GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

945 Garage: 4 Door Hero Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-15, 05:37 PM
TableSyrup
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 945 Garage: 4 Door Hero Kit

Ok, I was recently turned on to these guys, and this kit just became available

http://945garage.bigcartel.com/produ...to-wide-panels

Anyone have experience with them though?

I am talking with him via email and may snag one......

I've got a Duraflex V Speed front bumper, and Cyber skirts and rear bumper....
This would compliment ....
Everything would be customized and molded in

Hard to make a decision... but I'm between this, and the Serial 9 kit....

Thoughts?
Old 04-23-15, 06:24 PM
Behemoth7
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sir have excellent taste, I would buy that in 2 seconds if I had the dough.

If you do get this I would love to see your car with all panels installed
Old 04-23-15, 06:32 PM
TableSyrup
Driver

I like the look of the Hero kit, but it looks like fitment would be better with the Serial 9....
So I'm on the fence... if I'm not mistaken they are the same $

Once the Serial 9 is molded in the rear would be nice and clean.... and of course the front is a total fender replacement, so that would be clean as well

The Hero kit looks like a lot more fitment work.....

Ugh... decisions decisions
Old 04-23-15, 07:13 PM
Behemoth7
Pole Position

I personally think the serialnine kit is too extreme, I like the hero kit for keeping the gs lines while adding a sort of BMW-esqe fender.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-23-15, 07:19 PM
TableSyrup
Driver

My bumpers and skirts are extreme too....

I'm going sorta all out street/drift....

So the Serial 9 kinda goes with it, but I don't like it just riveted/bolted/taped on, I would mold it in...
Molded in, the rear section would not stand out as much, it would just be more wide body...

I agree, it is loud though... but I do like it, and it's growing on me more and more

First two images would be Serial 9....
Second two would be Heroish (only with less flare... the image is essentially lipped)
Attached Thumbnails 945 Garage: 4 Door Hero Kit-pt1.jpg   945 Garage: 4 Door Hero Kit-sh1.jpg   945 Garage: 4 Door Hero Kit-pt2.jpg   945 Garage: 4 Door Hero Kit-sh2.jpg  

Last edited by TableSyrup; 04-24-15 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-23-15, 08:02 PM
Gr1MEYNorm
Driver School Candidate

if it wasn't for this damn 2JZ build id buy these!
Old 04-24-15, 06:41 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was gonna post this link also to see what you guys think, serialnine also have something similar but I don’t like the rear bulk from the serialnine kit.
Im just going to customize mine to my wheel specs, but I did purchase the serialnine trunk.
Old 04-24-15, 07:28 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

serial nine keeps the body lines, that would be my choice
Old 04-24-15, 10:47 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

serial nine kit would be my choice... I think you would have less fitment issues with the Serial Nine kit...
Old 04-24-15, 11:41 AM
driftdan
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the owner personally, he does awesome work! The fenders look amazing in person.
Old 04-24-15, 01:28 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I live in Virginia which is where these guys are based out of we have some shows/gatherings going on this summer so I'm sure I will see in person and will be able to give a honest opinion on how it looks in person.
Old 04-24-15, 01:43 PM
TableSyrup
Driver

Problem is, I don't only wanna see final product.... more importantly, I wanna see it fit in it's raw form, so I know what fitment and finish work I would need to do (anything can be fit, modded, and made to look good, it's all a matter of how much work is needed to do it)

A couple things I could see that are issues for me with the Heros kit, are as follows:

Top of the front fender overlay sits above the fender, thereby making the fender taller than the hood unless you were to cut ut down lower and blend to mold it in.

Front of front fender around headlight, curve looks great, but with the edge right there it's gonna be thicker at the headlight.

Same goes at door edges...... can't really see what's going on at the wheel well opening.

Rear fender overlay issues I see are the trim locations at the taillight.... it should either all be close to the light, or all spaced away..... and again, what about the top edge at the trunk? I imagine same deal as the front, where the quarter would be taller than the trunk lid unless cut back and blended......

As far as the front edge of the quarter overlay, I'm wondering if it returns to the jamb/quarter for a clean look? Or does it just float?

Same with the door skin, does it return or just float?
And is it a replacement skin? Or an overlay?

So many unanswered questions.

I'd be in to test it out for a few hundred..... but not comfortable being an early adopter at full price which is the same as S9, when I can tell clearly S9 would be much easier fitment.

It's a shame... I wish there was much more detail and info available......
I feel like if I were to buy it, I don't know what I'm getting.... he has not made the purchase decision easy for me.

I don't doubt the quality of his work ... I'm sure his finish is great (saw a pick of one of his molds.... he's doing it right).... but wish he showed lots more details of the fit
Old 04-24-15, 06:12 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw this on FB a while back. Fitment looks like a TON of work, everything is an overlay. Why overlay fiberglass duck bill fenders when you can make them from steel, or better yet just don't duck lip flare your fenders...Rear quarter overlay mounts onto the rear bumper as well? How does that work when you wanna remove the bumper?

I'd take Serial Nine over this kit any day, except for the fact their fronts make the fender and lower cap into 1-piece, which means some side skirts are no longer useable ( Junction Produce, Vertex for example)... Everyone has their preference, but to me just because it's new and "exciting" doesn't mean I want it lol.
Old 04-26-15, 12:06 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting kit. I like that the flares essentially cover the stock flares - I've seen other guys do this type of widebody and it looks like a 'flare on flare' over the stock GS fenders (the stock GS fenders remind me of subtle Porsche 944 flares).

Too bad they don't mention anything about how much clearance for wheels you gain. I mean, I have 20x10.0 & 20x12.0 under my narrow-body GS (pulled front fenders). Are guys buying custom wheels with this kit, or using wheel spacers?

Would like to see a kit installed, painted, and finished..
Old 04-27-15, 05:38 AM
driftdan
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I hit him up on your thoughts, he doesnt get on CL much.

Danny Domenech Nothing really negative. Reason I don't post details is the same reason serial nine doesn't. The inner door and the rear quarter are not something I'm willing to share with people right now. These guys want a 100% fitting body panels and I will try my hardest to make that. Each car will vary slightly I'm sure. Some trimming will have to be done And this is why I choose not to trim the panels to exact fitment. I leave a little work for your "professional" body guy to do. You guys know that there is going to be some neg people and positives. I'm super busy at the moment and this is why I haven't released any detail pictures of the fenders., yes it will sit about an 1/16 on top of the original fender, but you already knew this. "It's an over fender". Being mentioned next to serialnine is a good thing and I'm down for the challenge. My **** looks 1000x better. The finish work in the panels is a smooth gel coat surface. If you are only worried about how it fits around the headlight you have no problems. A little 80 grit sand paper will help you get that perfect fitment.

The kit that is on the 945garage gs300 is also the first one ever made from the molds. Another reason I don't snap detail pictures of it in certain areas is because it was the prototype. Lots of on and off the car, trimming, over trimming was involved and won't really represent the final product or cut trim lines. I'll ensure you that this thing look amazing in person and it's something new to the scene.

Quick Reply: 945 Garage: 4 Door Hero Kit