GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Advise please

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-16, 07:12 PM
mexguy89
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Advise please

This morning I brought my 99 GS300 into SEARS for alignment since they have done always a good service for me when it come to tires and alignment. BUT MAN, this time they are really trying to screw me over after they ruin my ignition switch.

My car was running excellent however a few months ago I installed tires at costco. FYI Costco does not do alignments at least the one in my area.

Knowing I'll be spend a few hours at the mall I dropped my car off for an alignment.

Three hours later still no call from sears. I walked over to sears auto and the guy was like "hey I meaning to call you we ran into an issue with you Lexus" the guy walks me over the car at this point my car is on the alignment rack lifted in the air. They ask me to climb on along with one of their mechanics they tell me look.... Your key ignition is no good it only spins. I'm like NO NO NO I have never had any problems from my ignition switch nor from my steering column. what did you guys do? he states. look it broke at the right time in the right place. I'm like now you're blaming this on me, this has nothing to do with me either one of your dumb fu*ks mechanic locked the steering wheel and didn't know how to pull the key off. I responded.

The guy states this has nothing to do with us. I got mad and said look I'm not bring this car home with me I'm going to take a picture of everything and call corporate and your store manager in the morning. This moron really replies I'm also going to call the dealer to find out how much is it going to cost you to fix.

anyone have any advise ? What should I do my car was running excellent without a problem
Old 01-24-16, 07:35 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by mexguy89
This morning I brought my 99 GS300 into SEARS for alignment since they have done always a good service for me when it come to tires and alignment. BUT MAN, this time they are really trying to screw me over after they ruin my ignition switch.

My car was running excellent however a few months ago I installed tires at costco. FYI Costco does not do alignments at least the one in my area.

Knowing I'll be spend a few hours at the mall I dropped my car off for an alignment.

Three hours later still no call from sears. I walked over to sears auto and the guy was like "hey I meaning to call you we ran into an issue with you Lexus" the guy walks me over the car at this point my car is on the alignment rack lifted in the air. They ask me to climb on along with one of their mechanics they tell me look.... Your key ignition is no good it only spins. I'm like NO NO NO I have never had any problems from my ignition switch nor from my steering column. what did you guys do? he states. look it broke at the right time in the right place. I'm like now you're blaming this on me, this has nothing to do with me either one of your dumb fu*ks mechanic locked the steering wheel and didn't know how to pull the key off. I responded.

The guy states this has nothing to do with us. I got mad and said look I'm not bring this car home with me I'm going to take a picture of everything and call corporate and your store manager in the morning. This moron really replies I'm also going to call the dealer to find out how much is it going to cost you to fix.

anyone have any advise ? What should I do my car was running excellent without a problem
Talk to the manager tomorrow and file a claim. No matter which way you look at it you are going to have to wait a minute to get a response. Get a number to their corporate office and get them involved if need be.
Old 01-24-16, 10:14 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I know what your talking about. It's those moments when the steering wheel locks and the key will not turn. All they had to do was wiggle the steering wheel side to side so the key can unlock and start the car. I think almost every car has that safety/anti-theft feature. That mechanic clearly broke it....
Old 01-24-16, 10:29 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

They do things like all the time and most of the time the customer always pays.
Old 01-26-16, 08:57 PM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

If you are in Nor Cal, in the future when you need an alignment, take it to Custom Alignment in Mountain View. These guys are as meticulous as they come.
Old 01-26-16, 09:41 PM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Coming from someone who worked for one of those corporate auto service places, you call their customer service line and file a complaint. You stick to your guns and get all the info you can (store number, manager name, dumbass mechanic if you can) and complain. At least where I worked (Firestone) they always took care of the customer. Don't let them rip you off!