GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

keep or sell?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-13, 10:58 AM
chuvy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keep or sell?

I have a 99 GS3, diamond white pearl, tan interior, 01+ tail lights, GS350 wheels, kenwood DNX7 with ALL the goodies, and well I got it really cheap like this a yr 1/2 ago. I come from the nissan world, silvia's, and was content until recently. I want a black GS with black interior or a SD with black interior. I considered just swapping out to black interior and swapping out a steering wheel but that would just put me at the price of what i could buy one if i sold my GS. When i first purchased it I bought another set of shocks with H&R lowering spring and some staggered 19" ro_jas's with new tires. I prefer the nice, stock look and have not done anything to it until recently when I installed the wheels just for kicks so i can sell them a.

I would just buy another the way i want it but just recently purchased an escalade so I can't have too many cars, also have a civic. Should i keep it or sell it to get what i want? My future plans are to boost or swap, and have the widest with lowest offset wheels in the rear.

pics to give you guys an idea of how the car looks. pics were to post up for sale as well lol.

Old 05-13-13, 11:07 AM
chuvy
Driver School Candidate

oh and the Ro_ja are nice. they are super light and can notice the difference when driving or turning
Old 05-13-13, 11:33 AM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking car!
Old 05-13-13, 12:08 PM
chuvy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AZTurbo
Nice looking car!
Thanks. That's why it's kinda hard to decide. Not many pearl white GS for sale and the SD is just perrrrrty.
Old 05-13-13, 12:50 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks to be a straight and clean car. Always a plus when its time to sell. Molested rolled fenders aftermarket headlights/ wheels etc. etc. are always a sign of abuse to most potential buyers who would be looking at a car like this to purchase. If you want to sell it then I'd say do it now before you start modding it. I always hold on to all the stock parts and never do anything to a car that can't be reversed for when its time to sell. You should have no problem selling it. Goodluck
Old 05-13-13, 01:07 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

keep it man. interior looks flawless
Old 05-13-13, 01:29 PM
chuvy
Driver School Candidate

I am considering keeping it but like I said, the sport design is just pweeety. What do you guys think this car is worth with 162k and clear tittle? With stock wheels of course. I'm thinking of selling the ro_ja for cheap if I decide to sell car
Old 05-13-13, 01:30 PM
SteeveJobs
Driver

the car looks very clean. i would keep it.
Old 05-13-13, 02:01 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chuvy
I have a 99 GS3, diamond white pearl, tan interior, 01+ tail lights, GS350 wheels, kenwood DNX7 with ALL the goodies, and well I got it really cheap like this a yr 1/2 ago. I come from the nissan world, silvia's, and was content until recently. I want a black GS with black interior or a SD with black interior. I considered just swapping out to black interior and swapping out a steering wheel but that would just put me at the price of what i could buy one if i sold my GS. When i first purchased it I bought another set of shocks with H&R lowering spring and some staggered 19" ro_jas's with new tires. I prefer the nice, stock look and have not done anything to it until recently when I installed the wheels just for kicks so i can sell them a.

I would just buy another the way i want it but just recently purchased an escalade so I can't have too many cars, also have a civic. Should i keep it or sell it to get what i want? My future plans are to boost or swap, and have the widest with lowest offset wheels in the rear.
I think it's subjective. How bad do you want a black exterior/interior car? SD? Depending on how cheap you got your white one for, maybe you could make some money selling it?

Having done a tan to black interior swap, I'd say sell it and get a SD in the color combo you want. Don't get me wrong. A swap isn't that difficult. I LOVE my interior, but I'll never love my gold exterior. It's tolerable, especially considering the price I got it for, but it's no black, indigo ink, or graphite gray!!

Look at pics of white gs' with black interior, and see what you think. If you want to make the decision easy. Check out some of Jeff Tsai's videos. He'll make anyone want a bewsted SD!!

After seeing his vids, and learning that he's local to me, I've seriously considered selling my 400 and buying an SD and bewsting it!! An 800 hp daily driven SD, that'll pass emission inspection, is THE shizz!!

EDIT: BTW, welcome to the club!!!
Old 05-13-13, 06:02 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blanco
Look at pics of white gs' with black interior, and see what you think. If you want to make the decision easy. Check out some of Jeff Tsai's videos. He'll make anyone want a bewsted SD!!

After seeing his vids, and learning that he's local to me, I've seriously considered selling my 400 and buying an SD and bewsting it!! An 800 hp daily driven SD, that'll pass emission inspection, is THE shizz!!
I love how Jeff has most people on these boards totally brainwashed. First of all it will cost you more than twice the price of the car to make a reliable 800hp and do you really think that's his daily driver? The guy has like 10 cars.

O.P I say sell your car and get the SD that you really want. You can swap out to black interior but deep down you'll know that you still don't have a sport design. If you're lucky to get a sale for your white car, take your time and find a nice 03 since they're the nicer of the two.
Old 05-13-13, 06:32 PM
chuvy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blanco
I think it's subjective. How bad do you want a black exterior/interior car? SD? Depending on how cheap you got your white one for, maybe you could make some money selling it?

Having done a tan to black interior swap, I'd say sell it and get a SD in the color combo you want. Don't get me wrong. A swap isn't that difficult. I LOVE my interior, but I'll never love my gold exterior. It's tolerable, especially considering the price I got it for, but it's no black, indigo ink, or graphite gray!!

EDIT: BTW, welcome to the club!!!
Jeff is local to me as well. I contacted him so I could chat with him more in regards to this but I haven't had time with a third child just born. I've also been part of the club for more than a yr now lol.

Originally Posted by puff
I love how Jeff has most people on these boards totally brainwashed. First of all it will cost you more than twice the price of the car to make a reliable 800hp and do you really think that's his daily driver? The guy has like 10 cars.

O.P I say sell your car and get the SD that you really want. You can swap out to black interior but deep down you'll know that you still don't have a sport design. If you're lucky to get a sale for your white car, take your time and find a nice 03 since they're the nicer of the two.
I actually found an 03 SD, 2nd owner, service records, well taken care off, and near me at, what I think, is a good price. The exact same thing that you wrote is what I've been thinking as well but it just made more sense when someone else said it. Looks like I'm going to sell it and will be on Craigslist in a bit.

Thanks for your input guys. Wish I could sell it here but I don't have the posts lol.
Old 05-13-13, 06:56 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chuvy
Thanks for your input guys. Wish I could sell it here but I don't have the posts lol.
You should be able to post in the Lexus vehicle classifieds. I don't think you need a specific post count to list your car foe sale in there.
Old 05-13-13, 07:15 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id say keep it. i want to get rid my black/black gs to get white/black gs. how many miles?
Old 05-13-13, 07:51 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Keep it, man! It's nice and clean
Old 05-13-13, 07:54 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sell the civic and the escalade ... Buy a 2006 LS430 UL. ^_^

Quick Reply: keep or sell?