GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Jdm Aristo Power Folding Mirrors w/LS600 housing...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-13, 08:05 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Link to these? Or is it top secret?
Old 11-25-13, 08:31 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

no link yet lol?
Old 11-26-13, 01:35 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those mirrors look smooth....... I like em. Do thr mirrors bolt right up? Or is there some modification to make them fit??
Old 11-26-13, 02:46 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mirrors can be found on Yahoo Auctions Japan... just do a search for JZS and LS600... should come up with a few different options as they're quite readily available [in Japan].

No, the mirrors don't bolt right up. They're covers (similar to the ones Nigel sells)... so to use them, you'd have to find either an earlier or later model version of the mirror depending on what year your GS is. Then, also take them apart, swap out them out, and put them back together along with wiring them to work with your turn signals and I believe these also have a puddle lamp built into them.
Old 11-28-13, 03:43 PM
J$mooth23
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Look great!! I was going to get some of those but I didn't see any that had amber turns, only the white and that's no bueno in Europe so I ended up getting the ones Nigel sells.
These have both amber and white.

Originally Posted by neegroy
Got any pics of the button/switch
Pic posted.

Originally Posted by msarahalex
they look good
Thx

Actually, that's a great question: How did you wire them in to work? I remember reading a post where you needed a switched relay/power supply or something along the lines of that. Help a brotha out!!
Not quite sure. Had Tuan from supreme society install it.

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
interesting. i dig em man
Ty sir.

Originally Posted by clos430
Looks good! Anyway you can get the benz looking one's from japan ?
Not that I know of. Nor am I a fan.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
They look great... any link to the mirrors?
I got them from Gill who's a 2gs cl member. He got it thru his connect in Japan.

Originally Posted by mrrhr4
Yes a link would be amazing!
No link but if you or whoever is interested I can contact him directly to order.

Originally Posted by StanTycoon
niceeeee im lovin it!!!!
Me too thx!

Originally Posted by sakataj
probably just a peanut relay and a toggle switch.....maybe wired to close when he turns the car off. very unlikely he used the OEM (well JDM) switch
No jdm switch here. It doesn't open/close when I turn the car on/off. Its wired manually.

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Those are a nice touch
Sure are. I love that they're black to go with my recent black interior conversion.

Originally Posted by JJaySilver
I wish this was a standard on all GS's.
Yea that woulda saved me some $$!

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
How do you find the angle of the RHD mirrors? Are you still able to adjust them enough to get proper vision?
The angles are all different now lol. Driver side is ok but psngr one is hard to see out of.

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Link to these? Or is it top secret?
Should be top secret lol jk. PM me if you'd like to order. That is if he can still get them which I assume he should.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
no link yet lol?
Nope not that I know of. Just PM me for ordering.

Originally Posted by Riksgs808
Those mirrors look smooth....... I like em. Do thr mirrors bolt right up? Or is there some modification to make them fit??
Smooths a perfect word. I had to take the ls covers and swap them onto the jdm aristo mirrors.

The mirrors can be found on Yahoo Auctions Japan... just do a search for JZS and LS600... should come up with a few different options as they're quite readily available [in Japan].

No, the mirrors don't bolt right up. They're covers (similar to the ones Nigel sells)... so to use them, you'd have to find either an earlier or later model version of the mirror depending on what year your GS is. Then, also take them apart, swap out them out, and put them back together along with wiring them to work with your turn signals and I believe these also have a puddle lamp built into them.
Yahoo really? Hm never checked. How much they going for? Yes they do have the puddle lights.
Attached Thumbnails Jdm Aristo Power Folding Mirrors w/LS600 housing...-photo-3-1-.jpg   Jdm Aristo Power Folding Mirrors w/LS600 housing...-photo-4.jpg   Jdm Aristo Power Folding Mirrors w/LS600 housing...-photo-2-1-.jpg   Jdm Aristo Power Folding Mirrors w/LS600 housing...-photo-2-2-.jpg  
Old 01-21-14, 07:21 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Power Folding Mirrors

Hi J$mooth23,

I'm new in this site and am ordering as it is my first day here. How you match or make work the JDM Mirrors Wires with the USA Original Mirrors Wires? I just bought those and I found them in the same color of my car, but I can not do work because the JDM mirrors are just 7 wires and mine has 11 wires? Can you help me with this please. Thank you very much in advance. Mcon0101@yahoo.com
Mike
Old 01-21-14, 05:19 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mcon
Hi J$mooth23,

I'm new in this site and am ordering as it is my first day here. How you match or make work the JDM Mirrors Wires with the USA Original Mirrors Wires? I just bought those and I found them in the same color of my car, but I can not do work because the JDM mirrors are just 7 wires and mine has 11 wires? Can you help me with this please. Thank you very much in advance. Mcon0101@yahoo.com
Mike
Are you just wanting the signal/puddle lamps to light, or are you trying to get the mirror to fold? If it's the latter, then you need to source JDM mirrors as the USDM mirrors do not have the motors for the folding function, only for adjusting the mirror.
Old 01-21-14, 05:44 PM
77i9
Lead Lap

Hi J$mooth23,

Mike
here's a thread for the jdm power folding mirror install
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...install-4.html
Old 01-22-14, 10:26 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Power Folding Mirrors

Hi

Could you tell me where I could connect all 7 JDM wires to the 12 USA wires that my 2GS brings? I'm stock for several days because I could not configure these wires power folding mirrors. I trying to set up as wiring the cables but I can't. I have a GS300 04 and the JDM power Folding Mirrors are from 1998 Aristo. I need help please.

Thanks in advance for the help you can give me.
Old 02-15-14, 01:05 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Hi Guys,

I installing the JDM Power folding mirrors motors on my original USDA frame mirrors. WHATTTTTTTTTTT???? Yesssssssss, I installing the folding motor in my original mirrors frame and did not lose any of the futures of my mirrors. As the heated mirrors, memory, movement, diam. I start remove the mirrors of each frame (JDM and USAD) mirrors. After take the mirrors out, I take the base out of each one, get the base that use a spring of my original mirror 9USAD), then remove the motor from the Japanese mirror and transfer it to the USAD Mirror Frame. EVERYTHING FITS INTO THE PLACE OR POSITION WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. What I do not like the whole process was having to cut the wires of each mirror to TRANSFER the MOTOR to the original USAD mirror FRAME. The reason for this is, that all the wires pass through the center of THE MOTOR and THE BASE SPING of the original mirror and you need to transfer THE MOTOR FOLDING MIRROR to the original Mirror FRAME.

NOTE: Cut all the wires close as you can to the MALE PLUG and then connect them back of the easiest way for you. I connect back all the wires of my mirror with my BUTT CONNECTORS and it became easier that way for me. I tell you this guys because that way you won’t have problems installing the interior door panel back to the door with the wires on the way of the panel door. That way all the mirrors cables do not interfere when you installing the door panel back. But YESSSSSSSSSSS, you can transfer the FOLDING MOTOR to the ORIGINAL FRAME USAD MIRRORS. I not has time to install the ORIGINAL switch get, but I can make work with the mirrors. :-)
I use the DPDT Switch to open or close the mirrors. You can buy on eBay. So, runs and buy this JDM Power Folding Mirrors on eBay and enjoy your folding mirrors as well as I'm doing. :-)
Old 04-05-21, 08:31 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Hi Guys,

I installing the JDM Power folding mirrors motors on my original USDA frame mirrors. WHATTTTTTTTTTT???? Yesssssssss, I installing the folding motor in my original mirrors frame and did not lose any of the futures of my mirrors. As the heated mirrors, memory, movement, diam. I start remove the mirrors of each frame (JDM and USAD) mirrors. After take the mirrors out, I take the base out of each one, get the base that use a spring of my original mirror 9USAD), then remove the motor from the Japanese mirror and transfer it to the USAD Mirror Frame. EVERYTHING FITS INTO THE PLACE OR POSITION WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. What I do not like the whole process was having to cut the wires of each mirror to TRANSFER the MOTOR to the original USAD mirror FRAME. The reason for this is, that all the wires pass through the center of THE MOTOR and THE BASE SPING of the original mirror and you need to transfer THE MOTOR FOLDING MIRROR to the original Mirror FRAME.

NOTE: Cut all the wires close as you can to the MALE PLUG and then connect them back of the easiest way for you. I connect back all the wires of my mirror with my BUTT CONNECTORS and it became easier that way for me. I tell you this guys because that way you won’t have problems installing the interior door panel back to the door with the wires on the way of the panel door. That way all the mirrors cables do not interfere when you installing the door panel back. But YESSSSSSSSSSS, you can transfer the FOLDING MOTOR to the ORIGINAL FRAME USAD MIRRORS. I not has time to install the ORIGINAL switch get, but I can make work with the mirrors. :-)
I use the DPDT Switch to open or close the mirrors. You can buy on eBay. So, runs and buy this JDM Power Folding Mirrors on eBay and enjoy your folding mirrors as well as I'm doing. :-)
The above information is unfounded. Yes, this is an old thread but to clear this up there is no way that you can switch the JDM mirror folding mechanism into the USDM “frame”. There is no provision for the gearing in the USDM mirrors. Adjustment between the JDM drivers side mirror and the USDM driver’s side mirror lies within the mirror base. Not the “frame” and that is not interchangeable either. Unless Toyota changed the mirror base during the refresh model years (and if they did please post pics) the above info is false.
here is a pic showing how both the JDM and the USDM mirrors are different.
You can however switch the JDM mirror mechanism and frame into a USDM housing if you wish but it would be pointless. As final mirror position relative to drivers and passengers side lies within the mirror.
I’m currently working on my set of JDM mirrors and am going to check if I can switch mirror bases between driver and passenger.