GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

MRR HR3 on 00 GS400 fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 12:54 PM
Gs400blk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MRR HR3 on 00 GS400 fitment question

Looking to install some MRR HR3 wheels on my GS and would like to gather some info for fitment purposes.Wheels are 20in 8.5 with a + 35 up front and 9.5 + 40 rear.I plan on rolling the finders and cutting the rear quarters put I don't want to do any pulling of the body.Car is sitting on Megan EZs as of now besides that all stock.My question is what tire sz should I run for a nice stretch look but that would work for daily use and what sz adapter should I buy to bring the wheels out some since the offset is so high on them.I have a company close by that makes spacers/adapter so getting them is not an issue.Im going to post a few pictures of how my car sits now on IS wheels,how it sits with the MRR installed on rears and a google picture of how I want it to look.

My goal

Last edited by Gs400blk; 11-11-13 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-11-13, 02:33 PM
Sampak
Pole Position

I tried to turn my head upside down for pic #2 but then blood rushed into my brain and I passed out.

However, if you really, really want to ruin the under carriage, destroy your ball joints, endlinks, and pretty much anything at the limits of its range with an extreme drop, cut up the fender/pull out and all that fun, and have a ride quality of a bouncy ricer Civic (speaking from experience) where every bump sounds like it'll break something on the car, then go for those giant lead wheels. Otherwise your current wheels would look nice and sporty, if you fixed the camber and/or raised the car up just a tad. But to each his own..

Actually, f that. That's impractical as a DD and that's what I'm sticking to LOL. I'm sure someone will chime in with the recommended spacing and stretched tire size (gag).
Old 11-11-13, 04:01 PM
mrrhr4
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey i have those same wheels. 20x9.5 all-around with a +40 offset. Im tucking in the rear with no fender mods. The fronts are rolled. These wheels look awesome on the GS my tires are 225/35/20 its a nice stretch. Heres some pics of my car with the wheels theres alot of pics threw out the thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...els-picss.html
Old 11-11-13, 04:19 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Sampak
I tried to turn my head upside down for pic #2 but then blood rushed into my brain and I passed out.

However, if you really, really want to ruin the under carriage, destroy your ball joints, endlinks, and pretty much anything at the limits of its range with an extreme drop, cut up the fender/pull out and all that fun, and have a ride quality of a bouncy ricer Civic (speaking from experience) where every bump sounds like it'll break something on the car, then go for those giant lead wheels. Otherwise your current wheels would look nice and sporty, if you fixed the camber and/or raised the car up just a tad. But to each his own..

Actually, f that. That's impractical as a DD and that's what I'm sticking to LOL. I'm sure someone will chime in with the recommended spacing and stretched tire size (gag).
I think we might be best friends.
Old 11-12-13, 06:02 AM
Gs400blk
Rookie

Lmao I have no idea y that pic is upside down,but I knew this was coming I love the look now but I don't plan on selling my IS wheels just want a different set to roll on for a few months to change it up a bit. I bought the MRRs for 600 so just a cheap way to change the look until I can get my hands on a clean set of REAL wheels.And I don't plan on pulling body so it's not like I will be stuck with a aggressive/big wheel look.
Old 11-12-13, 06:06 AM
Gs400blk
Rookie

Originally Posted by mrrhr4
Hey i have those same wheels. 20x9.5 all-around with a +40 offset. Im tucking in the rear with no fender mods. The fronts are rolled. These wheels look awesome on the GS my tires are 225/35/20 its a nice stretch. Heres some pics of my car with the wheels theres alot of pics threw out the thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...els-picss.html
Thanks bro your car looks good wish I had that finish over the chrome.Do you rub at all in the front.
Old 11-12-13, 06:12 AM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hyper-dramatic post these cars are not made to handle well anyway, it weighs like a tank, may as well go for a look that you like. My car rides near stock on coilovers, no passenger has ever complained or even commented on the ride quality, and any of my friends who have coils on their car are amazed mine is on coils. That said i do have like a half finger gap. and sunk maybe 1.5mm in

Last edited by Ava92; 11-12-13 at 06:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-12-13, 06:41 AM
mrrhr4
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gs400blk
Thanks bro your car looks good wish I had that finish over the chrome.Do you rub at all in the front.
Np man and the chrome looks good too man. But i do when i hit big pot holes and when ever i turn the wheel pretty far hahahahha but its worth it to me!
Old 11-12-13, 08:32 AM
Sampak
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ava92
Hyper-dramatic post these cars are not made to handle well anyway, it weighs like a tank, may as well go for a look that you like. My car rides near stock on coilovers, no passenger has ever complained or even commented on the ride quality, and any of my friends who have coils on their car are amazed mine is on coils. That said i do have like a half finger gap. and sunk maybe 1.5mm in
Well I guess I just wanted to get my opinion and experience out there, because I'm sort of paying the price of the previous owner's choice to run tard-mode wheels and suspension settings, and ruining the fender lines and paint chips for about 12,000 miles. The long term damage to the car (most cars) that is not designed to be driven around with its ball joints near their travel limits does not seem to be something most modders seem to be aware of or take into consideration when setting out for that VIP look or whatever it's called. There might be a way to do this without sacrificing the car's suspension and undercarriage (adjustable suspension/air bag setup?) while driving, but a fixed drop with coil overs that LOW to the ground is nothing but insanity, not to mention you have no more room for suspension travel and will destroy the exhaust if it's not tucked up if you hit any humps or dips, and blasting the top of the upper control arms into the body every time it bottoms out over a small nook running across the road, or the fun negotiating a tiny speed bump in a mall lot.

But I understand everyone has their tastes, and I suppose some make the choice to trash the car long term for the 'look' and then pass it along to the next sucker when they've had their fill, while others like myself go the financially safer route and think long term while compromising just a little bit toward looks and performance.

Bla bla bla I'm blabbering now. Sorry for the derail, but it's done.

Last edited by Sampak; 11-12-13 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-13-13, 06:35 AM
Gs400blk
Rookie

To each its own.
Bump