GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-12, 08:37 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Please anyone. I found one link that kind tips off the iceberg but it really doesn't have photos to provide actual insight on how to do it properly and carefully. Avoiding any damages of side skirt, side moldings, etc.

Here's the link I found, but it really doesn't show any photos. I do find it helpful however:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...placement.html

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 12-03-12, 04:50 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Please guys. Anybody know of any DIY fordriver side fender please?

Old 12-07-12, 03:20 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Was goooOoOOod!!!!! Just staying lifelessly relevant.

Old 12-09-12, 11:32 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Hey CL! It's been a while since I posted onto my thread. Here's a few pics of the parts I've received in the past 2 weeks. Still need the fender and 2 other components and I'll be on my way. Still will post DIY once I start the job.
Attached Thumbnails Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-lights-1.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-lights-2.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-lights-3.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-receipt-1.jpg  
Old 01-12-13, 12:36 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Ok. Im Back lol. Been a lil while. I've got everything and now I'm trying to rebuild. I have 1 problem stopping me tho. The H.I.D. ballast with the cable attached to it. I'm having trouble taking the whole thing out from old bulb and into new one. I removed the actual light bulb to avoid damaging. Here's A PIC BVELOW OF WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE NOW. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD TIPS ON HOW TO REMOVE THIS WITHOUT DESTROYING ANYTHING AND ALSO, AN INNOVATIVE WAY TO INSTALL ONTO THE OTHER HEADLIGHT? THE SPACE PROVIDED TO INSERT CABLE THRU AND ONTO THE OTHER SIDE is limited .... Please, can someone take a look and if possible throw me some suggestions. This is stopping me big time from completing my rebuild.
Attached Thumbnails Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-20130112_151719.jpg  
Old 01-12-13, 12:45 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Also, Here's a few pics of the parts I've recived the past few weeks. Big personal Thank you to CL member LALEX1. All parts bought were OEM Toyota. Thanks! Please someone shoot me some suggestions with my little problem with HID ballast above this post. Please and thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-new-fender-1.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-bumper-new-1.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-wheel-caps.jpg  
Old 01-12-13, 01:42 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

OK, so I managed to get the HID ballast out with the cable. I slightly broke off plastic from the old headlight (which was damaged already). Now as you can see, the cable doesn't fit thru the space to get out thru the whole up top. The space provided is too small.

Please, someone help me out... ... I'm really confused. There has to be a way of putting the cable thru without damaging headlights. I spent a ton of cash on these OEM headlights and I just want to install things properly. No damages. Please, anyone shoot me any suggestions. I'd deeply appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-hid1.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-hid2.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-hid3.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-hid4.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-hid5.jpg  

Old 01-12-13, 02:17 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Is there any I can disconnect this plug outlet from the cable somehow?? Just to get the cable thru headlight housing and then reconnect on the other side?? There has to be a way. Please, anyone, shoot me any suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-hid6.jpg  
Old 01-12-13, 02:18 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Good luck with your rebuild. Sucks some redneck backed into your bumper. I can't stand when idiot leave those huge things on the back of their trucks. Trailer trashy people.
Old 01-12-13, 02:40 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

aneidiaz, it will fit. You just have to position it properly.
Old 01-12-13, 02:54 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Yes I will try. But how so? It really looks like its gonna scrape against everything. If that's how it is, lemme know. I'll try my best way with that.

Old 01-12-13, 05:26 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
ThomasGS4 You were correct. The cable did fit with a little moving around thru the housing. Was a little difficult but not hard at all. This is how the car is looking now. I've successfully installed fender and brand new OEM headlights. Transferred all HID components and everything lit up fine. Just a little more to go!
Attached Thumbnails Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-rebuild2.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-rebuild1.jpg  
Old 01-12-13, 05:50 PM
sugzz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The car is coming along well. Gr8 job putting it back together.
Old 01-12-13, 09:09 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sugzz
The car is coming along well. Gr8 job putting it back together.
Thanks bro! Just finished up. Gotta few minor things I need to still get done. But the beast is looking back to normal again
Old 01-12-13, 09:10 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Here's the car right now.
Attached Thumbnails Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-finish1.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-finish2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...