GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Do blackwood steering wheels exist?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 02:07 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Do blackwood steering wheels exist?

Need one for an 02, NEEDS E-shift. I know Carbon GS, yakuza, and slowdiver had one. Where are you guys getting this? Is the price even worth it?

Old 03-07-13, 02:37 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is mine ordered from japan:

It was color match because the original aristo black wood wheel was a purple black color...rather than a grey black color.

http://www.grazio-co.com/steer_shift/steer_shift.html

Last edited by nar8ta; 03-07-13 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-07-13, 02:59 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

how much is the conversion to dollars?

its hard to read Japanese which one would be a direct match for a e-shift 02 SD?

the LHD RHD difference doesn't cause a problem?
Old 03-07-13, 03:19 PM
BCHDAZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/l157454775

there you go....
Old 03-07-13, 03:25 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

websites look so sketchy!

Just converted yen to dollars, looks like the steering wheel is only ~250 dollars which isn't too bad.
Old 03-07-13, 04:25 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts

Do they make one for none e shift? all the pics are e shift
Old 03-07-13, 08:26 PM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nar8ta
This is mine ordered from japan:

It was color match because the original aristo black wood wheel was a purple black color...rather than a grey black color.

http://www.grazio-co.com/steer_shift/steer_shift.html
That is nice!
Old 03-07-13, 08:48 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by BCHDAZ

That look nice but be careful, i was sent a pic of a color and when I got it it wasn't the same color from the pic. Make sure you get as much close up pictures as possible.

I then had to get it color match because it annoyed me. The people that did the work stripped the wood wheel and said they must of used amber colored lacquer which shifted the black wood to a purple color. They coated with a clear lacquer and it match perfectly. If I had brown wood, I would just ship all of my pieces and get them Hydro coating water transfer like wringo's car.

If you notice the fist picture that the OP uploaded has a blueish tone to the wheel, which matches the console perfectly. I wonder if he got his console treated? My sport design black wood console and door trims are not that color, or maybe it's the camera light.

Originally Posted by AZTurbo
That is nice!
Thanks bro

Last edited by nar8ta; 03-08-13 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-08-13, 02:59 AM
BCHDAZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
websites look so sketchy!

Just converted yen to dollars, looks like the steering wheel is only ~250 dollars which isn't too bad.
it's not sketchy, Yahoo auctions allow shops to do a fir bit of advertising within there auction page is all. make's it cluttered, and can seem like a completely different website.
Old 03-08-13, 04:27 AM
hatteroo
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Silk Blaze makes them too...thinking about picking one up but not sure if I wanna drop 20,000Y on one just yet :-\
Old 03-08-13, 07:06 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by AVSRacing

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...dition-12.html

Originally Posted by hatteroo
Silk Blaze makes them too...thinking about picking one up but not sure if I wanna drop 20,000Y on one just yet :-\
Yeah I forgot about that one it looks nice with the flat leather trim.

This was the first wood wheel I bought from japan before I did a full black interior swap.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by nar8ta; 03-08-13 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-08-13, 07:39 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
Need one for an 02, NEEDS E-shift. I know Carbon GS, yakuza, and slowdiver had one. Where are you guys getting this? Is the price even worth it?
keep in mind if you have OEM blackwood most the time the shade will be off as the JDM blackwood and OEM USDM blackwood is a different color, so buy your wheel accordingly. (while im thinking about this can anyone explain to me why the USDM OEM Sport design blackwood ashtray doesnt match the USDM OEM Sport design other wood right? its a different shade and has been on everyone's i have ever seen including the set i bought recently)

depends on what you think is worth the money

Originally Posted by AVSRacing
yes, just rare.....i sold one to Amsmike a few years ago and regret it. i bought it from Yakuza and moved it shortly after to mike,

im currently searching for one in blackwood/black that matches the USDM blackwood but havent really put any effort into it atm. i tried to use the company Lee used to water transfer his but i have been calling/emailing that company for awhile now and cannot get them to return a call
Old 03-08-13, 07:53 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by sakataj
keep in mind if you have OEM blackwood most the time the shade will be off as the JDM blackwood and OEM USDM blackwood is a different color, so buy your wheel accordingly. (while im thinking about this can anyone explain to me why the USDM OEM Sport design blackwood ashtray doesnt match the USDM OEM Sport design other wood right? its a different shade and has been on everyone's i have ever seen including the set i bought recently)

depends on what you think is worth the money

yes, just rare.....i sold one to Amsmike a few years ago and regret it. i bought it from Yakuza and moved it shortly after to mike,

im currently searching for one in blackwood/black that matches the USDM blackwood but havent really put any effort into it atm. i tried to use the company Lee used to water transfer his but i have been calling/emailing that company for awhile now and cannot get them to return a call

Nice B, same wheel in sportgrip.

B I just got off the phone with Classic Trim WTP, I got through just fine. Call them now.

http://classictrimwtp.com/About_us.html
Old 03-08-13, 08:05 AM
haroon18
Driver

Anyone know where I can find a gray with burlwood and E-shift steering wheel for a good price. Thank You.
Old 03-08-13, 08:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nar8ta
Nice B, same wheel in sportgrip.

B I just got off the phone with Classic Trim WTP, I got through just fine. Call them now.

http://classictrimwtp.com/About_us.html
NICE, i did Lee and FINALLY got in touch with them. gonna remove this (old pic notice i hadnt done my black interior swap in this pic)

and then temporarily go to the wheel im working on....while that one gets water transferred

i have been collecting wheels for awhile now, i have had 6 now (i guess since i dont care about rims, i have to be another type of wheel *****)

(oh Lee, i found a place to make a mount for my Rear BBK now i just need to buy a Rear BBK, but i need some measurements call me today if you can not right now but this afternoon if you can)

Originally Posted by haroon18
Anyone know where I can find a gray with burlwood and E-shift steering wheel for a good price. Thank You.
yes

Quick Reply: Do blackwood steering wheels exist?