GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Found an Amsoil Air Filter that fits the GS400

Old 05-15-13, 04:55 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Found an Amsoil Air Filter that fits the GS400

I dug around and found the 1995 BMW 540/740 air filter is almost identical in size to the stock GS400 filter. It has far more pleats, you have to squeeze it in a little, but it does fit pretty well.

I'll take picts if anyone is interested.
Old 05-15-13, 07:47 PM
rwheelz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a paper filter?
Old 05-15-13, 08:29 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

It is some sort of nanofiber, it looks paper like, But it seems different than a paper filter in feel. Thicker for sure.

I looked up the filter on wixfilters.com, and found the dimensions, and then looked up the list of the amsoil filters on amsoil.com, they have a link there that shows all the filters they have dimensions. I found one that was very very close...

Originally Posted by rwheelz
Is it a paper filter?
Old 05-16-13, 12:27 AM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

FANTASTIC FIND!! Great work!!

Now how about a catalog number for us Amsoil Preferred Customers?? Is it the EAA239?

Pic of the installed filter too, if you can.

Again...great find!!
Old 05-16-13, 09:53 AM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Yup that's the one. The stock filter element is angled slightly, and this one is made for a straight box, so you have to put 3 of the corners in and tuck the element in for the last, then as you put the top on, just simply tuck the soft rubber square corners into the rounded Lexus air box. Works well, probably took me 2-3 min to install. Nothing to it.

I'll see if I can get some pictures later on.

Originally Posted by RRocket
FANTASTIC FIND!! Great work!!

Now how about a catalog number for us Amsoil Preferred Customers?? Is it the EAA239?

Pic of the installed filter too, if you can.

Again...great find!!
Old 05-16-13, 06:33 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice. I found an Amsoil hi efficiency dry-flo filter (for my K&N intake) about 3 years ago and have had it on my car ever since. I actually went up in size but still fits the car fine. Larger surface area/volume = more airflow and better power.
Old 05-16-13, 07:59 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

I've switched to syn media filters. The absolute BEST of the best.
Old 05-16-13, 08:14 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

This is my first one.
Old 05-16-13, 08:30 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

^^^I don't think this filter is syn material. The only ones that I know off the top of my head is K&N, Fram Xtended Guard, and Napa Platinum. It's a long oci filter.
Old 05-16-13, 08:38 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

From what amsoil's website says it is synthetic element. K&N is cotton gauze. Likely organic.

AMSOIL Ea® Air Filters represent a major breakthrough in filtration technology. The revolutionary synthetic technology used in AMSOIL Ea Filters captures more dirt, holds more dirt and allows better air flow than conventional air filters. AMSOIL Ea Filters can improve engine performance and help engines last longer.

Absolute Efficiency
AMSOIL Ea Air Filters rank among the most efficient filters available to the auto/lighttruck market. Ea Air Filters’ synthetic media removes 5 times more dust than traditional cellulose media alone and 50 times more dust than wet gauze filter media. AMSOIL Ea Air Filters have a service life of 100,000 miles or four years, whichever comes first.

Better Air Flow
AMSOIL Ea Air Filters allow more airflow than filters that use cellulose media alone. Cellulose fibers are larger than synthetic fibers, and have larger spaces between the fibers, causing contaminants to load in the depth of the media and plug the airflow path, which results in higher restriction and less capacity. The synthetic fibers in Ea Filter media have submicron diameters and small interfiber spaces, which result in more contaminants being captured on the surface of the media and lower restriction.

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
^^^I don't think this filter is syn material. The only ones that I know off the top of my head is K&N, Fram Xtended Guard, and Napa Platinum. It's a long oci filter.
Old 05-17-13, 09:08 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by RamAirRckt
From what amsoil's website says it is synthetic element. K&N is cotton gauze. Likely organic.

AMSOIL Ea® Air Filters represent a major breakthrough in filtration technology. The revolutionary synthetic technology used in AMSOIL Ea Filters captures more dirt, holds more dirt and allows better air flow than conventional air filters. AMSOIL Ea Filters can improve engine performance and help engines last longer.

Absolute Efficiency
AMSOIL Ea Air Filters rank among the most efficient filters available to the auto/lighttruck market. Ea Air Filters’ synthetic media removes 5 times more dust than traditional cellulose media alone and 50 times more dust than wet gauze filter media. AMSOIL Ea Air Filters have a service life of 100,000 miles or four years, whichever comes first.

Better Air Flow
AMSOIL Ea Air Filters allow more airflow than filters that use cellulose media alone. Cellulose fibers are larger than synthetic fibers, and have larger spaces between the fibers, causing contaminants to load in the depth of the media and plug the airflow path, which results in higher restriction and less capacity. The synthetic fibers in Ea Filter media have submicron diameters and small interfiber spaces, which result in more contaminants being captured on the surface of the media and lower restriction.
I forgot to add M1 filters to this list. Cool. Well you have a well made filter then. When I run syn oil, I use syn oil.