GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Car is too fast but not fast enough? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 04:04 PM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are the worst bench racer I've encountered on the internet. And that's saying a lot.

I'm glad you like your car. I'm glad you think it's fast. Maybe you should leave it at that.

And maybe I should stop feeding the troll.
Old 11-11-13, 04:08 PM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sampak
It can't be gearing on the GS4's part to compensate for weight, because it pulls in just over 65 MPH at the top of 2nd gear, much like my previous Altima.
Power under the curve, my friend. Power under the curve. The V8 just has more of it and that offsets it's superior girth.
Old 11-11-13, 04:14 PM
Sampak
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mk2tmr2
Power under the curve, my friend. Power under the curve. The V8 just has more of it and that offsets it's superior girth.
Yeah, you're probably right. I've yet to better understand how the torque curve affects acceleration at certain speeds/loads, even though HP already indicates the product of said torque@RPM. Seeing as how the 1UZ has about 57 peak ft-lbs more on my Altima's VQ35 (peaked @259 I believe) its power band is probably sufficiently enough to bring it up to speed (similar 0-60mph/ET times) despite it's lardy chassis.
Old 11-11-13, 04:16 PM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sampak
Yeah, you're probably right. I've yet to better understand how the torque curve affects acceleration at certain speeds/loads, even though HP already indicates the product of said torque@RPM. Seeing as how the 1UZ has about 57 peak ft-lbs more on my Altima's VQ35 (peaked @259 I believe) its power band is probably sufficiently enough to bring it up to speed (similar 0-60mph/ET times) despite it's lardy chassis.
The nail. You just struck it squarely on it's noggin.
Old 11-11-13, 05:30 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raytseng
I will translate.
Just substitute car as an extension of the OP's manhood, and street race as a ***** measuring contest.
Every car is a reflection of the the ***** length of the driver. But you don't know the actual length of the other driver until you do a measurement, i.e., race.

He is saying that that the only people who want to measure penises with him are drivers who have small penises; and in his Lexus since he is expected to have the longer *****, so if he gets in a ***** measuring contest, he has nothing to gain; just something to lose.

But at the same time the "big boys" whom he thinks are showing off with longer penises, won't accept his invitation measure their penises with him, and he is sad that even if one accepts his challenge and gets into such a measurement contest , he may turn out to have the shorter ***** and will be sad.

(OP: hope you have a sense of humor and laugh this one off, don't get angry or mad)

That's why I said go autocross, where there's a book that tells you exactly what class your car is in; so you are competing on the same "level" and you have a stopwatch time telling you who is faster.
Lol this just made my day.. I could never be mad at that. Am just a little upset that most of the people that posted states that they are confused, when they are not.... Cause i know it was not that hard to catch on too. If you were able to understand i dont know why theu couldnt. If my car is fast but not fast enought and i cant hang with the big boys but can take out ricers. Obviously im saying that my average ***** is attracting little ***** competitors and im sad i cant keep up with the big dicks. As for street racing, im not trippen cause i know i didnt put anyones lives in danger and took place where no pedestrians ever are at. I know a guy in his 60s who street races his gallardo, ford gt and his e55 with a brabus pulley upgrade, every weekend. And i wouldnt call him immature for it. I just posted 4 links of people talking about a race that took place on the streets, and none of them were bashed for it. I wasnt surprised i was since most people who can afford a lexus worked hard to get where they are at so that where there eeegoooo and proving their maturity comes in so im not mad about that. But im not changing my mind set since it has worked for me since i was 15 and has kept my driving record squeaky clean, i only had 1 ticket that i successfully beat, u have no choice but to speed up when someone in front of you with a bagged truck tests out his drag blocks lol all i gotta say is there is nothing with a little street fun. People need to loosen up. I bought a performance sedan for a reason lol. If you have a gs400/430 and dont have a little fun then stop wasting gas and buy a prius
Old 11-11-13, 05:36 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mk2tmr2
You are the worst bench racer I've encountered on the internet. And that's saying a lot.

I'm glad you like your car. I'm glad you think it's fast. Maybe you should leave it at that.

And maybe I should stop feeding the troll.
I doubt im the worst youv ever encountered. U cant judge someone off the info u read on the internet. But i am one for now! Just until i get enough fuel management info to install this vortech i got!
Old 11-11-13, 08:32 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

haha, don't get mad bro.

I have to say you did somewhat ask for it posting in a general forum.

There is a reason that there is a subforum for racing and race stories. If you don't want haters hatin' on your awesome race stories, do your posting over there.
Old 11-11-13, 08:41 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
I doubt im the worst youv ever encountered. U cant judge someone off the info u read on the internet. But i am one for now! Just until i get enough fuel management info to install this vortech i got!
15 second car. 0-60 6 secs.

Old 11-11-13, 10:13 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

4 pages of waste and counting. Where is the moderator to close this thread?!
Old 11-12-13, 07:17 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
15 second car. 0-60 6 secs.

Lol now your just talkin ****. Especially on the gs, For no reason... Get a girlfriend and lighten up bro. U gotta be bored to have an IS and looking through gs threads. Im not even going to bother arguing with you.. Cause i know u feel u safe behind that computer screen. Lol i know for a fact u would NOT say anything to my face.
Old 11-12-13, 07:32 AM
luda42688
Lead Lap

I only race cars that will blow my doors off, and by race i mean tease them so they gun it and I just watch

Take it to the track if you want to race.
Old 11-12-13, 08:00 AM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

A well maintained GS runs low to mid 14's and 0-60 a tad under 6 secs. That's not bad for a 15 year old luxury boat.
Old 11-12-13, 10:26 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
Lol now your just talkin ****. Especially on the gs, For no reason... Get a girlfriend and lighten up bro. U gotta be bored to have an IS and looking through gs threads. Im not even going to bother arguing with you.. Cause i know u feel u safe behind that computer screen. Lol i know for a fact u would NOT say anything to my face.
hehe, im justt messing but im pretty sure i would say it to your face.
Old 11-12-13, 10:36 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
hehe, im justt messing but im pretty sure i would say it to your face.
Nah.. Your not messin. And im sure i will see u one day at a meet cause i will eventually get an isf when i can pick one up under 30k. As for now, i dont want no problems. We are all friends here
Old 11-12-13, 05:36 PM
StaticGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raytseng
I will translate.
Just substitute car as an extension of the OP's manhood, and street race as a ***** measuring contest.
Every car is a reflection of the the ***** length of the driver. But you don't know the actual length of the other driver until you do a measurement, i.e., race.

He is saying that that the only people who want to measure penises with him are drivers who have small penises; and in his Lexus since he is expected to have the longer *****, so if he gets in a ***** measuring contest, he has nothing to gain; just something to lose.

But at the same time the "big boys" whom he thinks are showing off with longer penises, won't accept his invitation measure their penises with him, and he is sad that even if one accepts his challenge and gets into such a measurement contest , he may turn out to have the shorter ***** and will be sad.

(OP: hope you have a sense of humor and laugh this one off, don't get angry or mad)

That's why I said go autocross, where there's a book that tells you exactly what class your car is in; so you are competing on the same "level" and you have a stopwatch time telling you who is faster.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M DONE. Haven't bursted out laughing off a forum post for a while. Kudos LOL.

Quick Reply: Car is too fast but not fast enough? Anyone?