GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-16, 10:04 AM
Jose562
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I'm Jose I have a 1998 Lexus GS 400 from Long Beach California
1. Exterior Color- Diamond Pearl White
2. Interior color choice- tan
3. Major Options or special packages- navigation with 6 cd changer heated seats Xenon headlights spoiler with reverse lights
4. Audio Options-
5. Any modifications-stock
6. Anything you want to mention- second owner original owner kept in great condition kept all the paperwork and serviced by the dealer the original owner was great guy
Old 09-18-16, 04:31 PM
Kinzostyle
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for adding me to this forum.

Kinzo from San Diego CA

Just purchased a 2000 GS300 Platinum Series
1) Exterior: Black
2) Interior: Black
3) Navigation, Touch Screen, Platinum Series Exhaust system, black chrome emblems, Platinum Series badge, Chrome Wheels
4) Stock Audio
5) Performance applications: Alll Stock
6) 5th Owner, 121,464 Miles

I'm planning to do a moderate but functional VIP build
first I have to address all the fluids and preventative maintenance.
I can hear and feel the suspension needs needs work.
Look forward to being part of the community and looking to this forum for recommendations and inspiration.

Let me introduce:

Senji next to her older sister Oboro

Last edited by Kinzostyle; 09-18-16 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-26-16, 09:42 AM
Dazzmn
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello CL, 1st time Lexus owner here! Located in Phoenix, AZ Purchased Black Cherry Pearl 01 GS 430, 128k on clock. I have been looking for a decent one and hopefully I found it!! So far so good, I have a permanent grin whenever I'm behind the wheel. Interior is Black 9/10, standard radio, speakers are still stock and in good working order! I really got lucky and found the 1st 10 years of Service records thru Lexus. My timing chain was done at 75K, brakes and rotor all done. Missing the last 5 years. My plan would be to get lowering springs and some staggered wheels, upgrade stereo and My paint is glossy from a far but close up u can see all the scrapes and scratches of a 15 yr old beauty.

Current issues : Remote will not open 3 doors or lock any. Reading thru the post sound like the actuators? At 80 mph I get a slight vibration on my wheel? I will look into it, could be anything from tires to whatever? Other then a few more minor things. Very happy and satisfied so far!!

Last edited by Dazzmn; 10-01-16 at 12:13 AM. Reason: update
The following users liked this post:
ThomasGS4 (01-01-22)
Old 09-29-16, 10:34 AM
whiteivory
Pole Position

Hola!

I'm back with a JZS and couldn't be happier.
PIcked her up for 1500 CAD (1150 USD) and she's in decent shape, but she needs work.
So here is Jazmine

1. Exterior Color- Black?
2. Interior color choice- Black
3. Major Options or special packages- 6 cd changer heated seats Xenon headlights spoiler
4. Audio Options- Stock
5. Any modifications- stock
6. Anything you want to mention- She makes me happy

Many good things are coming for her, and I'd be more than willing to share it with you guys when the time comes.
I look forward to contributing again to this forum.

So here's a bit of history.
I went Corean (sorry) but here is the ride I'm trying to sell right now.

She served me well; we went across canada and the US.
But I can't believe how a 15 year old car can feel better than a almost brand new corean sports coupe.
Anyway, enough about this little machine.

Here is where it all started for me.

JDM Celsior, 1 of 2 in Montreal at the time.
Loved the thing. was bulletproof, looked good while being comfortable.
Old 10-27-16, 05:53 PM
BoostedVic
Driver School Candidate

dont really own a lexus gs300. im doing a 2jz swap out of a 2000 lexus gs300 into a ford crown victoria and throwing a th400 behind it and some boost. so this 2jz stuff is all new to me , hopefully i will learn alot from this group BoostedVic -2jzswaped
Old 10-27-16, 07:04 PM
Infantry2
Driver School Candidate

Default 99 gs300 fort walton beach fl

Spectra blue mica 99 lexus gs300
Interior is all tan leather
Upgrades are full suspension camber kit strut bars front and back
Turbo kit, upgraded cams and pistons, arp head studs, turbo head gasket, aem fic6 aem wideband, geddy turbo timer, bee r 2 step, 275 rear 235 front, tein electronic dampening coilovers. Greddy bov tial wastegate.
Soon to come, fully built auto trans, 3inch turbo back exhaust.wide body overfenders for the rear and new paint.

Old 11-02-16, 07:57 PM
JamieS29
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2000 GS430 - Newer Member

Hello, been on the board for about a year, never have posted , have had my 2000 GS430 for a year and half. LOVE this car, I have never fallen in love with a car like this before. I know she is not new but she was like brand new when I picked her up!

Unfortunately in April, Fed-ex and I had a run in on my driver's side front fender and it ripped the front bumper off and crumbled the fender. So fast forward to present, she is going to finally be fixed, and back on the road hopefully this month. Lucky I have a parts car so I don't have to go find all the parts I need, and it's Crystal white as well.We are hoping that the paint is a good match and won't have to have a lot of paint work done.

2000 GS430
1. Exterior Color - Crystal White
2. Interior color choice - Tan
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) - N/A
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) - Mark Levinson
5. Any modifications - Tein Street Flex Coilovers, Enkei Raijin's - 18x8-5's in the front, 18-9-5's in the rear. Tinted Windows.
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc) - One owner, garaged it's whole life, only had 76k original miles.
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! - Northern California, Bay Area.

Here are few pictures I could find at the moment of her when I brought her to the few upgrades we did. More to come soon.

Old 11-04-16, 09:45 AM
generalact
Driver School Candidate

Smile Recently got a 1997 ES300 with 175k miles

Hello CL, first time lexus owner here and new to this forum too. I am in Virginia, recently got a 1997 lexus ES300. I am a student on tight budget so got one with 175000 miles on it. I don't know a lot about cars but got this one in decent condition (especially for its age). I do have sound coming from a belt from the left side of the engine bay (left side when i am facing the car from the front). I am don't know which belt it is though, since it is due for a timing belt change i am worried!! Looking forward to interacting with others in the forum. Thank you.
Old 11-10-16, 07:09 PM
somalia757
Driver School Candidate

Whats up guys I have two a BLACK 99 300 AND a Silver 98 both have
I plan to build my BLACK one and sell the silver probably or keep it as my daily as it currently is.
The black one is stock, the silver has Bilstien struts and some jdm lowering springs not bad for a daily.
I want to turbo the stock motor to as much RELIABLE POWER AS POSSIBLE.

Old 11-19-16, 05:44 AM
Ecohman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lurking no more

I have been lurking on the site for some years, & now have finally registered. I drive a white 2002 GS430, and my drives a black 2002 SC. Both cars are currently stock. My GS has 315,000 running great.
Old 11-22-16, 12:21 PM
YoYi
Driver School Candidate

Default New from the caribbean

Jorge from DR.
99 Lexus GS300
Gray with black interior
19 inch replica wedz kranze cerberus 1 (hating them since day one)
Mods done after I got the car:
Aristo swap
Tein SS coilovers
Old 11-30-16, 02:43 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,073 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Originally Posted by Dazzmn
Hello CL, 1st time Lexus owner here! Located in Phoenix, AZ Purchased Black Cherry Pearl 01 GS 430, 128k on clock. I have been looking for a decent one and hopefully I found it!! So far so good, I have a permanent grin whenever I'm behind the wheel. Interior is Black 9/10, standard radio, speakers are still stock and in good working order! I really got lucky and found the 1st 10 years of Service records thru Lexus. My timing chain was done at 75K, brakes and rotor all done. Missing the last 5 years. My plan would be to get lowering springs and some staggered wheels, upgrade stereo and My paint is glossy from a far but close up u can see all the scrapes and scratches of a 15 yr old beauty.

Current issues : Remote will not open 3 doors or lock any. Reading thru the post sound like the actuators? At 80 mph I get a slight vibration on my wheel? I will look into it, could be anything from tires to whatever? Other then a few more minor things. Very happy and satisfied so far!!

That interior is very clean looking!
Old 12-06-16, 03:45 PM
Danni
Driver School Candidate

Smile hi 😊

Hi guys, I'm Danni. Just bought my Lexus GS 400 yesterday....very new to all this as I've always had 4x4's....yep big leap huh?! So basically I'm wanting to continue the improvements and work the previous owner was doing, he's put a lot of money into this car and there's a few things I need to do to finish her off. As it stands it's high gloss black in colour with black leather/wood finish interior. It's got the adjustable coil overs, front/rear strut braces, 3 DVD screens/PlayStation etc, black out curtains, halogen light kit, huge amp, 4 Kicker speakers, 20 inch deep dish rims......that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Ill be stripping her back and wrapping her with grey carbon fiber on the bonnet, and repainting the rest with high gloss black, colour coding the bumper too.
Theres a few extras I want to do as I go along but I'm sure it's gonna be a fun project. I'll need as much advice as I can get as this is very new to me. My late husband was very much into doing up cars, he had an Evo 6 back in 2002 and enjoyed spending copious amounts of money on it ��
But without him here (he passed recently) I'll be doing this on my own so I've joined up here to chat with others and learn as much as I can.
i hope to meet lots of new friends who are likeminded, happy to give advice and patient with newbies ��
Thanks for reading ����

Last edited by Danni; 12-06-16 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 12-06-16, 11:20 PM
surranman
Driver School Candidate

Default new member intro

Proud new owner of a 2000 GS300 w/ 231k miles

1. Exterior Color-Black
2. Interior color choice-Tan
3. Platinum Series badges, bigger exhaust tips, wood trim and shift **** interior, perforated leather seats, although for some reason the rims are Lexus chrome instead of the 7 spoke alloys which is unfortunate because I would like the 7 spoke alloys instead.
4. Unsure about Audio Options it came with, seems they attempted to install a factory NAV radio but failed horribly as it looks like a complete mess behind the NAV. Luckily there was a factory climate control (non NAV) portion in the trunk so I have to try to get that wired in so my heater and AC works, then I'll throw in the Pioneer aftermarket head unit out of my old car (totaled) and possibly the Sub/Amp from it as well.
5. Unsure of any modifications, looks fairly stock with an exception of possible smoked out headlights (kinda looks like previous owner spray painted the inside of the lamp lol).
  • Future mod plans are 2JZGTE swap or Turbo Kit on current motor depending on more research, plastidip all the chrome in matte black (possibly entire car), Keyless entry/push button start, proclip phone mount, smoked tail lights
6. My previous project car was a '02 Infiniti G20, I was rear-ended about a month ago and the adjustor deemed it a total loss to repair the damage so they cut me a $2000 check. I've always loved the Toyota Supra so I decided my next project car would be putting that motor into a sedan (since I have kids) and turns out the 2GS is a perfect fit for what I wanted to do. I bought the 2000 GS300 for $1,975 in Anaheim and made good use of the cruise control stick by driving to Albuquerque and immediately noticed the smooth ride quality and decent power output. This is my first Lexus, and I already love it even before I fix all the little issues:
  • Replace radiator (any recommendations?)
  • Doors don't unlock by switch
  • climate control rewire back to factory
  • install stereo/sub/amp
  • new key fobs (master key doesn't work)
Previous vehicles include '89 Mazda MX6 Turbo, '91 Sentra SE-R, '95 200SX (first car!), '99 Infiniti QX4, '06 Sentra Spec V, '12 Sonata 2.0T, '99 Kawasaki ZX6, and '12 Mazda CX9 (current family car).
7. From Albuquerque, NM
8. I'll post pics when I get a chance
Old 12-07-16, 10:56 AM
skidmarcx
Driver School Candidate

Hi all new guy signing in my name is Mike... picked up a 2000 GS300 with 40k original miles from a family member just recently... couldn't pass up the deal. It's in exceptional condition and I look forward to doing some slight and tasteful mods... also looking forward to looking through some of your builds.

2000 GS300 with 40k original miles
Exterior is white
Interior is beige
Base model nothing special
Window tint on the way
Projector retrofit parts ordered!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE