GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-16, 11:11 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did my annual fall detailing...love the Zaino!

Not bad for a '02, I need to get rid of the aging clear bra on the front though.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GS today?-img_1816.jpg   What did you do to your GS today?-img_1820.jpg   What did you do to your GS today?-img_1821.jpg  
Old 10-17-16, 04:35 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That actually looks sharp I like it . Nice and clean

Originally Posted by maverick77
Been seeing these on eBay for a while and finally couldn't help myself and got a set of these aluminum pedals with rubber backing for my 2GS, what the heck... for only $26. A quick little weekend project....I thought it would only take me about 1hr to put these in... ended up taking over 2.5 hours cuz I had to take the lower part of the dash off to get my drill up high enough for the correct angle that I needed to drill the holes at for the brake pedal. I know it's not for everyone's taste but I think it turned out pretty good IMO.

Not a bad looking sight to be greeted by this at night when I get into my ride.....
Old 10-18-16, 05:05 PM
maverick77
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks nyc80ric!
Old 10-19-16, 07:09 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the pedals and they do make a huge visual difference.

Kinda a pain in the *** to clean though.....
Old 10-19-16, 01:13 PM
Hayce
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Got new sway bar bushes in front and rear and these suckers too

Old 10-19-16, 02:23 PM
maverick77
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
I have the pedals and they do make a huge visual difference.

Kinda a pain in the *** to clean though.....
Yea... I'm not looking forward to the cleaning part either... I guess I'll be saving some old toothbrushes for that job! Ahhhh... all for the sake of looks!
Old 10-19-16, 02:30 PM
maverick77
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hayce
Got new sway bar bushes in front and rear and these suckers too

Awesome!!!! I saw those on Enjuku Racking's site too couldn't bring myself to spending that kinda cash but I did get a set of the SPC arms instead for the lower price and the fact that you can also adjust the caster on the SPC but they don't look as nice nor have the ease of adjustability as these thou...
Old 10-19-16, 07:57 PM
English66
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Changed Battery today. Put in a Yellow top from Optima
Old 10-19-16, 09:18 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

Bought new front wheel bearings, new centric premium rotors, figs superpro caster arm bushings, and going to order some serial nine arms tommorow.
Old 10-20-16, 09:45 PM
Hayce
Driver

Originally Posted by maverick77
Awesome!!!! I saw those on Enjuku Racking's site too couldn't bring myself to spending that kinda cash but I did get a set of the SPC arms instead for the lower price and the fact that you can also adjust the caster on the SPC but they don't look as nice nor have the ease of adjustability as these thou...
I got them direct. They're a nice piece. Easy to adjust. They're quite noisey so consider that. They'll give you plenty of camber though.. I can't max them out as it hits the air bag but to give you some idea..

Wheel is 9.5" +22, hope that helps someone.
Old 10-20-16, 10:02 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Are those the only arms you got Hayce? Quite nosey you say hrmm i'm considering buying the whole lineup from serial nine.
Old 10-20-16, 11:39 PM
Foob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got a new battery, but...

Running into an electical problem ever since getting the battery replaced.(like 2 days ago) Car was randomly dying if stopped for more than a few seconds. Either dash lights flickering, or the air cutting on and off, or the radio not playing any sound.. it's weird sometimes it's totally fine, just sitting there idling for long periods of time, then other times it's completely dead. Died on me as I pulled into parking spot for work, (and when I mean died I mean not even the door lights turn on.) Came after work (about 6 hours later) after 2 tries car starts right up. Not a single problem coming home. Before I replaced the battery I was stranded at the hospital had AAA, driver ran a diagnostic everything passed, no leaks, but due to the battery's age he reccomended a new one. Got it swapped out under warrenty (was less than 2 years old) any ideas anyone? Had to take my moms truck to work today because of fear of being stranded again. Scared to say I might have to sell the car soon only has 124k on the Odometer. I always keep up with maintenance. Any help is appreciated!
Old 10-21-16, 01:21 AM
Hayce
Driver

Originally Posted by CAKETOWN
Are those the only arms you got Hayce? Quite nosey you say hrmm i'm considering buying the whole lineup from serial nine.
In front yep. There's Figs spherical sway bar links in the front, other than that just new bushes in the steering rack, sway bars and the "#1 and #2" bushes.
The rear has the same sway bar links and Figs spherical lowers. Still have to put their toe arms in. Need to swap the rear frame/hubs for GS300 to remove the rear steering to fit those.

With all of that, it's really noisy. Loads of clunking. I pulled it apart today thinking some of it was loose.. not so. In hindsight I would go a different route for a daily car, or time for a stereo lol.
Old 10-21-16, 02:11 AM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hayce
In front yep. There's Figs spherical sway bar links in the front, other than that just new bushes in the steering rack, sway bars and the "#1 and #2" bushes.
The rear has the same sway bar links and Figs spherical lowers. Still have to put their toe arms in. Need to swap the rear frame/hubs for GS300 to remove the rear steering to fit those.

With all of that, it's really noisy. Loads of clunking. I pulled it apart today thinking some of it was loose.. not so. In hindsight I would go a different route for a daily car, or time for a stereo lol.
Well i'm planning on lowering my car some more as i just got new coilovers and im gonna buy the rear toe arm, i was thinking about buying the whole kit but i dont know how much the factory arms have for adjustability. Your car looks sharp btw.
Old 10-21-16, 05:04 AM
bilgen
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Foob
Running into an electical problem ever since getting the battery replaced.(like 2 days ago) Car was randomly dying if stopped for more than a few seconds. Either dash lights flickering, or the air cutting on and off, or the radio not playing any sound.. it's weird sometimes it's totally fine, just sitting there idling for long periods of time, then other times it's completely dead. Died on me as I pulled into parking spot for work, (and when I mean died I mean not even the door lights turn on.) Came after work (about 6 hours later) after 2 tries car starts right up. Not a single problem coming home. Before I replaced the battery I was stranded at the hospital had AAA, driver ran a diagnostic everything passed, no leaks, but due to the battery's age he reccomended a new one. Got it swapped out under warrenty (was less than 2 years old) any ideas anyone? Had to take my moms truck to work today because of fear of being stranded again. Scared to say I might have to sell the car soon only has 124k on the Odometer. I always keep up with maintenance. Any help is appreciated!
Sounds like your battery terminals are loose/shot.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?