GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sporadic Knock Sensor P0325 CEL

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-14, 04:16 PM
mrsambiluv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High RPMS After sensors replaced

I just had my knock sensors replaced and I am revving at 500-1000rpms higher than normal. I have 208K miles on my GS430. Recently had fuel injection cleaning etc, etc. Is this normal??? My car did sit for about 4 weeks because the aftermarket sensors kicked the code again but for bank 1 and bank 2 where the original code was for only bank 1 and some other abs module codes. I have only driven the car about 30 miles since replacecment, just seems weird to me. Any thoughts or ideas???

Originally Posted by 02Legend
I found OEM sensors on eBay and bought them there. Granted it only saved me about $20, give or take a few dollars depending on shipping. You can get them for $90 each on Sewell after you create an account and use your username here, you'll get a discount. Mine have been in the car since since April and have had no problems at all. The first thing I did notice after changing them was that my gas mileage increased by about 2mpg. Not saying you will get the same results but I was told at one point that my car was running rich but the dealer could not tell me why or what sensor at the time, but I believe it was the knock sensor since now my mileage is better.
Old 09-20-14, 07:12 PM
02Legend
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsambiluv
I just had my knock sensors replaced and I am revving at 500-1000rpms higher than normal. I have 208K miles on my GS430. Recently had fuel injection cleaning etc, etc. Is this normal??? My car did sit for about 4 weeks because the aftermarket sensors kicked the code again but for bank 1 and bank 2 where the original code was for only bank 1 and some other abs module codes. I have only driven the car about 30 miles since replacecment, just seems weird to me. Any thoughts or ideas???
When you mention revving are you talking about the engine idle when the car warms up after starting? I am not sure, I would find out exactly what the other codes are so you can have some kind of idea.

Strangely I just got a knock sensor code on my car again recently. Traveled out of state for a week and got back, started the car and bank 2 sensor code came up. Gas tank was at 1/4, on the way home I filled up and let the car sit over night and the code was gone. Oddly enough once the tank reached 1/4 again, the light came back on but went away after filling up.
Old 10-12-14, 08:24 AM
mrsambiluv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does idle high when I first start the car, but once I put it in gear, the rpms go back down. When I'm driving, I rev at about 2 rpms up to 50 then it dropa down to maybe 1.5. I did have my transmission checked out and AAMCO said it was in good shape.

The other code was for abs control module. The light is still off, and she drives good pick up is a little slower just a tad, but she moves. Also saw a significant increase in gas mileage...

Originally Posted by 02Legend
When you mention revving are you talking about the engine idle when the car warms up after starting? I am not sure, I would find out exactly what the other codes are so you can have some kind of idea.

Strangely I just got a knock sensor code on my car again recently. Traveled out of state for a week and got back, started the car and bank 2 sensor code came up. Gas tank was at 1/4, on the way home I filled up and let the car sit over night and the code was gone. Oddly enough once the tank reached 1/4 again, the light came back on but went away after filling up.
Old 10-12-14, 09:24 AM
brainsurge
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I also had a knock sensor fail on my 01 gs 430 recently. fault could be cleared but kept coming back.
so i got a replacement sensor from rockauto for around 130$ and changed it myself.
If you have trouble with your idle afterwards, check the intake manifold for leaks. you can also see it with an obd adapter, that your short term fuel trip increases to >25%.
i would also check the rest of the intake for leaks. during replacement i also changed gaskets on intake manifold and throttle body and the rear water bypass, because i took the change to overhaul the starter.
The following users liked this post:
Pushi74 (07-28-23)