GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

99 GS300, Need ECU Body plug pinouts

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-11, 07:57 PM
StarkoS14
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 GS300, Need ECU Body plug pinouts

Hey Guys, does anyone have a list of what the numbers are for the following plugs in the ecu box? Its not the ECU plugs themselves, but the plugs go with the engine harness.

Name:  99gs300ecutobodyharness.png
Views: 5239
Size:  254.8 KB

Name:  387865_10101907244568484_9309869_88243382_1056650741_n.jpg
Views: 4734
Size:  49.5 KB
Old 12-18-11, 08:14 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Those are body-to-cabin plugs, there are only three plugs that go to the engine, they are the ones circled. Those are all you need for the most part to do your 147 swap, except the tach wire and possibly the shift lock.

Do you have the motor out yet? I'm assuming not since you would probally have pulled the harness with it and those circled wires wouldn't be in the box anymore.

You have a few options for what you are trying to do. Which direction are you trying go, as far ecu's/engine control?

Old 12-18-11, 03:50 PM
StarkoS14
Pole Position

Well, I'm going with the auto trans it came with too, I'm pretty sure there's some trans stuff in there. When we pulled the motor and trans together, all those plugs not circled came off with it and they run to the trans and traction control stuff. we have the wiring and pinouts for the jdm trans, so we want to wire everything in. Im using the stock JDM TT ECU. And yeah, my motor is out.. all my mounts were ripped apart, cant wait to post a pic..

Last edited by StarkoS14; 12-18-11 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-18-11, 06:44 PM
StarkoS14
Pole Position

pretty sure I got most of them now, thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far. Ill do a build thread once Im not soo busy working on the car.
Old 03-06-12, 02:46 PM
AMA0627
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone find the pinout for the BODY TO CABIN plugs?!?! I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Adam
Old 03-06-12, 03:23 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by AMA0627
Did anyone find the pinout for the BODY TO CABIN plugs?!?! I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Adam
The service manual nor all data have them all labeled grouped together in the box like they have for the ecu itself. You have to reverse trace the colors from where they go to.

But the pinouts for most of those body plugs are not needed for engine swaps. The 5 ecu plugs are mostly what you need to know in which those diagrams are everywhere.

If someone needs to know the colors of a specific function they need to interface with it's easy enough to go backwards from what item in the car your trying to modify.

Those plugs are from things like the bumper temp sensor, abs sensors, thermistor, radiator fans and temp, windshield wiper fluid motor and level sensor, etc..
Old 03-07-12, 07:54 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Thanks,
Adam
steven has them....i scanned and emailed most the plugs he needed i think he's on vacation if i remember correctly. check over his threads i think i attached some in his old posts
Old 03-07-12, 10:31 AM
StarkoS14
Pole Position

well, theres no pinout diagrarm. Brian gave me some stuff, but everything the manuals offer is incomplete. i found a jzs161 pinout which is virtually identical, but it only has 3 of the plugs.. most of the stuff we traced ourselves... it was a pain and unfortunately, I dont have any solid pinout to provide.
Old 03-07-12, 12:32 PM
AMA0627
Rookie

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess i'll just have to do the dirty and trace them back..

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
The service manual nor all data have them all labeled grouped together in the box like they have for the ecu itself. You have to reverse trace the colors from where they go to.

But the pinouts for most of those body plugs are not needed for engine swaps. The 5 ecu plugs are mostly what you need to know in which those diagrams are everywhere.

If someone needs to know the colors of a specific function they need to interface with it's easy enough to go backwards from what item in the car your trying to modify.

Those plugs are from things like the bumper temp sensor, abs sensors, thermistor, radiator fans and temp, windshield wiper fluid motor and level sensor, etc..
Yeah, i'm not trying to do a swap, the swap is done. But one of the plugs was cut off from a previous owner and only a few wires were re attached

No big deal, thanks again.

-Adam
Old 04-25-12, 05:10 PM
AMA0627
Rookie

Hey guys hoping you can shed some light on some issues I'm having..

I still need to find some wires in the body harness that go to the cluster. The specific ones are as follows:

Coolant temp
Tacho
Windshield washer

If someone can locate these on the picture above in the first post, I would be very greatful!

Thanks guys!

-Adam

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess i'll just have to do the dirty and trace them back..

Yeah, i'm not trying to do a swap, the swap is done. But one of the plugs was cut off from a previous owner and only a few wires were re attached

No big deal, thanks again.

-Adam
Old 04-26-12, 09:42 AM
AMA0627
Rookie

Originally Posted by sakataj
steven has them....i scanned and emailed most the plugs he needed i think he's on vacation if i remember correctly. check over his threads i think i attached some in his old posts
Bump
Old 05-03-12, 09:16 AM
StarkoS14
Pole Position

Hey guys hoping you can shed some light on some issues I'm having..

I still need to find some wires in the body harness that go to the cluster. The specific ones are as follows:

Coolant temp
Tacho
Windshield washer

If someone can locate these on the picture above in the first post, I would be very greatful!

Thanks guys!

-Adam
They wont communicate with the car even if you wire them up... windshield washer light will stay on, tach wont work(even with msd adapter), and I just bought a coolant temp gauge.. Also realized my A/C doesnt work either...
Old 05-03-12, 09:17 AM
StarkoS14
Pole Position

here's a link for the jzs161. its basically the same as the 160

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...yLoomPlugWhite
Old 05-05-12, 08:28 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by StarkoS14
They wont communicate with the car even if you wire them up... windshield washer light will stay on, tach wont work(even with msd adapter), and I just bought a coolant temp gauge.. Also realized my A/C doesnt work either...
Posting on Mitsuguys computer, this is ama0627

When I got the car from the previous owner, the tacho did work... along with the ac. so its possible, I wasn't there when the motor was pulled so I'm not sure which wires went where from the engine to the body harness... i'll reference the link you sent and see if I can make some headway today..

I have an aftermarket coolant temp guage along with oil pressure.. just need hooked up.

I'm not too worried about the windshield washer light working, i'll just pull the bulb. That's too easy.

I'll keep you posted if i find anything out today.
Old 05-05-12, 08:43 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

AGAIN POSTING ON MITSUGUYS COMP

Originally Posted by StarkoS14
Hey man, I got the tach to work today, it's simple, thanks to the pinout you sent me.

The very far left connector, pin number 2. (reference photo below) You just have to connect this wire to pin number 1 on the small connector of your Igniter. (Reference second photo down)

I'm going to work more tomorrow and try to get the coolant temp to work as well... I don't really care about the washer fluid light nor the trac light. They can be pulled, but I would like to be able to monitor the other vitals in an OEM fashion. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the help BTW,
Adam

Quick Reply: 99 GS300, Need ECU Body plug pinouts