GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help! tried installing a aftermarket deck and My battery won't hold a charge

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-15, 01:03 AM
Tabatha69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Help! tried installing a aftermarket deck and My battery won't hold a charge

Talk about a mess. So I had a sub and amp that were hooked up to my 1999 GS 400 but I insisted on having a friend take out the cd player and install (or try) a aftermarket cd player so I could hook up 2 subs and a different amp. Needless to say dude did a number on the wiring and when I seen the mess he made totally made him stop and at that point my heat wasn't working and my car had to be jumped In order to drive it.(Not a problem with anything before on this car) So I had someone else try to fix his mess and they got heat to work but the car still won't hold a charge.for a minute the blower motor even ran after car was shut off...something is drawing all power from my battery...ive changed fuses I've changed batteries..had two other people tell me they tested my alternator. It's fine and has to be electrical. I didn't have any problems until he took the cd player out and messed with the wiring. Needless to say I don't know how to fix the problem. Can't afford to take it in . Hoping someone out there can help me out.
Old 11-25-15, 02:30 AM
Category5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabatha69
Talk about a mess. So I had a sub and amp that were hooked up to my 1999 GS 400 but I insisted on having a friend take out the cd player and install (or try) a aftermarket cd player so I could hook up 2 subs and a different amp. Needless to say dude did a number on the wiring and when I seen the mess he made totally made him stop and at that point my heat wasn't working and my car had to be jumped In order to drive it.(Not a problem with anything before on this car) So I had someone else try to fix his mess and they got heat to work but the car still won't hold a charge.for a minute the blower motor even ran after car was shut off...something is drawing all power from my battery...ive changed fuses I've changed batteries..had two other people tell me they tested my alternator. It's fine and has to be electrical. I didn't have any problems until he took the cd player out and messed with the wiring. Needless to say I don't know how to fix the problem. Can't afford to take it in . Hoping someone out there can help me out.
First off what did you do? Install a double din? Amp bypass? What was the original pioneer or mark Livingston? Need more details man...
Old 11-25-15, 05:58 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well you didnt do the install, you had someone else do it. so this makes me think that i dont think youre up to the task of finishing the install correctly.

take it to a radio/sound system shop. they should sort you out. also, dont go for the cheapest ghetto shop. theres a reason theyre small time.