GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

AC Blower Motor Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-14, 04:37 PM
2ndgen400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Blower Motor Question

Whats up guys, I'm having a few issues. I have a 98 gs400 and my AC isn't working (no air blows through the vents) and I've been looking at past threads, mostly the one by Sakataj, a DIY on replacting servos https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vo-motors.html

Now im not sure which servo needs to be replaced, the cooling, the mode or air circulation. Or could it be the actual blower fan itself. Any ideas?
Old 06-25-14, 05:32 PM
FrankT
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

I would test your fan blower motor by putting 12 volts to it and see if it works.

My guess is that it's done..R.I.P.
Old 06-25-14, 05:46 PM
2ndgen400
Driver School Candidate

Funny thing is I did. It works but the few seconds it does blow air at high speed its not powerful enough as it should be then dies out blowing no more air. Might be a short in the motor or something. At this point I have no idea
Old 06-25-14, 08:21 PM
FrankT
Instructor

Time to replace it...
Old 06-26-14, 05:23 PM
2ndgen400
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like my only option. Do you know the part number by any chance?
Old 06-26-14, 06:22 PM
FrankT
Instructor

Lexus part number 87103-30370 about $200
After market FOUR SEASONS #75738 can be had for less than $50
Old 06-27-14, 02:36 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2ndgen400
Funny thing is I did. It works but the few seconds it does blow air at high speed its not powerful enough as it should be then dies out blowing no more air. Might be a short in the motor or something. At this point I have no idea
That's a trip.... If you need one man let me know I actually have a spare one I was going to install in one of the GS's and never ended up even doing it... Neither need it replaced so why should I even bother you know, it's from a 2001 Gs.... I'll hook you up if you end up needing one just holla.... Cool good luck man
Old 06-27-14, 10:50 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Whats up guys, I'm having a few issues. I have a 98 gs400 and my AC isn't working (no air blows through the vents) and I've been looking at past threads, mostly the one by Sakataj, a DIY on replacting servos https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vo-motors.html

Now im not sure which servo needs to be replaced, the cooling, the mode or air circulation. Or could it be the actual blower fan itself. Any ideas?
Bro I just changed mine. The mode servo. I thought that's the one that controlled the air from which vents they come out right. So I went ahead and changed the mode servo cuz no air was coming out from above my navi system vents nor the feet area. Nothing yet smh. I changed it out. Followed all the instructions on the DIY by Sakataj but nothing. Now I'm starting to wonder why there's still no air coming out the vents.... Now I'm searching deeper to see what ELSE can make air come out from those specific vents. I'm lost right now bro. Just like you.

I hope some kind OGs can help out with our problems.
Old 06-27-14, 10:52 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FrankT
I would test your fan blower motor by putting 12 volts to it and see if it works.

My guess is that it's done..R.I.P.
Can the fan blower be the reason why air don't come out certain vents??? My air comes out fine from both window vents and defrost in the windshields. But not the vents above the navi or feet. Can this still possibly be the fan blower bro?????
Old 06-27-14, 10:58 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Bro quick run thru. There's 4 servos all together. 1 on the driver side, 3 on the pass side. The only one on the driver side controls the temperature of the air blowing for the driver side cabin. Can be referred to as the Driver Side COOLING servo. Then on the pass side there's the MODE servo (controls which vents the air comes from FEET+HEAD+FEET&HEAD). Then there's the Pass Side COOLING servo (controls the temp of the air on the pass side cabin). And last is the AIR RECIRCULATION servo. Not sure exactly what it does but most ppl on Sakataj's DIY agreed it doesn't fail. I'm still curious on whether that one has anything to do with air flow thru the vents above the navi system and feet... Mine aren't working after I replaced the mode servo. Ugh

OGs please help
Old 06-27-14, 04:56 PM
2ndgen400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Bro quick run thru. There's 4 servos all together. 1 on the driver side, 3 on the pass side. The only one on the driver side controls the temperature of the air blowing for the driver side cabin. Can be referred to as the Driver Side COOLING servo. Then on the pass side there's the MODE servo (controls which vents the air comes from FEET+HEAD+FEET&HEAD). Then there's the Pass Side COOLING servo (controls the temp of the air on the pass side cabin). And last is the AIR RECIRCULATION servo. Not sure exactly what it does but most ppl on Sakataj's DIY agreed it doesn't fail. I'm still curious on whether that one has anything to do with air flow thru the vents above the navi system and feet... Mine aren't working after I replaced the mode servo. Ugh

OGs please help

I'm almost positive that its my blower cause it works then randomly theres no air coming out any vents. As for your issue if replacing the servo didnt work then im not too sure. Hopefully we can get some insight and get this **** fixed lol
Old 06-27-14, 08:23 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

I'm almost positive that its my blower cause it works then randomly theres no air coming out any vents. As for your issue if replacing the servo didnt work then im not too sure. Hopefully we can get some insight and get this **** fixed lol
--- Right right. Hopefully Sakataj himself will try and give us advice. Or any other helpful OG that's had these problems. Let's try and keep this thread active. Lots of 2GS guys suffer from this problem.
Old 07-02-14, 02:17 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

When you put in the new mode servo did you align that white plastic piece on to the servo? I had the same problem when I replaced mines. I took out the servo, and noticed that this thing connects 2 things not one. I had to use two hands.OP remove the glove box, CD changer, and the cabin filter and watch it when its on, replace blower motor if it keeps dying the motor could be going out.
Old 07-02-14, 03:27 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

I'll send you pics of the blower motor I have k
Old 07-02-14, 04:25 PM
bonesnj0
Rookie

I would hook up 12v to motor if it cuts out then motor is bad!
the other problem sounds like servo is bad not allowing air to flow where it should.

Quick Reply: AC Blower Motor Question