GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Lock Unlocks when I try to lock and locks when I double tap unlock.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-16, 02:02 PM
Foob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door Lock Unlocks when I try to lock and locks when I double tap unlock.

I got my door lock actuator rebuild a while ago, but took too long for me to install so Ive got no warranty. Anyone have any idea why the lock does this? Could it be that the motor is upside down or something? Any help is extremely appreciated!
Old 04-19-16, 02:45 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 227 Posts

Sounds like they used the wrong motor.
Old 04-20-16, 05:22 AM
Foob
Driver

Thanks for a response, but the one I bought, the rebuilder has a lot of experience when it comes to rebuilding door lock actuators for our cars. He uses the same motor for several of the rebuilds he has done, and it seems like they work just fine. Is it possible to reverse the wires?
Old 04-20-16, 06:29 PM
kowala
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the issue is that one of your locks is still not functioning properly or in order words, you still have a broken actuator. Our cars will not lock and unlock properly if one of the actuators is out. For example, If you have just one broken actuator and hit the lock button, it'll attempt to lock all doors and then you'll hear it do it again on it's own (without a beep). This is because the car can recognize there's a broken actuator. When the car beeps that means it has successfully locked all doors. I do find it strange that it locks when you hit unlock, but maybe you're just getting it confused with the door actuator being broken and not actually locking itself? This is a bit confusing but maybe some more information would help. How many actuators were broken and which ones?
Old 04-20-16, 07:22 PM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Kowala is correct, rotational gear direction cannot be reversed by 180 degrees when positioned wrong horizontally, flipped left or right.

Rotational gear direction can how ever be reversed by 180 degrees (clockwise to counter clockwise) when positioned wrong vertically, flipped up or down.

The second statement does not apply in this case, as the lock motors are only positioned one way inside each door.

I read through many pages right now, and it turns out many places sell fake FC-280PC-22125 motors.

It can only be that it is the wrong motor, and you should not have to switch the polarity by cutting the wires to have to make it work.

I have an extra whole assembly from a rear passenger door if you want it, it is verified to work, I just don't need it.

Last edited by GS400V8; 04-20-16 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-21-16, 03:39 PM
Foob
Driver

Originally Posted by kowala
I think the issue is that one of your locks is still not functioning properly or in order words, you still have a broken actuator. Our cars will not lock and unlock properly if one of the actuators is out. For example, If you have just one broken actuator and hit the lock button, it'll attempt to lock all doors and then you'll hear it do it again on it's own (without a beep). This is because the car can recognize there's a broken actuator. When the car beeps that means it has successfully locked all doors. I do find it strange that it locks when you hit unlock, but maybe you're just getting it confused with the door actuator being broken and not actually locking itself? This is a bit confusing but maybe some more information would help. How many actuators were broken and which ones?
Just one door lock actuator was broken. The front (right) passenger so I figured something out, Seems when I
Have double tapped the unlock button on the key fob, as in the rear doors are unlocked as well and tap the lock button once the car beeps once and tries to lock all the doors, but the passenger locks and unlocks (the reversing I am referring to) so after that all the doors are locked, except the front passenger, and if I open that door the alarm doesn't set off.
Old 04-21-16, 03:40 PM
Foob
Driver

Originally Posted by GS400V8
Kowala is correct, rotational gear direction cannot be reversed by 180 degrees when positioned wrong horizontally, flipped left or right.

Rotational gear direction can how ever be reversed by 180 degrees (clockwise to counter clockwise) when positioned wrong vertically, flipped up or down.

The second statement does not apply in this case, as the lock motors are only positioned one way inside each door.

I read through many pages right now, and it turns out many places sell fake FC-280PC-22125 motors.

It can only be that it is the wrong motor, and you should not have to switch the polarity by cutting the wires to have to make it work.

I have an extra whole assembly from a rear passenger door if you want it, it is verified to work, I just don't need it.
Fake motor? I would need a front passenger side door lock assembly.
Old 04-21-16, 05:52 PM
ksultan78
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the lock you fixed the lock that is not locking when you press your lock button on your key fob? If so, pull it back apart and make sure the actuator is place in correctly. I have fixed every door on my lexus and sometimes I had to pull the actuator back apart to make sure the contacts on the motor were making proper connection with the lead in the actual casing.

if its not the same lock that fails to lock when the key fob is pressed, then you know you have another door to fix.
Old 04-21-16, 10:24 PM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes, they sell fake motors with either reverse wound polarities or reversed contacts.

Even though I have the rear passenger, I can cut the motor out of the assembly for you. It sounds like that has been done to your front lock assembly anyways, so you just swap them.

Last edited by GS400V8; 04-22-16 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-22-16, 11:03 AM
LexusK
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Would you guys buy these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/69130-30110-...pVenQE&vxp=mtr