GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

remote program fail

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-14, 10:32 PM
ugk321
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote program fail

I just bought a 1998 gs300 and unable to program remote for keyless. I searched and found program steps and tried and got into the program mode but the door locks will cycle twice and not program remote. Please help.
Old 07-23-14, 10:33 PM
ugk321
Driver School Candidate

I also tried over hundred time inside the vehicle and outside.
Old 09-09-14, 03:12 PM
ugk321
Driver School Candidate

Wow, I did not know that club lexus was so unhelpful forum. When I used to be on s2ki or any other forum a lot of members helped out. I guess club lexus is place for people to show off their vehicle and not help fellow club members.
Old 09-09-14, 05:26 PM
8ll8lack
Pole Position

go to the dealership to get it program. something is wrong in your step or something is wrong with one of your car door locks.
Old 09-10-14, 08:32 AM
bartsitars
Rookie

Originally Posted by 8ll8lack
go to the dealership to get it program. something is wrong in your step or something is wrong with one of your car door locks.
On this note, are all of your door lock actuators working? In other words, when you use the power lock button on the door panel, do all doors lock and unlock? If they don't all work, the system will not function properly and may be causing the failure. I would suggest just taking it in. I think they charge like $60 to program the remotes.
Old 09-10-14, 09:54 AM
offbad
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ugk321
Wow, I did not know that club lexus was so unhelpful forum. When I used to be on s2ki or any other forum a lot of members helped out. I guess club lexus is place for people to show off their vehicle and not help fellow club members.
maybe, perhaps, possibly...

nobody knows.

there's also tons of information available if you use this

your problem is either:
  • you don't know what you're doing
  • you're using the wrong materials.
  • the ECU is full and needs a reset/flash.

you also just bought a 15+ year old car and didn't say anything else about it
how many master keys do you have?
are they of the keyless entry or transponder only variety?

lots of variables that you neglected to provide, sorry you didn't get the help you wanted with what little information you gave.

this forum has saved my *** tons of time and money on multiple occasions mostly because i looked for the answers and asked the right questions.
Old 09-12-14, 02:08 PM
ugk321
Driver School Candidate

none of the door actuators worked at the time of purchase. all door lock actuators has been replaced and all of them are working. When I checked using the techstream there is no programmed remote to the vehicle. I know the remote is good, since i programmed to my friend's car and is working. yes i know how to use the search in the forum. i have searched and did not find anyone with the same problem as i do. next i did use the search since i was able to get to program mode and able to program my remote to a friend's car. so more information on the vehicle.
1998 lexus gs300 base model. black on black. l-tuned suspension and everything else is stock. there is no check engine light. the vehicle is bought from the first owner and is from a family friend. they lost all the keys but one master key. the one and only master key is from the factory with the vehicle. when i had access to teahstream i did reset all ecu in the vehicle.

hope with this information, someone will able to help.
Old 09-12-14, 02:10 PM
ugk321
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 8ll8lack
I used to work at dealerships and found out 90% of techs in dealerships are idiots.
Old 09-12-14, 02:13 PM
ugk321
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for people who have replied to this thread.
Old 09-12-14, 11:56 PM
offbad
Lead Lap

if you programmed it to your friend's car why would it work on your car?
Old 09-13-14, 07:29 AM
ugk321
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by offbad
if you programmed it to your friend's car why would it work on your car?
I know that each remote as a unique code and the vehicle will save that code to make the keyless work. I programmed it to my friends car to make sure there is nothing wrong with the remote.
Old 09-13-14, 10:44 AM
offbad
Lead Lap

I know that each remote as a unique code and the vehicle will save that code to make the keyless work. I programmed it to my friends car to make sure there is nothing wrong with the remote.
your key is now programmed to work for another car that isn't yours
Old 09-13-14, 05:00 PM
offbad
Lead Lap

none of the door actuators worked at the time of purchase. all door lock actuators has been replaced and all of them are working. When I checked using the techstream there is no programmed remote to the vehicle. I know the remote is good, since i programmed to my friend's car and is working. yes i know how to use the search in the forum. i have searched and did not find anyone with the same problem as i do. next i did use the search since i was able to get to program mode and able to program my remote to a friend's car. so more information on the vehicle.
1998 lexus gs300 base model. black on black. l-tuned suspension and everything else is stock. there is no check engine light. the vehicle is bought from the first owner and is from a family friend. they lost all the keys but one master key. the one and only master key is from the factory with the vehicle. when i had access to teahstream i did reset all ecu in the vehicle.

hope with this information, someone will able to help.
additionally, i don't know how expansive techstream is, but it sounds like you did not flash/reset the immobilizer on the ECU.
Old 09-15-14, 01:43 AM
ugk321
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by offbad
additionally, i don't know how expansive techstream is, but it sounds like you did not flash/reset the immobilizer on the ECU.
For your information tech stream is the toyota lexus oem dealer scan tool. It is kind of hard not to be able to reset immobilizer on the ecu since there is big button on the screen reset all ecu.
Old 09-15-14, 09:48 AM
offbad
Lead Lap

thank you for my information.

brb using multiple keys on my car.

Quick Reply: remote program fail