GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Another new guy...

Old 12-26-13, 04:06 PM
Deadpool88
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new guy...

Thought I would be polite and introduce myself. My name is Brandon and I'm currently living in NW Mississippi (outside Memphis). Picked up an 01 GS300 for a nice quiet daily. Needs some work but I'm working through it as fast as I can. It really is just something to get me to school and work while I work on my Acura. I don't have any plans for it currently, like I said it needs some upkeep done and few repairs but I got it for cheap so it isn't too big of a deal. If anyone is in the area feel free to hit me up.
Old 12-26-13, 05:05 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey there, Brandon!

Congrats on the GS and welcome to Club Lexus
Old 12-26-13, 07:02 PM
Deadpool88
Rookie

Thank you sir!
Old 12-26-13, 07:24 PM
sugzz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the club. Don't worry soon you'll forget about the Acura and start modding the GS.
Old 12-26-13, 07:42 PM
Deadpool88
Rookie

Originally Posted by sugzz
Welcome to the club. Don't worry soon you'll forget about the Acura and start modding the GS.
Would be nice haha, I already have tons of parts piled in the garage for the Acura. At the very least get it swapped/tuned and make it the daily and mod the GS.
Old 12-27-13, 09:45 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

congrats. welcome to the coveted GS side of the tracks
Old 12-27-13, 09:53 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to CL bro! I hope you read allot on here and see what's there for you to embrace. Anything you may need help with concerning your car, it's on here. If you need help, dont be afraid to ask questions. Allot of helpful members. Post pics up of your bad boy!
Old 12-27-13, 10:13 PM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics asap!! Welcome and good luck with the car!
Old 12-27-13, 11:42 PM
Deadpool88
Rookie

It's not totally pic worthy, it has a dent on the hood and front bumper that need fixed asap. Also is nearly pissing oil out from the middle of the engine now. I haven't been under it yet and Im hoping it is just the oil pan gasket. Took the top timing belt cover off and it was dry in there. I figure if the VVTi gear was leaking or cams seals that area would be soaked right? The spark plug galley is damp but no puddles of oil. Timing belt looks to be in good shape, but I know it has not been done in a LONG time, so that is high on the priority list. Also the hood release cable sticks, have to push it in for the hood latch to click, like I said it needs work. I have pics of where I was investigating possible oil leaks tonight.
Attached Thumbnails Another new guy...-2j-timing-belt.jpg   Another new guy...-2j-rear-spark-plug-galley.jpg   Another new guy...-2j-valve-cover.jpg   Another new guy...-2j-wide-water-pump.jpg  
Old 12-28-13, 05:36 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't get too frustrated bro. Just change all your gaskets as a start. Buy em OEM off sewellparts. Oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, etc. If it's STILL leaking after that then you'll need to look else where in the engine. But that should do the job. Also the rubber grommets in the spark plug holes should be replaced as well. Good luck bro! I hope your worries are resolved!
Old 12-28-13, 07:48 PM
Yaboysgs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sugzz
Word I left that honda game n never looked back trust
Me your not bagging up a real lady leaving a club n going out side to a lil civic Or Integra to show off some vtec lol we all grow up I'd build a civic or Integra for a trac car never as a daily then again I'm 30 so it's just how I feel I get a lot more respect in my gs as all my boys say dam you doing big things ...lol good luck my dude welcome to the site..
Old 12-28-13, 07:50 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

welcome to the forums! congrats on the car!
Old 12-28-13, 10:21 PM
Deadpool88
Rookie

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Don't get too frustrated bro. Just change all your gaskets as a start. Buy em OEM off sewellparts. Oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, etc. If it's STILL leaking after that then you'll need to look else where in the engine. But that should do the job. Also the rubber grommets in the spark plug holes should be replaced as well. Good luck bro! I hope your worries are resolved!
Yeah just one thing at a time, will probably get under it Monday and see what is up with it.

Originally Posted by Yaboysgs
Word I left that honda game n never looked back trust
Me your not bagging up a real lady leaving a club n going out side to a lil civic Or Integra to show off some vtec lol we all grow up I'd build a civic or Integra for a trac car never as a daily then again I'm 30 so it's just how I feel I get a lot more respect in my gs as all my boys say dam you doing big things ...lol good luck my dude welcome to the site..
Nah my Integra is just for fun now, but like most things I'll move on. I have some sentiment towards it as we have been through quite a bit together and it had never EVER left me stranded no matter how hard I beat on it. It's been a good damn car.

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
welcome to the forums! congrats on the car!
Thanks man, for sure one of the better forums I have been a part of.
Old 12-28-13, 10:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Welcome to CL...
Old 12-28-13, 10:57 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

welcome and good luck on your start

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another new guy...