GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Replced my starter now my car is acting funny.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-16, 08:56 PM
daddyduke
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replced my starter now my car is acting funny.

I just did this two weeks ago and my car wont idle past 2000 I replaced everything from the starter to the the lower intake manifold gaskets and a new maf sensor.
At first I thought It was my fuel injector o ring because they started leaking so I changed the whole driver side injector o rings.Then I ordered a new pcv hose
And a intake breather hose and a new battery and still not right.
So that leaves me to think It might be a clogged catalytic because I did spill coolant from the back pipes where the starter Is.The crazy part is im not getting any check lights.The car will start and when i step on the gas pedal It sound like its choking and bogging and my rpm drop or tge car just flat out stalls on me.This is frustrating because this my only car.I appreciate any help.I also sprayed break cleaner with the engine running and my rpms are the same.Im getting a throttle body gasket via rock auto.
Old 04-26-16, 10:04 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

First, Why you use a break cleaner on the throttle body? NO, NO Bueno for the TB...Bad, Bad... That break cleaner enters on the small gaps that have the TB and damage the sensors. You have to use TB cleaner and NOT a Break Cleaner.... Break Cleaner in fir Break only. Also, if you use that break cleaner from the front or before of the maf sensor you also damage that maf sensor.
Second, check you air hose In your intake manifold area. But I close of 100% that you damage one of the TB sensor if not all the sensor.
I hope is you TB gasket and not yhr sensors. Good luck.
Old 04-26-16, 10:16 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Also, maybe is your mid cat because you said; So that leaves me to think It might be a clogged catalytic because I did spill coolant from the back pipes where the starter. That NOT was my case but look what happen when my mid pipe or "Y" pipe go clogged. If you can go to any muffer shop and the guy there can check that mid pipe if is clogged or not. If it, just cut and add a pipe on it.
Old 04-26-16, 10:17 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Replced my starter now my car is acting funny.-20151227_111850_e88f805d06083714927540a186ae62c3d7a3ca23.jpeg

Mid or Y pipe

Replced my starter now my car is acting funny.-20151227_111855_ba85ac17f00c7f00d4789f690b20f79b11b5120b.jpeg

All the crap that coming out. Was clogged
Old 04-28-16, 09:38 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcon
First, Why you use a break cleaner on the throttle body? NO, NO Bueno for the TB...Bad, Bad... That break cleaner enters on the small gaps that have the TB and damage the sensors. You have to use TB cleaner and NOT a Break Cleaner.... Break Cleaner in fir Break only. Also, if you use that break cleaner from the front or before of the maf sensor you also damage that maf sensor.
Second, check you air hose In your intake manifold area. But I close of 100% that you damage one of the TB sensor if not all the sensor.
I hope is you TB gasket and not yhr sensors. Good luck.
*brake *brake*brake*brake*brake*brake
Old 04-28-16, 03:04 PM
daddyduke
Pit Crew

so today I got a new throttle body and the a new throttle body gasket. Still no go,Idk what's up with my engine. I also use 91 I change oil every 3k with mobile one extended new coolant last month. I'm very upset no check
Light. I think I'm going to check it with a scanner anyways.and I only have 140k on the engine.
Old 04-28-16, 03:07 PM
daddyduke
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by daddyduke
so today I got a new throttle body and the a new throttle body gasket. Still no go,Idk what's up with my engine. I also use 91 I change oil every 3k with mobile one extended new coolant last month. I'm very upset no check
Light. I think I'm going to check it with a scanner anyways.and I only have 140k on the engine.
and is something magical about pulling the intake off I no I put on right and did a tourqe sequence I'm going crazy.
Old 04-28-16, 03:51 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
*brake *brake*brake*brake*brake*brake
sakataj,

This happen when I use to much my smart phone and when I click on the submit button, change all my words. Is also a grand new smart phone. Yeaaaa, very smart phone. LOL
Old 04-28-16, 04:02 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by daddyduke
and is something magical about pulling the intake off I no I put on right and did a tourqe sequence I'm going crazy.
daddyduke,

Where you brought that TB? Was a used one or a completely new, as you say? Because, if it was used, it could also be damage
Old 04-28-16, 04:30 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

daddyduke,

Also, you can take out your Y pipe to see if is clogged? Check that also please.
Old 04-28-16, 05:18 PM
daddyduke
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mcon
daddyduke,

Also, you can take out your Y pipe to see if is clogged? Check that also please.
I got the tb from carson Toyota
Old 04-28-16, 06:07 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

This the Y pipe or mid pipe like people say.

[I]This is all the crap that coming out when I pull out the Y pipe. The small cat was completely clogged. I got another used with low mileage and install including the exhaust manifold with the two cat. From the way you describe in your first post, that accidentally you spilled coolant inside the exhaust manifold. I can think that maybe the coolant that go inside of you exhaust, caused the material that is inside the cat broke into pieces and your cat is clogged right now. It is for this rason that you have the problem with your rpm. One of your cat in you manifold or the small cat is clogged right now.

This is a new Y pipe. You can see an example of where to loose the screws, so you can remove the Y pipe from your exhaust system. Good luck and GBU.
Old 04-28-16, 06:15 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

daddyduke,

Call this people tomorrow TLS 1-877- 247-1717. These people are in California and has all sorts of GS for parts with a one year warranty on their used parts. I bought them before and they respond very well.
Old 04-28-16, 06:33 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Take that Y pipe or mid pipe to a muffler shop ( because you can't drive your car) and ask to the muffer shop guy if he can check your Y pipe because your think that had been clogged. If that is your case and to save money. Tell to the muffer guy to cut that small cat and add a pipe and you are ready to go. Put back on the car I hope that help U with your issue of rpm. Again, good luck.
Old 04-29-16, 09:42 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

daddyduke,

Any update why your car?

Quick Reply: Replced my starter now my car is acting funny.