GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anybody else as excited as i am for the varrstoen es6's to come out!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-13, 05:35 PM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont get what's the big deal, some people dont have 3 stacks for rims, I already have works on My GS, I have a Z32 that I need new rims for, I would get Varrstoen in a heart beat, there affordable and they look great! If I crack my rim, then I crack it. I understand if you have High HP, and tracking the car etc, I would definitely go forged. But everyday people don't do those things on a daily basis. Also Some manufactures are charging ridiculous amounts of money for some wheels! I'd Rather buy a new car!

BTW I cant wait either!!!
Old 02-13-13, 06:42 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly not excited for a rep of one of the oldest JDM wheels eva. Vardogs would be hot if they came out with they're own designs without fake 2 piece's. Nothing wrong with cast just have to think a little.
Old 02-13-13, 06:44 PM
MurdaInc
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kicking down replicas down since day one.. save your money and buy real meisters..
Old 02-13-13, 06:58 PM
GGPGS300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see these and the CCW reps come out. Who cares if they're copies..not everyone has that kind of $$$$ to spend on wheels. Let us broke people look cool for once lol
Old 02-13-13, 07:18 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets take a step back here for a second.

To me, a center cap is an integral part of a wheel. You can buy the caps for the OG wheels, but they dont fit on most applications which is the crap part. If varron whatever the brand is called was able to make the wheel but was able to integrate a center cap better, then theyve upgraded an already good design. This ofcourse ignoring the strength of the wheel.

Im no stranger to real parts, check my track record. Im also a fan of affordable parts. Its aimed at a different market. No need to judge those who buy these parts.

I'm not mad.

Last edited by excluesive; 02-13-13 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-13-13, 09:02 PM
GGPGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by solowlex
I know most of the guys will run a 225/35/19 Fronts and for the Rears they will run 245/35/19.

Im going to run 225/35/19 fronts and 255/35/19 for rears because im going for more boooooost this spring. !!!!!

They will only come in 19x9.5 +15 or +22 and 19x11 +15 or +25. If they came out in 10.5 i would get those instead because i dont feel like pulling out my fenders to fit the 255....
Try pulling your rears with a phone book + heat gun I did it on mine and it easily got me 3-5mm more clearance after I shaved it. It also isn't noticeable at all!
Old 02-13-13, 09:28 PM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back on topic: IMHO this whole discussion about center caps is a bit silly. The Meister S1 3-piece is a lightweight performance wheel. It's designed for track use. If you've ever been through tech at a track event you know that they'll fail you if you have center caps on your wheels. Know why? Because they'll melt. I've seen it happen first hand. Plastic center caps will melt like butter during a 20 minute lapping session. Even metal ones will deform and likely pop out of the wheel causing a fairly major track hazard.

So explain to me how the addition of a center cap somehow makes a heavy, cast, 1-piece wheel that's pretending to be a 3-piece wheel with fake-*** rim bolts superior to a lightweight, forged 3-piece wheel.

Anyway - the argument is moot with regards to this particular wheel design since you can get center caps to fit the S1.

The silly thing is that the Meister S1 comes in a 1-piece version from Work. It looks nearly identical to the 3-piece except that it doesn't have the bolts. So if you're going to knock off the wheel using a 1-piece casting method, why not knock off the 1-piece version of the wheel?

To each his own. I think it's a nice looking wheel and I considered Rota D2's for my supercharged NB back in the day. But to somehow make the ridiculous argument that the knockoff is better than the original is far-fetched to say the least.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-13-13 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Check pm
Old 02-14-13, 06:11 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mk2tmr2
Back on topic: IMHO this whole discussion about center caps is a bit silly. The Meister S1 3-piece is a lightweight performance wheel. It's designed for track use. If you've ever been through tech at a track event you know that they'll fail you if you have center caps on your wheels. Know why? Because they'll melt. I've seen it happen first hand. Plastic center caps will melt like butter during a 20 minute lapping session. Even metal ones will deform and likely pop out of the wheel causing a fairly major track hazard.

So explain to me how the addition of a center cap somehow makes a heavy, cast, 1-piece wheel that's pretending to be a 3-piece wheel with fake-*** rim bolts superior to a lightweight, forged 3-piece wheel.

Anyway - the argument is moot with regards to this particular wheel design since you can get center caps to fit the S1.

The silly thing is that the Meister S1 comes in a 1-piece version from Work. It looks nearly identical to the 3-piece except that it doesn't have the bolts. So if you're going to knock off the wheel using a 1-piece casting method, why not knock off the 1-piece version of the wheel?

To each his own. I think it's a nice looking wheel and I considered Rota D2's for my supercharged NB back in the day. But to somehow make the ridiculous argument that the knockoff is better than the original is far-fetched to say the least.
from a use perspective, you've won. I still think the wheel is not that great in the first place. so yes. moot point.
Old 02-14-13, 07:06 AM
solowlex
Pole Position

woah sorry to get everybody in trouble...i was just curious on how many people were planning to get these wheels, thats all!
I really like them, i really like varrstoen. i also love works! I just dont want to spend 3k on a set of wheels and have to worry about them getting stolen when im going downtown to enjoy a night with some friends and come back to my car not having any wheels!
Anyways.....varrstoens do come with center caps, or at least my first set did! If this is a problem i will make sure to ask for center caps when buying my set. Once again....i was just curious to see how many members are planning on running these wheels. And NO varrstoens do NOT crack!!! I have not ever heard of a set cracking!
Old 02-14-13, 07:31 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

all wheels crack under the right circumstances.
Old 02-14-13, 08:58 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

guys your comparing a japan made true three piece rim to a cast one piece lolol...

no comment. (comming from a guy who has meisters)
Old 02-14-13, 11:14 AM
solowlex
Pole Position

I wasnt even comparing. i know meisters are better! i just dont want to spend 3k on wheels this season. I was about to buy a set but then the next day i saw varrstoen coming out with reps!
And yes Excluesive you are rite about that!
Old 02-14-13, 03:55 PM
707IS250
Rookie

I'm on the wait list for the es6 for my ISx50. I'm excited!
Old 02-14-13, 04:30 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the ES6's are pretty ridiculous. I had some ES2.2.2's for a while but these Meister reps are just stupid IMO. I still respect the people who buy them as they do look good but youre only fooling yourself. I'm with Mike, support authentic.
Old 02-15-13, 08:26 AM
solowlex
Pole Position

Okay but what about the SSR Professor SP1 Wheels they almost look the same as Meisters....lol jus sayin.

Quick Reply: Anybody else as excited as i am for the varrstoen es6's to come out!?!?!