GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New owner of an old GS

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-15, 03:37 PM
SlowNOldGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner of an old GS

What's up guys, new to the forum and figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Justin and I've recently picked up a 1998 GS300 Imperial Jade Mica exterior Tan interior. I bought the car from the original owner and man was this thing taken care of meticulously. Bought it from our local dealer and had all her service records from the same dealer. Plan to change the car up a little to put my mark on it. Going with coilovers, 19" 2013 GS350 F Sport Hyper Silver wheels, TTE front lip and roof spoiler. Also, I'm going to start tinkering with a set of RCF headlamps I picked up and seeing what I can make fit inside the old GS lamps. I'm excited to tinker with this old beaut and can't wait to see her when she's finished.

Old 07-06-15, 03:52 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

welcome! it looks very clean for its age. GL with the RCF headlight project. I'm curious to see how that turns out
Old 07-06-15, 04:11 PM
SlowNOldGS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks jadu! She's very clean, especially for 328,000 miles lol. I'll be sure to do a write up on it if I'm successful with the headlamp project.
Old 07-06-15, 07:03 PM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

You can put a million miles on these machines and they never age, yet this one aged gracefully, you scored on this one! As long as you paid less for it.
Old 07-07-15, 01:46 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New owner of an old GS

Man that's a nice pickup !!!!! !!!!! Enjoy it and please post pics of the mods as you go bro. Really nice condition it's in. Love seeing 2GS cars that have aged so wonderfully as this one. If it was me, I wouldn't do a thing to it. Nice and stock ..... But hey, I really enjoy 100% OEM cars.... Enjoy it bro and #GODBLESS
Old 07-07-15, 05:30 AM
chicov8
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the club
Old 07-07-15, 05:55 AM
Fish
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus and congrats on the 2gs! She's beautiful with 300k + miles. Can't wait to see the headlight project!
Old 07-07-15, 06:49 AM
wbmx1981
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the club.
Old 07-07-15, 07:27 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts

just for kicks and giggles, what the hell does a dealer even charge for a GS with that many miles? I mean please tell me you paid LESS then $2,000?
Old 07-07-15, 11:05 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ yea I'd drop no more than $1500 on that one....
Old 07-07-15, 11:13 AM
SlowNOldGS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the kind words guys! I look forward to giving her a new look. As stated above, I purchased the vehicle from the original owner, not a dealer. I work for Lexus Collision Center of Tampa bay. The Original owner brought the vehicle in wanting a price quote on refinishing her trunk spoiler and roof moldings. I absolutely fell in love with this car. Even considering I look at around 40 different Lexus vehicles a day. After about two weeks of bugging her I was able to purchase the car from her and got her put in a brand new GS. Win, win for the both of us. I'd rather not disclose what I paid, although it was under $2,000.
Old 07-07-15, 11:30 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts

With that many miles even the GS isn't a good idea to purchase but yours qualifies as a real cream puff considering its one owner and lady owned at that which almost guarantees it wasn't driven as hard. I wonder if it's still on the original tranny, that's amazing to see a car with so many miles still running great, you just CANT kill these cars! You must be a good talker though considering she came to fix her car and you convinced her to get a new one LOL

Originally Posted by SlowNOldGS
Thanks for the kind words guys! I look forward to giving her a new look. As stated above, I purchased the vehicle from the original owner, not a dealer. I work for Lexus Collision Center of Tampa bay. The Original owner brought the vehicle in wanting a price quote on refinishing her trunk spoiler and roof moldings. I absolutely fell in love with this car. Even considering I look at around 40 different Lexus vehicles a day. After about two weeks of bugging her I was able to purchase the car from her and got her put in a brand new GS. Win, win for the both of us. I'd rather not disclose what I paid, although it was under $2,000.
Old 07-07-15, 12:35 PM
SlowNOldGS
Driver School Candidate

@DMPesso, from the records she has given me, it looks like the tranny, timing belt, radiator, water pump and head gasket has been changed all within the last 2 years. All of these which have been replaced by the dealer I work for. The lady has done everything our dealer has told her to the car. She bought it for herself when she turned 40 years old. She stated she wanted to wait until her 60th birthday to buy another one but she really appreciated the fact that I liked the vehicle and wanted it so much so finally decided to sell it to me. It definitely took a ton of persuasion on my end. I'm very confident that I got a good buy. Especially considering I have access to all her service records and everything has been done and on time every time.
Old 07-07-15, 12:37 PM
SlowNOldGS
Driver School Candidate

The vehicle even came with the 2 sets of original keys, valet key, 2 6 cd changer cartridges and the original sticker price was still in the glove box.
Old 07-07-15, 04:54 PM
SlowNOldGS
Driver School Candidate

Andddd just a few shots of a couple other of my projects I'm in the middle of. A 1991 C1500 stepside that I've done virtually everything on or am doing. Stripped the truck inside and out, 10" c notch in the rear, slam specialties bags and a full accuride air ride set up. The other is a 1975 Harley Davidson Shovelhead that I'm doing a ground up build on. Fresh powder and paint on everything and all new parts. I guess you can say I know my way around a garage

Quick Reply: New owner of an old GS