GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hot Air Center Consule Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 09:10 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Hot Air Center Consule Problem

Hi guys.

I begin by saying that I began to notice that the vent passenger side of the center console start coming out hot air and not cool air as the driver side. Then I said, the passenger servo motor go bad. I got 2 from the junker yard and a new one from the dealer. I look and put as much attention from the servo motor mechanism works as open and close the window in my car before install one of what I had found or buy in the junker and turned that the two servo from the junker work fine. Also the original I had in the car works as it should. I will install the new from the dealer because a though all 3 was bad and also works correctly, close and open the vent correctly and the problem persists. Hot air coming through from that window. But what I noticed was that after a while I turn back to the car, I turn the car and the ac and start go out cold air from that window, but after 5 seconds switches to a warm air again without the passenger servo motor has moved from position?? Someone had this problem before?? What can be? Thanks for any advance.
Old 07-27-15, 09:32 AM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Are you 100% sure the white plastic track on the servo is in the right position when you connected it to the blend door track? What I would do is take the servo off again and move the temperature up and down and watch the servo move. Then I would move the track on the blend door around by hand to make sure you don't feel nothing binding up or anything loose inside. Usually the servos just need to be cleaned and re-greased inside if they are clicking because they cannot find the correct position on the circuity on the internal white gear.

Also I believe that there is a diagnostic test on here that you can do on the climate control by holding certain buttons and it does tests and gives you codes on the climate controller.
Old 07-27-15, 09:41 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shwalker07
Are you 100% sure the white plastic track on the servo is in the right position when you connected it to the blend door track? What I would do is take the servo off again and move the temperature up and down and watch the servo move. Then I would move the track on the blend door around by hand to make sure you don't feel nothing binding up or anything loose inside. Usually the servos just need to be cleaned and re-greased inside if they are clicking because they cannot find the correct position on the circuity on the internal white gear.

Also I believe that there is a diagnostic test on here that you can do on the climate control by holding certain buttons and it does tests and gives you codes on the climate controller.
First, Thank you for answering me and yessss, I do everything that you mention to do.I pass 5 to 6 hours yesterday doing this and still the same.

Last edited by Mcon; 07-27-15 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-27-15, 11:37 PM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Have you tried the self-diagnostic test or do you have any codes? (Post 11 on link)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...eed-codes.html
Old 07-28-15, 02:57 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

shwalker07,

Thanks again for all the information that you provided to me. Also, I found out this thread that is a little old, but I believe that this is my problem with my car. It is not so expensive and I'll try. I give you a update after install it the new sensor and try the A/C system again. Again, to many thanks.
Check this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...placement.html
Old 07-29-15, 08:23 AM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Is your outside ambient temperature reading that shows up on the climate controller way off?
Old 07-29-15, 04:35 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shwalker07
Is your outside ambient temperature reading that shows up on the climate controller way off?
Yessss, my outside ambient temperature read fine. I compared with my cell phone and was only 1 degree of difference. Today I did the test in the A/ C screen system unit and the screen indicated code 41 and 43. If you read the last comment of the last thread that I send you, the last member wrote, what he said and do was to put a new freeon on the system and that resolved his problem and codes. My father has the A/ C watches and I'm going to see that these watcter tell me. I just remember that several years ago, my A/C system was discharge completely by itself. I call my friend who is a master mechanic of the lexus leader and he told me that is very rare, but happens. He told me to reload the system and ready to go. He was right. My A/C working perfect to a few days a go. I had left my car almost 3 months inside of the garage without use it and I think that is the reason why the A/ C this not working right. My baby is jealous because I do not pulled to run by a good time. lol. I let you know in a day or 2 what happen. Thanks again shwalker07

Last edited by Mcon; 07-29-15 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-29-15, 08:20 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

This is the Ambient Air Temperature Sensor. Is under the Headlight Driver Side. Very close to the fog light again, on the driver side. Check this item on Ebay. Item # 261896818216

The cable of this sensor is that I'm toching with my fingers. Beware with the plug of the sensor when you try to disconnect it. For the years of that plug already have, the plastic safety pin can break easily. You can plug the connector back, but with the movement of the car, the plug easily can take off from the sensor because not have the safety pin that keep the plug in place with the sensor.

Last edited by Mcon; 07-29-15 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-01-15, 06:08 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

My A/C work again, Yeaaaaaaa. Was very low on freon.