GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

B2795 unregistered key code issue when doing the GS300 to 2jzgte swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-15, 06:40 PM
vijayn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default B2795 unregistered key code issue when doing the GS300 to 2jzgte swap

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd post this "fix" up for anyone that may do a engine swap with the immobilizer ecu

This fix will only work if you have the key that came with the donor 2jzgte engine/ecu.

After swapping everything and doing all the custom jobs like tach signal wiring, to get your engine to start you will need to register your key to your engine ecu.

Firstly when I got the that exact problem, I used torque pro scantool to see if there were any codes and "B2795 unregistered key code" came up. So i tried to just swap out the transmitter ring and module from the Aristo but that didn't work.

Then I saw the "key programming" thread here on Club Lexus and went through it. With the help of that, I then managed to copy the code from the Aristo key to the GS300 key and then the security led went away and it started up straight away!

I first confirmed my GS300 key would work with the body system first by doing the procedure below -
Remote Programming
1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door.
2. Put key into ignition and remove. Do not turn it on.
3. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)
4. Close and open drivers door.
5. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times.(Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)
6. Put key into ignition. Turn to "ON", turn off and remove.
7. You will see the door locks cycle by themselves.

If the door lock do not cycle (lock, unlock) by themselves then the car isn't in programming mode and you must start over.

8. On the remove. Press and hold Lock and Unlock button at the same time for no more than 2 seconds.
9. On the remote, press the Lock button for no more than 1 second.

AT THIS POINT. The locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted.

IF the locks cycle TWICE it have failed.

Here is the procedure for programming GS300 key to 2jzgte ecu:
Key Programming
1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition (key that came with your 2jzgte). Do not turn.
2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.
4. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition (gs300 key).
6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.
7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on the brake one time.

Note: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will be come on and start blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.
Hope this helps others.