GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rattles from your GS??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-03, 11:59 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattles from your GS??

Well im a bass junkie and i have a bunch of rattle in my car, sounds like squeeking from somewhere in the backseats, but i am pretty sure that it was cuz of all the vibrations caused by my 2 12" subs in the trunk. But i hear that the GS does have some rattling issues. For those of you who have it:

1) Where is it coming from?
2)Has anyone attemped to fix or has fixed the rattles?

-boris
Old 04-12-03, 10:44 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

um.. i notice that it was the stock sub in the trunk getting to much thump b/c of bass from the aftermarket subs.... also it could be seatbelt touching something,had that before...but my best guess is the stock sub... remove it ...some people i know did that but i havent yet, thinking about replacing it with new 8"
Old 04-13-03, 10:16 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

The factory sub is a 10"....... Also I have very little rattling right now but I've been noticing it more amd more since I put 2 subs in the trunk.
Old 04-13-03, 10:40 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

i thought it was a 10 but everyone i spoke to was like its a 8 .... nver really took a look at it just believed everybody elses word. go figure.
Old 04-13-03, 10:42 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

did u use sound deadening? if u did ,did you do everything the whole trunk?
Old 04-13-03, 04:42 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

yea the stock is a 10' i took that out a long time ago. Dont have any sound deadening but it is definately one of the things on my list. But i have noticed a rattle somewhere in the rear driver side? and it has become more noticeable too after i put my subs in. U guys say that the seat belts rattle? can u explain more?
Old 04-13-03, 09:05 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

well i had a rattle prob too but it was on the passenger side never really figured out what was making the noise, all i could tell was that it was coming from the area where the stock sub is placed that whole piece of boarding right there...
Originally posted by Sleepyboi
yea the stock is a 10' i took that out a long time ago.
you took it out... is it simple...what did u do with the wiring..man my rca wires connect right there...and last what is that black box next to it.. is it a small amp or something ..
Old 04-13-03, 10:28 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nah, I didn't MAT it up yet.... I'm waiting till I put my REAL system in... I'm gonna run 2 or 3 12" JL W7's and proboly 2 or 3 JL 1000w amps, one to each speaker... Then I'll need to MAT everything in my car.. And I know even after I do that my car is gonna rattle apart literally....
Old 04-13-03, 10:56 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

2-3 W7 thats alot of money + amps = ALOT OF MONEY TO SPEND, BUT WELL WORTH IT..you plan on customizing it ?
Old 04-13-03, 11:00 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by joshoowa
2-3 W7 thats alot of money + amps = ALOT OF MONEY TO SPEND, BUT WELL WORTH IT..you plan on customizing it ?
Customizing??? C'mon now, you do you think???
Old 04-14-03, 12:06 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

yo sypher if u plan on gettin w7's i would recommend u get a ported enclosuer for it. but yea its gonna rattle the crap out of ur car. Im running 2 12' Diamond TDX's with 1100 watts and everything rattles like there is no tomm. Im prayin that sound deadening will help *crosses fingers*
Old 04-14-03, 12:10 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Sleepyboi
yo sypher if u plan on gettin w7's i would recommend u get a ported enclosuer for it. but yea its gonna rattle the crap out of ur car. Im running 2 12' Diamond TDX's with 1100 watts and everything rattles like there is no tomm. Im prayin that sound deadening will help *crosses fingers*
Yeah I know....
Let me know how it turns out after you wrap everything up.... Goodluck with that, I hope it helps...
Old 04-14-03, 03:09 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first time i've read about a rattle from the rear. hope it ain't as loud as the rattles up front at least. my subs don't make nothing rattle back there, but they don't wake up the neighborhood either
Old 04-14-03, 06:32 AM
DPGS430
Driver

One of the biggest culprits was my rear seat belt anchors on the top deck. There is a plastic "housing" around the belt on the rear deck that protrudes into the trunk compartment. I removed the housings and the major part of my rattles disappeared. Dynamat or an equivalent on all surfaces in the truck is the best way to go.

Jim
Old 04-15-03, 04:24 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

Originally posted by joshoowa
well i had a rattle prob too but it was on the passenger side never really figured out what was making the noise, all i could tell was that it was coming from the area where the stock sub is placed that whole piece of boarding right there...

you took it out... is it simple...what did u do with the wiring..man my rca wires connect right there...and last what is that black box next to it.. is it a small amp or something ..
honestly...i have no clue...the stereo shop yanked it out for me...i dunno wat it looks like back there...All i kno is that i have the stock 10' in my garage. Sorry i cant help ya out...ill try to find out for u tho..

-boris

Quick Reply: Rattles from your GS??