GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

'99 GS 300 AC problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-14, 04:44 AM
Kretek234
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default '99 GS 300 AC problem.

Hi everyone, I need help to diagnose my AC problem. All sudden my AC blowing warm air, usually is always ice cold. I check t the clutch ,is engaged, the AC button light is solid green, manuals says if the AC button light flickring that means problem with the compressor.
I bought AC pro recharge kit, before I recharged, I check the pressure of the low pressure with the gauges that come with the kit. The pressure read in the red zone. I didn't continues the prosses to recharge the refrigerant. I'm afraid of overcharging the system. Any idea what is the problem with my AC? I was planning to add freon in the system , I thought low of freon, but since the low pressure in red zone I'm afraid. Any suggestions and help I reall appreciate it.
Old 09-30-14, 02:34 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Purge the system to where the readings are not in the red. If its overfilled, it could cause this symptom.
Old 09-30-14, 08:02 PM
Kretek234
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Purge the system to where the readings are not in the red. If its overfilled, it could cause this symptom.
I never do anything with the AC since brand new, never have any services, just all sudden blowing warm air the next day.
Old 10-01-14, 02:43 AM
Chankeye
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you most likely have a restriction in the system. I recently did some work on a vehicle (not a lexus) that had warm a/c and was getting really high pressure on the low side as well. Traced the restriction to the condenser (couldn't even blow compressed air through the condenser core). after replacing the condenser, along with a new receiver dryer, flushed out the evaporator core, flushed out all the lines, and then recharging the system the a/c was back to blowing ice cubes. Found out later that the compressor was replaced at some point due to it coming apart, basically all the debris from the old compressor clogged the condenser core. So with this in mind, you might also have a compressor coming apart.
Old 10-02-14, 04:05 AM
Kretek234
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chankeye
you most likely have a restriction in the system. I recently did some work on a vehicle (not a lexus) that had warm a/c and was getting really high pressure on the low side as well. Traced the restriction to the condenser (couldn't even blow compressed air through the condenser core). after replacing the condenser, along with a new receiver dryer, flushed out the evaporator core, flushed out all the lines, and then recharging the system the a/c was back to blowing ice cubes. Found out later that the compressor was replaced at some point due to it coming apart, basically all the debris from the old compressor clogged the condenser core. So with this in mind, you might also have a compressor coming apart.
How do you trace the restriction?( assuming nothing wrong with the compressor), when the low pressure is high and blowin warm air, I was thinking is must have refigerant in the system, but couldn't go through the line. Beside clogged up the condenser do you think is possible problem with the expansion valve also. I need to know to pinpoint the problem since this happen all sudden, one day ice cold and the next day warm air.
Thanks for your respond.