GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS300 Aristo Swap fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 07:34 AM
cliff351gt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS300 Aristo Swap fuel question

I just finished my 02 GS300 2JZGTE Aristo swap. The question I have is about the fuel system. I was told that if you weld the hole shut in the end of the regulator on the fuel hanger that it will basically shut it down. I am trying to get away with not having to run the SRT hanger for $400. From what I have been told the way the tank is set up in stock form it pulls from 2 sides of the tank and if you do not have the return set up properly it will drain only half of the tank and then you run out of fuel with still 1/2 tank left. How can I bypass this regulator and still utilize the syphon technique of the stock hanger? I know I seen someone out there use some fittings but I cant seem to find it now. I have an Aeromotive 340lph pump feeding the stock fuel rail, took off the dampner and put a return line off there into the A1000 Aeromotive FPR. My problem is I am only seeing 28psi of fuel at the regulator and no matter how high I turn it up it wont go any higher, I need it to be closer to 38psi. It has to be that stock regulator inside the tank. Please someone help, the car has been down 3 months and I was able to sit in the seat last night and drive it for the first time and now I am Jonesing! Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 03-07-13, 07:35 AM
cliff351gt
Driver School Candidate

BTW I have been lurking for a while, this was my first post. Woohoo!!!
Old 03-07-13, 11:11 PM
michal5000
Rookie

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I had the same done to my Aristo-swapped GS, and the same problem occured. From my undestanding:
  • We still utilize stock fuel pump hanger.
  • Yes, the tank being divided to left and right half is a problem. We are currently in the process of connecting the two halves with a small pass-thru pipe. An important thing here is that the person who does a welding job must be exstremely careful.
  • We skipped the stock fuel regulator.
Old 03-09-13, 05:24 AM
cliff351gt
Driver School Candidate

Problem with that is the tank is a saddle tank, the passenger side sits lower than the driver side sheet the pickup is. So when you get to about 1/4 tank, you will run out and be stranded. I took the stock regulator out of the hanger and welded both sides shut and it is working great now.
Old 11-28-13, 08:39 PM
4rcedfed
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to bump an old thread, but adding a bulk head fitting for a return line just dumping back into the tank and welding shut the fuel pressure regulator thats built into the assembly/ hanger worked??
No more problems pulling fuel from the other tank and no funky fuel gauge readings?? Ive been searching for an aristo pump assembly for so long, didn't want to mod the factory hanger or use the jpk from the threads ive read.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-27-14, 08:13 PM
alsharnf
Driver School Candidate

Default Same problem in my Turbo gs

I know this is an old subject
But I have a same problem in my Turbo Gs (2jz gte vvti) and I need your help to solve it please...

As your reply up I need to weld pipe in the middle of the tank but we're is it in the below of the tank , up or in said it ..

If you have photos I will appreciate yor support... thx
Old 05-28-14, 12:12 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have pictures of what people are talking bout.
Old 05-28-14, 02:36 AM
alsharnf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jwin
Anyone have pictures of what people are talking bout.
Thanks Bro for trying to help me.
Old 05-28-14, 07:37 PM
alsharnf
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy help help

No body of you help me
Old 06-02-14, 03:55 AM
cliff351gt
Driver School Candidate

Sorry it took me so long to respond. We ended up welding both side of the stock regulated shut, it allowed us to fully adjust the pressure at the Aeromotive regulator but it did not fix the fuel level issue. Even if you pull the tank apart and put a pass thru pipe in that still will not work. 1 side is lower than the other and when the fuel level get below that pass thru it will no longer transfer. You will need the Sard jet pump killer or the SRT fuel pump hanger for the fuel to work properly. I did not use either of these and tried everything and the car would run out of gas at 1/4 tank because it was not pulling from the other side correctly. Save yourself the aggregation and purchase one of these 2 products as I wasted a lot of time and money.
Old 06-10-14, 07:31 AM
ceedoc
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys, I have a vvti blue top turbo swap since 2009 in a 2001 gs and have done all the mods that an aristo have. I had that problem from day one. The fuel gauge reads quarter tank and it was actually stop the car but the right side of the saddle tank was full. I went to my local dealer JM Lexus and replace the both floats right and left and still and the same problem. I had someone modified the siphon and now what happens is that the car when fuelled at the fuel station, the gauge shows quarter when full and will go all the way done to the light when empty. I am installing a Sard Jet pump killer with a JDM Aristo fuel assembly with the return line. The jdm fuel assembly comes with both lines. I trying to get some from Japan. When I complete the installation, i will let you guys know if the issue is fixed. I am waiting on the Sard jet pump killer, I want to install them both.
Old 06-10-14, 07:53 AM
hcharlesc3
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ceedoc
Guys, I have a vvti blue top turbo swap since 2009 in a 2001 gs and have done all the mods that an aristo have. I had that problem from day one. The fuel gauge reads quarter tank and it was actually stop the car but the right side of the saddle tank was full. I went to my local dealer JM Lexus and replace the both floats right and left and still and the same problem. I had someone modified the siphon and now what happens is that the car when fuelled at the fuel station, the gauge shows quarter when full and will go all the way done to the light when empty. I am installing a Sard Jet pump killer with a JDM Aristo fuel assembly with the return line. The jdm fuel assembly comes with both lines. I trying to get some from Japan. When I complete the installation, i will let you guys know if the issue is fixed. I am waiting on the Sard jet pump killer, I want to install them both.
Like cliff said you should have no issues once you install the jet pump killer. Everything should be back to normal. Good luck.