSJake
Speaking on the L-sportline bumper.. I am trying to get a hold of Autobot. but so far my efforts have been fruitless. I really hope he has it..
after they total it, i will sell you my L-sportline bumper (comes with a free car attached)
Old 05-29-16, 01:18 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to see that!! At least noone was hurt and hopefully your body shop and insurance take good care of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got rear ended!!!