GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-14, 03:10 PM
AI4000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Long time user, first Thread posted

Name is ABE and live in San Diego, CA

I have a White 98 GS400 with 150K... I love this car and i have tons of ideas for it thanks to this forum and all their members!

Thanks for all the hard work CLUB LEXUS!!
Old 05-29-14, 02:46 PM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Miami here, long time member, 3rd Lexus, SC, 1IS and now a 2000 GS with an Aristo swap. Love it! Hell of a car! mostly stock now with exception of front mount, blow off valve, intake and full 3' exhaust.
Old 05-30-14, 12:43 AM
xlr8fr
Driver School Candidate

Hi there,

I'm François from France, i live near Paris
I often travel to California, Los Angeles, I'll come back in November

last time i was at the AutoFashion VIP Fest and it makes me want a 2GS

when i came back in France, i was looking for a V8, but with black interior, for the exterior i'll change it
here in Europe we don't have the GS400, for the registration it's very long and more expensive
so i found my GS430 in england, i bought my RHD 2001 GS430 around 6 months ago with approximately 95.000 miles

It's dark blue for the moment, with all black interior, leather and wood, it has GPS and i have the GS Sport design OZ wheels 18"

I started to mod it lightly for the moment, Fujitsubo legalis R Catback (need to decat), tein CS coilovers (V1) , Kazz sports grill

and next mods, i'll looking for a front lip, and some wheels, 19" or 20" with lips

i'll post any pics soon
Old 05-30-14, 06:24 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Club Lexus everyone!
Old 05-30-14, 09:20 PM
richgzz
Driver School Candidate

Default 2002 gs300

Hi my name is Richard and I purchased my first Lexus one week ago. I have always wanted one and when I saw this gem I had to have it. Im the 2nd owner and it has 82k miles. Color is Burnished Gold metallic and interior is Tan with no signs of wear. Lets just say love at first sight. Car is stock with the original pioneer stereo I believe. Not sure of any other things to mention about the car. I live in El Paso Texas and plan to do some slight modifying to the car i.e. coil overs, rear spoiler, touchscreen/backup camera and some 19's maybe. I hope to get some advice from the more experienced members on first doing some preventative maintenance on the GS. Ive heard of the lower control arm problems, so Im looking to replace those soon. Thanks!
Old 06-02-14, 12:04 AM
fasturd
Driver School Candidate

Hello,
My name is Raul
Im new to the forum not exactly new to the cars I'm on my 3rd Lexus
Have had 2 per facelift 2nd gen ls400's s 97 and a 95

However I still consider myself as a rookie. Bein that I've spend most of my life building Hondas everything from a "stanced daily to a 700+ hp drag civic.

Anywho hope to meet new peopl and learn a whole lot more here

Now here is my current car ::
00 gs400 planitum
60k one owner car I purchased mid January very minty )

Fast forward till today I have made a couple mods you could say

Old 06-02-14, 12:05 AM
fasturd
Driver School Candidate

Last pic is current
Old 06-03-14, 07:24 AM
Hellstrmgs
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
My name is Nick. I currently have a 2000 lexus gs400 with 63,000 original miles on it. Nothing as been done to the car currently.
Old 06-03-14, 09:06 PM
SK430
Rookie

Whats up everyone! SK here from NY. First time car and Lexus owner. Just bought my '03 GS430.

Looking to learn to take care of my car and keep it looking as good and running as good as the original owner did. Also would like to start my first mod project of swapping out the fog lights. Would love some help as to where to start or what forum to use. Thanks!
Old 06-03-14, 09:51 PM
ttaylor993
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Club Lexus everyone!
Old 06-05-14, 01:14 PM
biegan97
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys my name is Brandon and I was handed down a 2002 Lexus GS 300 for my birthday, It runs great and I wanted to get opinions on if I should do stuff with it. It has 200K miles so i'm not to sure if its worth getting nice rims, engine touchups, exhaust system and stuff along those lines, Due to the fact i'm not sure how much life is left! Would really love some feedback!! Thanks

Pictures Here- https://www.clublexus.com/g/album/1220722
Old 06-07-14, 09:56 AM
2haloz
Driver School Candidate

Default New Guy.

Thought I would make my introduction as I will probably be here on the forums a bit. Just bought a 1999 GS300 $3200. I'm pretty happy. Yes it's an older 2nd gen model, but this is probably the coolest car I have ever owned, and I really like it. I plan to make it into something i am proud of and take pride in it.

I bought the car and it is in great condition, but they pulled a fast one on me and money had already traded hands. They disconnected the dash lights, and I kept getting an intermittent beeping when I would break hard (so when I test drove it it seemed fine). ABS is out, so I have it at my uncle's shop. He is replacing the master cylinder for me. Pretty excited to get it back and do a few things to it ( I have a few questions. but I'll post that in a pertinent thread or sub forum).

Anyhow, here is my ride:

I'll see you guys around on the forums, thanks for having me!
Old 06-07-14, 10:13 AM
2haloz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by biegan97
Hey Guys my name is Brandon and I was handed down a 2002 Lexus GS 300 for my birthday, It runs great and I wanted to get opinions on if I should do stuff with it. It has 200K miles so i'm not to sure if its worth getting nice rims, engine touchups, exhaust system and stuff along those lines, Due to the fact i'm not sure how much life is left! Would really love some feedback!! Thanks

Pictures Here- https://www.clublexus.com/g/album/1220722
From what I understand, 200k miles isn't that bad on these engines. I have a friend who has almost 300k on his and still runs strong. I'm at 180k and plan on investing in mine by doing a little bit to suspension, getting a set of mrr hr2's, and probably a paint job. I'd say go for it.
Old 06-07-14, 05:34 PM
rickstar
Driver School Candidate

Good afternoon, My name is rick and im about to build my gf. 1999 Gs 300 in the vip style. im curretly in los angeles and im looking forward to learning all i can and being part of these forum.
Old 06-07-14, 10:54 PM
GrVitesse
Rookie

Default New Lexus Owner

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you... Liberace Starfighter.

1998 GS400
Diamond Pearl White
Tan interior
Nakamichi audio
RX330 wheels - plastidipped
Plastidipped stock grille

After several months of researching this forum and obsessively scanning classifieds, I picked up this beauty in mint condition with full service records, etc. I've never owned or even driven a car with this combination of power, elegance, and smoothness. I've driven it halfway across the U.S. on two separate occasions now. Even after hours behind the wheel, I didn't want to get out of it.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE