It took me a while but I finally finished my Q45 retrofit. I will try to make this short and sweet and there will be steps that I'm not going to go too in depth as it has been covered in another thread. There will steps that others might have done differently or better but I will only cover what I did.
1.) Opened the headlight assembly
- removed the small screws that holds the lens
- preheated the oven at 325 degress F for 15 minutes
- put the headlight assembly in the oven for 15 minutes
- took it out and popped the lens off, making sure that the glue/sealant did not get on the
2.) Removed the bezel
- removed 1 screw located between the turn signal and the hi beam
3.) Removed the lo beam bowl
4.) Installed the Luxurymod brackets on the Q45 reflectors and transfered some parts from the oem reflector bowl to the Luxurymod brackets.
5.) Installed the Q45 reflector back into the assembly (reverse of the reflector bowl removal)
6.) Had to make a cut on the bezel
7.) Painted the bezel aluminum
8.) Installed the bezel back into the assembly and put the lens back on (again, reverse of the removal process).
10.) The back of the reflector is now sticking out too far to be able to use the cap. So I came up with this using a 3" dia. Corex external coupling from Home Depot, part #096942300100.
11.) Installed on the car