GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

RMM Problems, Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-03, 09:50 AM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry RMM Problems, Please Read

Okay lets see where do I begin??

On 1/17/03 I place an order for the following items and the salesman told me they were all in stock except LSD which would be 3 days:
*RMM Supercharger with Intercooler
*RMM LSD
*Torque Converter
*RMM front brake upgrade with Rotors
*Matching Rotors for the rear
*Stainless steal brakes lines and all other brake items
*TOTAL PRICE FOR PARTS: $11,375

After placing the order the salesman says everything will be shipped out on the 1/20/03 except the LSD that will ship out by the 1/23/03. So I say fine how long for the order to arrive he says 5 days. I call RMM on the 31st, which was 6 business days later. The salesman says everything should be there it has already been sent. I say okay when??"RMM Says last week they also say give to Monday the 2/3/03. Well Monday comes still no delivery, So I call RMM, salesman states should be there today, I say I have heard that before and I said I will wait until Wednesday if it's not there by then I will be canceling my order. Wednesday comes and My Lexus dealer calls me and says your parts arrived. "I SAY GREAT!!" He says bad news John, Your LSD is not here and your brakes are not here!!! I say what?? He says in addition to that your supercharger (Vortech) Unit is bent at the bottom. "I SAID YOU GOTTA BE @#$%#$ ME" He says no John I am serious. I call Rod Millen and get voice mail and leave a message I also right an email to them explaining what has Happen. I today Friday 2/7/03 have not heard from them either phone or email.

BTW people the parts say they were picked up on 1/30/03 that means they went out 8 business days after I was told they went out.

Business cannot be conducted this way especially when you are spending this kind of money. I am the owner of a National Debt Management Firm that has at least 10,000 clients. My Employees nor I have never treated or mislead a customer this way. I have always heard good things about Rod Millen and this bothers me. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????
Old 02-08-03, 10:08 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would say it's time to escalate.

Sending you a PM on who you could contact.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-08-03 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-08-03, 10:28 AM
Synergy

WOW. That should be a warning sign to many of us who are contemplating RMM purchases. I would return everything and get your money back. Why support a company who can't support you?
Old 02-08-03, 01:11 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

I'd give RMM a chance to respond. Obviously there has been quite a screwup; at least one measure of the quality of this company will be how they respond to make all these problems right for you. Granted, things should not have happened the way that they did. I almost expect to get smoke blown by salesmen/marketing folks. (It shouldn't happen, but we all know that it does.)

RMM now has an opportunity to excel in customer service and I hope, for your sake and theirs, that they go several extra miles here to make sure that you end up happy and satisfied. Please keep CL posted on how this turns out.

(originally posted in reply to this thread on Maintainence forum)
Old 02-08-03, 03:39 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i would speak to a someone other than just a salesman at rmm mayb that person can resolve the issue for u , i doubt that with the money u spent they would screw u over like that , i ordered my kit & strut bar and recieved evrything complete,quickly and in great condition. their uppermanagement wants your buisness and of course they don't want u spreading any bad vibes about them espeacially since u spent so much ans r afiliated to a club like ours that would bring a lot of revanue for them with good words. so i hope your issue gets resolved and u can let us know how everything went.
Old 02-08-03, 03:46 PM
RMMGS4

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I gave jcramair1 the RMM prez's contact info. It IS really up to him to keep these sales guys in line. The negative press from this site alone can definitely hurt his continuing business from CL members.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-08-03 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-08-03, 04:25 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

What ever the case may be you should be compensated for your time and worry. Dont let them get over on you. I have some horror stories of my own from a certin CL vendor.