GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help with an Older GS Color....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-03, 05:22 PM
Dillon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with an Older GS Color....

Don't have a Lexus but at least its a Toyota (Tacoma 4WD)... Anyways, I'm trying to track down a color. Anybody remember the early 2nd Gen GS300 wine red and sorta brownish tho?, I have no idea what its called and have only seen it a few times and only on GS300/400s and can't find a picture of it anywhere. Anybody have this color or seen it, I'm looking for the name of the color. Any help would be great. I'm planning on painting my truck this color in the near future.

If you have pictures, point me in the direction or show me, its the most bad *** red I've ever seen. Thanks.

Last edited by Dillon; 03-19-03 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-19-03, 05:37 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Default Cinnabar?

Like this?
Old 03-19-03, 06:02 PM
Dillon
Driver School Candidate

Yeah thats it, thanks, is it your car? If so, how hard to keep it clean? My last vehicle was metallic black and my current truck is metallic dark green so its a pain to keep clean and thats a factor weighing in on this tho...that color is so sweet tho...
Old 03-19-03, 06:08 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think it is hard to keep this color clean...but I wash my car at least once a week.

BTW, the color is called Cinnibar. It looks red in most lights but when the sun hits it just right, it looks orange. The color looks much better in person...pictures don't do it justice.

Last edited by UTGS400; 03-19-03 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-19-03, 06:40 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4fun
I like the color too
*DROOL*

Man, U gotta miss that!!!!

Last edited by ebruce2; 03-19-03 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-19-03, 06:55 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by ebruceii
*DROOL*

Man, U gotta miss that!!!!
yeah sometimes...i'm rebuilding though.....
Old 03-19-03, 08:52 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I forgot how good your car(s) looked after not seeing those pics for awhile.

Any luck finding another Greddy lip yet Manuel? i tried for the last few days with no luck, I was told a couple of months. If you happened to stumble on a place able to get them let me know.
Old 03-20-03, 04:10 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
I forgot how good your car(s) looked after not seeing those pics for awhile.

Any luck finding another Greddy lip yet Manuel? i tried for the last few days with no luck, I was told a couple of months. If you happened to stumble on a place able to get them let me know.
Tell you what ...i'll trade you a Greddy lip for your wheels....

Actually i did find a place that's getting one directly from Japan from me. Site is 6deep.com...They had found three pieces in Japan..I paid for one of them myself. The site rep told me the other two lips had downpayments put on them. I still have to wait for about 4 to 5 weeks for it...but at least one is in my near future. You may want to contact them to find out if they could locate another one for you. Have you decide not to go back to the WIN body kit....is it too low for you???

As for digitalracer.com order I placed 9 (yes NINE) months ago, i still have not received it yet.

Its amazing how difficult it is to find these lips...maybe i should make a mold out of plaster and make some lips to sell to you guys....
Any interest?
Old 03-20-03, 05:22 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Damn, I cant wait that long. The WIN kit is low as hell, but thats not why I sold it. I just wanted a change for the Spring. I went with the VS Executive kit, hopefully I will like it. I will know in the middle of April. New kit, new suspension, and my HRE's nice and clean!! I cant freakin wait!
Old 03-20-03, 05:52 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Damn, I cant wait that long. The WIN kit is low as hell, but thats not why I sold it. I just wanted a change for the Spring. I went with the VS Executive kit, hopefully I will like it. I will know in the middle of April. New kit, new suspension, and my HRE's nice and clean!! I cant freakin wait!
I can't wait to see the pics...wish i had a few bucks to buy that win kit...gotta stay within budget..gotta stay within budget...gotta stay within budget...
Old 03-20-03, 08:45 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Manuel, What the hell is a budget!!!

My wife keeps talking about this so called budget also, but I have yet to figure out what it is!